2015-2016 Columbia University College of P&S Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I imagine all of the acceptances would update at the same time, so I guess I'm SOL...
Hopefully they're coming in waves. I'll be rooting for ya! This was stressful.

Did people accepted yesterday all also get the email?

I'm at work and can't focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of schools have rolling admissions, but Columbia seems to only have rolling notifications. Can't say it's an improvement

no portal update yet, no call yet. c'mon, Despommier! or, c'mon P&S - just reject me already and stop the torture!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow... I'm sorry but this process is torturous. They really need to figure out a better way to do this so that people find out closer to the same time. It leaves a lot of people feeling really awful and in limbo.

Reactions: 2 users
1) make excel sheet with everyone's names and email address 2) create a column labeled 'Accepted' 3) write Y or N for each 4) filter -> sort the ones who are accepted 5) copy and paste email address in bcc 6) write acceptance email 7) press send

Reactions: 8 users
yeah this is really disorganized

still no call or email or portal update for me either

Reactions: 5 users
Haven't had a call or status update. (WT)

Just want this bandaid ripped off already!

Rejected pre-II, got an email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Waitlisted, got email notification.

Likely to withdraw for other acceptances. Good luck to everyone on the WL! Seems like a lot of people are pulled off eventually.

Annnnnnnd waitlisted - Ah well. Also, for future applicants, had a nice personalized reply to my thank you note from the Dean, goes to show it definitely doesn't mean much. Oh well.

Edit: Weird sense of relief now that I'm not staring at my phone all day :)

Last edited:
WL too!
Does anyone have statistics about how many applicants get off the waitlist?