2020-2021 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those accepted, when is our seat fee due?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
May 1st I believe
Yeah I was wondering something about this as well. The emails from Shelley Streeter seem to imply that we are required to choose plan to enroll. I thought you didn’t have to do that and that it was just something schools used for statistics. I’ve heard that you can strategically not plan to enroll so other schools don’t know you have acceptances. But maybe I’m just being neurotic lol.

Yeah I was wondering something about this as well. The emails from Shelley Streeter seem to imply that we are required to choose plan to enroll. I thought you didn’t have to do that and that it was just something schools used for statistics. I’ve heard that you can strategically not plan to enroll so other schools don’t know you have acceptances. But maybe I’m just being neurotic lol.
From what I have read I think they (other schools) only see if you select commit to enroll. I’ve been so confused about this too you’re not alone lol

From what I have read I think they (other schools) only see if you select commit to enroll. I’ve been so confused about this too you’re not alone lol
I have no idea how to make this link NOT do this huge link preview so I am so sorry for the wall of text lol

this is a pretty informative post if you wanted to take a look at plan to enroll vs commit to enroll

Has anyone heard of any WL movement? I thought there would be at least a few new acceptances since Friday

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a FB group or something similar for admitted students?
This has already been answered, but there will be a created Facebook by someone in my class. You will get invited to it once its created.

Reactions: 1 user
WL accepted Monday morning. Top third IS. Was my first choice! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In past years it looks like they made it to middle-tier IS by this point in May but movement looks slow this cycle. Are there expected to be any more waves of acceptance? Or is it more of a slow trickle effect from here on out?

In past years it looks like they made it to middle-tier IS by this point in May but movement looks slow this cycle. Are there expected to be any more waves of acceptance? Or is it more of a slow trickle effect from here on out?
Right? It seems like on past threads that there were a bunch of people posting that they got accepted around this point in May, but not many people have said anything. I find it hard to believe that this is the year people decide not to post. Top tier OOS with plans on taking the MCAT again on May 20th, would do just about anything to get a call and then set these books on fire.

Compared to last year, they had to extend interviews for an extra month and the WL was released later than normal. So I’m guessing a lot of the movement seen from last April will be reflected in May this year instead.

Right? It seems like on past threads that there were a bunch of people posting that they got accepted around this point in May, but not many people have said anything. I find it hard to believe that this is the year people decide not to post. Top tier OOS with plans on taking the MCAT again on May 20th, would do just about anything to get a call and then set these books on fire.
Same boat as you! IS Middle Tier. Retaking the MCAT on May 15th, hanging on by a thread hahaha.

Same boat as you! IS Middle Tier. Retaking the MCAT on May 15th, hanging on by a thread hahaha.
Good luck! Hoping both of us (+ everyone on this thread🙏) get in and can never worry about that stupid test ever again.

Hi guys! I have given up my spot on the waitlist. Good luck everyone!!!

Just got accepted!?! (My first A!)
IS, Middle Tier!
CONGRATS!!! Into the Middle Tier already for IS is awesome! I'm going to use this good news as momentum to will the OOS top-tier call into existence. 🙏

Reactions: 4 users
I plan to give up my current spot sometime this week, I hope it goes to one of you!

For OOS, how many people do you guys think are in each tier of the waitlist? It seems like there has been like 4 or 5 who have gotten the A already.

Any other IS middle tier movement? I’m assuming all of the IS top tier has been called even though there weren’t many posts. Anyone hear a general update from admissions?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance here too. I hope it goes to one of you, good luck to those still on the WL!!! Don’t lose hope🤞🏼

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there's a specific email to withdrawal an acceptance or is it just the general admissions office email?

Does anyone know if there's a specific email to withdrawal an acceptance or is it just the general admissions office email?
I would assume general admissions or maybe call. Good luck wherever you decided to go!

If this helps anyone, the middle 1/3 of the waitlist usually starts moving around may 26 and continues moving through june20

If this helps anyone, the middle 1/3 of the waitlist usually starts moving around may 26 and continues moving through june20
Thank you! Do you have any insight as to how much of the middle-tier typically gets accepted or how this year's middle-tier movement might compare to years past?

is this based off of previous years movement? I've seen two people on social media I know through friends get in last week and I feel like they had to have been middle tier also since someone from middle tier has posted on here that they got in??

is this based off of previous years movement? I've seen two people on social media I know through friends get in last week and I feel like they had to have been middle tier also since someone from middle tier has posted on here that they got in??
Usually, they clear the entire middle 1/3

Are y'all sure there's a separate IS and OOS waitlist? Does the IS one get cleared first?

Are y'all sure there's a separate IS and OOS waitlist? Does the IS one get cleared first?
I’ve asked this before and no one answered me. I’m assuming no one actually knows. Not sure how the idea of separate lists even started in the first place. In my email I was only told my tier without a designation of IS or OOS. I don’t know what they use to determine status if they did. Other schools have you fill out a residency form with the secondary.

I’ve asked this before and no one answered me. I’m assuming no one actually knows. Not sure how the idea of separate lists even started in the first place. In my email I was only told my tier without a designation of IS or OOS. I don’t know what they use to determine status if they did. Other schools have you fill out a residency form with the secondary.
Yea there are two separate lists bc of a specific number of seats for each and OOS moves slower

Just got the call! Top tier, OOS. Currently SHAKING with excitement. For everyone else, I emailed Shelley last week and she responded this morning saying there was movement and that they were going to be giving acceptances today.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call! Top tier, OOS. Currently SHAKING with excitement. For everyone else, I emailed Shelley last week and she responded this morning saying there was movement and that they were going to be giving acceptances today.
Congrats!!

Just turned down my offer (middle tier IS). Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Sounds like there is a bit of movement on the OOS waitlist. Maybe they will break into the middle tier this year?

I am middle tier IS. I was told that with the offers from today the class is now full again. More wait!

I am middle tier IS. I was told that with the offers from today the class is now full again. More wait!
Any indication of how many spots are in one tier? It seems like they have been working through middle tier for a while now.

Any indication of how many spots are in one tier? It seems like they have been working through middle tier for a while now.
I don’t think they disclose that info.

Last edited:
Got the call this morning. OOS, top tier!

• Love