2020-2021 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And now Monday has come to a close
I have checked my email an unhealthy amount today thinking today would be the day but NOPEEEE

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am officially on edge
I have refreshed my email a truly shocking number of times, to the point where I have surprised myself, I think google might reach out and see if everything is okay.:rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Mid-April has come and gone. I wonder if they sent an application update via carrier pigeon.

omg my friend just called and they told her it would be finalized IN A WEEK.......

I got it too, they released the WL
I am honestly so confused by this email. If we already told them we wanted to be on the wait list like 2 weeks ago through email then why do we have to submit a form again and then have to email about where we are on the tier list????

Any idea on how many people typically are waitlisted and how many get off the waitlist every year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted.. emailed to request my position/tier on the waitlist

How quickly are they getting back to people about their tier? Trying not to refresh my email every 5 seconds lol

How quickly are they getting back to people about their tier? Trying not to refresh my email every 5 seconds lol
It took them about an hour and half to get back to me. But it was also lunch time and I’m sure they had many people asking where they stood on the waitlist.

If you are OOS, do they tell you that? Or is everyone assuming what list you are on?

Does anyone know from past years how likely it is for top tier OOS to get an A?

Got the email yesterday asking to confirm I want to go on the WL. I got an email today asking to call re my admission status. I immediately called & was accepted!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted. I Didn’t respond to the email regarding the waitlist a few days ago. Not sure how that worked out.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
So people who were accepted after the scholarship deadline just don’t get to apply for scholarships? What’s up with that?

Hey guys, I am going to be giving up my spot soon, I hope it will fall to one of you. Good luck to everyone through the rest of the admissions process! You are all going to make great docs!

Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone confirm that the $250 has to be paid by May 1st even if we are not sure we want to come here? I might because I love the school a lot but I want to hear back from other schools first!

Hey guys, I am going to be giving up my spot soon, I hope it will fall to one of you. Good luck to everyone through the rest of the admissions process! You are all going to make great docs!
Same, I'm just waiting to get my external scholarship transferred over before formally declining.

I am honestly so confused by this email. If we already told them we wanted to be on the wait list like 2 weeks ago through email then why do we have to submit a form again and then have to email about where we are on the tier list????
I know it seems weird, But a lot of people may get accepted to other schools and not want to be on the waitlist. That's why they do it the way they do.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but does anybody know how far in the past USC has gotten through the IS WL? I have heard conflicting things. Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but does anybody know how far in the past USC has gotten through the IS WL? I have heard conflicting things. Thanks!
It depends on the year; but in previous years they have gotten to the bottom third of the instate waitlist, but the OOS waitlist it will generally just be the top third (but they have gotten down to the middle before). For the instate waitlist, if your top third you will likely hear this month, middle and bottom third it will be closer to mid/late-June (historically). But unfortunately it could be completely different this year. You may be at the top third IS and not hear at all. I know that seems confusing but I’m trying to be realistic for you all; and sometimes the answer isn't a “you will definitely get off”. A few years ago someone did the statistics based on what they saw on SDN and Reddit and they estimated the chances to get off the waitlist instate are 98% chance (top), 75% chance (middle), 25-40% chance (bottom). I honestly don’t know how accurate that it; but it’s something I’ve seen. In the end it’s a waiting game, as much as it sucks, and just hold out. Good luck!

It depends on the year; but in previous years they have gotten to the bottom third of the instate waitlist, but the OOS waitlist it will generally just be the top third (but they have gotten down to the middle before). For the instate waitlist, if your top third you will likely hear this month, middle and bottom third it will be closer to mid/late-June (historically). But unfortunately it could be completely different this year. You may be at the top third IS and not hear at all. I know that seems confusing but I’m trying to be realistic for you all; and sometimes the answer isn't a “you will definitely get off”. A few years ago someone did the statistics based on what they saw on SDN and Reddit and they estimated the chances to get off the waitlist instate are 98% chance (top), 75% chance (middle), 25-40% chance (bottom). I honestly don’t know how accurate that it; but it’s something I’ve seen. In the end it’s a waiting game, as much as it sucks, and just hold out. Good luck!
Any idea on when top tier OOS typically hear? Or is that very variable

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! My first A!!!! Got an email this morning to call the admissions office. So excited, the waitlist is moving!!

Reactions: 6 users
I have officially withdrawn my acceptance here, I’m wishing you all the best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any idea on when top tier OOS typically hear? Or is that very variable
It depends honestly. I was OOS top tier and didn’t hear back, but I have a friend that was OOS top tier and heard (accepted) the day the waitlist went. This isn’t definite, but I believe that the first quarter to half of the top of OOS waitlist gets accepted, everything after is a crapshoot. If you are out of state it’s possible you could be waiting all summer or not hear at all. Whenever I got my OOS waitlist spot, I went ahead and started preparing to apply again because I was at that point really negative about the whole thing. With all of that said, it’s not over and there is definitely a chance you could hear! I hope you hear, and good luck.