2015-2016 Columbia University College of P&S Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Dr. Richard Pierson?

I heard back at around 4:30 PM Eastern time .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
this thread is angstier than middle school prom

Reactions: 4 users
That is somewhat comforting to hear, hopefully there is good news coming to both of us!!! :) Also, that was actually my first ever post on sdn after months of creeping...can't contain it any longer haha
I haven't heard from him either! first one to hear is a golden egg...

Reactions: 3 users
Safe to say if we haven't heard from our interviewer but they've been making calls that it's a "no" from Columbia?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Safe to say if we haven't heard from our interviewer but they've been making calls that it's a "no" from Columbia?

Not safe to say. Interviewers potentially have 10+ calls to make depending on how things work.

It's not over until the status update dings.

Not safe to say. Interviewers potentially have 10+ calls to make depending on how things work.

It's not over until the status update dings.
very true! this application cycle is definitely getting to me. thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh anyone know when portal update will be then?

Reactions: 2 users
And I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
Ever since I left the city YOU
got a reputation for yourself now
Everybody knows and I feel left out
Man you got me down, you got me stressed out...

Reactions: 6 users
Think it's safe to say that the calls have stopped rolling in tonight

so basically if we don't get a call before the portal updates we are waitlisted/rejected (unless you are on of the rare people who get in without a call)

:( Haven't heard anything. Interviewed with Dr. Quest.

:( Haven't heard anything. Interviewed with Dr. Quest.

so did i

images%5C22_DrParapower.jpg

so nobody heard anything from Dr. Turner? Do you think that means he hasn't made any calls? Cause that would make me feel better...

Reactions: 1 users
i just got a call from DB! Accepted! They are still going out!

Reactions: 9 users
Still no call from Anne Armstrong-Coben. Just starting to lose hope. O well.

I also interviewed with her and haven't heard. Oh well is right, but maybe a tiny glimmer of hope that she just hasn't done any calls yet ....? teeny tiny?

I too joined just now so that I could say weigh in on this, columbia why do you torture us so

I really hate having to find out this way...calls were probably a nice touch before we had these forums and could all obsess about when/if our interviewer was going to call. Trying to hold out some hope for tomorrow or at least a waitlist I might be able to beg my way off of.

Also, why exactly are we using interviewer initials? I feel like I'm missing something (But shoutout to anyone waiting for DD because I'm praying he's just taking his time)

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call around 6pm!

Doesn't seem like Armstrong-Coben called anyone either? Unless they aren't on SDN which is possible I suppose!

Got home and there was a missed call from an unknown number at around 5PST. .. anyone know if DB calls from an unknown number?

Has anyone who interviewed with Dr. Puchner gotten a call?

Whelp, here's to at least some finality tomorrow!

Doesn't seem like Armstrong-Coben called anyone either? Unless they aren't on SDN which is possible I suppose!

Haven't gotten a call from Dr. Armstrong-Coben either ... I'm thinking it's possible non of her interviewees got in :/

Also Quest...looking in previous threads nobody seems to have gotten a call from Quest despite several interviewing with him :(

Also Quest...looking in previous threads nobody seems to have gotten a call from Quest despite several interviewing with him :(

he's definitely a busy dude, so i'm not feeling bitter about it

Accepted. Thank you Jesus. Portal updated. Interviewed by Dr. Quest.

Reactions: 5 users