2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the Average Step scores were for 2014 class and the match rate?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long has it taken everyone to hear post interview (approximately)
4 months lol
Yea I interviewed mid-late Nov and still have yet to change from "Your interview has been scheduled...Please watch for updates and allow 8 weeks for a decision." Even if you subtract 3 weeks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years I'm already 9-weeks post interview and haven't even made it to member yet, let alone committee or decision. Called on monday of 11th week (8 if you remove holidays) to ask if there's any idea of when I should expect a status change [knowing that others ITT interviewed well after me, made it through the committee and received decisions already]. She said just keep watching the portal for updates.

So, going on 3 months of post-interview silence. I'm pretty sure that even Congress moves faster than this...

Reactions: 1 users
I got a "final decision" change on the portal last week, but I haven't yet received a letter in the mail. I have a feeling it's a rejection...but can anybody tell me what the acceptance letter looks like? Is it a packet? or just a normal sized envelope?

Same here except the status doesn't have "final" in it. Got the status change two Fridays ago and I've been checking my mailbox everyday hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don't think mine does either actually, I haven't logged into it once since the decision change

I got a "final decision" change on the portal last week, but I haven't yet received a letter in the mail. I have a feeling it's a rejection...but can anybody tell me what the acceptance letter looks like? Is it a packet? or just a normal sized envelope?

Acceptance letter comes in a regular sized envelope along with a ton of other papers; very thick envelope.

Does anyone know if anyone's hold status has changed? My application was put on hold for reevaluation in the spring, but that was last Fall and I haven't heard anything since. Any suggestions? I'm guessing the class is getting full at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
Yea I interviewed mid-late Nov and still have yet to change from "Your interview has been scheduled...Please watch for updates and allow 8 weeks for a decision." Even if you subtract 3 weeks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years I'm already 9-weeks post interview and haven't even made it to member yet, let alone committee or decision. Called on monday of 11th week (8 if you remove holidays) to ask if there's any idea of when I should expect a status change [knowing that others ITT interviewed well after me, made it through the committee and received decisions already]. She said just keep watching the portal for updates.

So, going on 3 months of post-interview silence. I'm pretty sure that even Congress moves faster than this...

I interviewed in September and was finally accepted yesterday, so just try to stay positive!!!! a long wait isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if anyone's hold status has changed? My application was put on hold for reevaluation in the spring, but that was last Fall and I haven't heard anything since. Any suggestions? I'm guessing the class is getting full at this point.

My app still hasn't even changed from the your file is complete and will be reviewed status. So Idk if they're even done reviewing all of the initial application... that or they've just decided to ignore me:rolleyes:

Anyone else in this position?

Members don't see this ad :)
My app still hasn't even changed from the your file is complete and will be reviewed status. So Idk if they're even done reviewing all of the initial application... that or they've just decided to ignore me:rolleyes:

+1

+2. I've been checking my status daily for the last FOUR months since I've been complete...but no change yet. Not sure how to interpret the silence but I'm not hopeful.

+3. I've given up already.

Hey guys I hope all as well. The truth is I believe that very soon not getting an interview invite will be equivalent to rejection. Here is why. Drexel has taken on average 4 months or so after an interview to respond back to applicants on their final decision. Think about the timeline in our case...If we are going to get an interview now theoretically we would not receive a final decision till well into the summer.

That is the most ass-backward logic if have seen in any of the school-specific threads.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys I hope all as well. The truth is I believe that very soon not getting an interview invite will be equivalent to rejection. Here is why. Drexel has taken on average 4 months or so after an interview to respond back to applicants on their final decision. Think about the timeline in our case...If we are going to get an interview now theoretically we would not receive a final decision till well into the summer.

It is not 4 months post-interview for a decision. Things do get backed up through the holidays, and some people take much longer to hear than others for various reasons, but overall the adcom does its best to be timely when they review so many applications (14K+ my year I think, I shudder to think of what it is now) and interview so many people (1200+). People may still get late interview offers, as I imagine there have been some cancellations by those who have secured a spot at programs that they prefer to Drexel. Please don't try to spread this kind of hysteria.

Eventually not getting an interview invitation will be a rejection, surely, as interviews finish up for the year, but it's NOT because of the reason you state. Given the size of our class, anyone interviewing at any part of the year should have an equally good chance of acceptance, especially as applicants make their final decisions about which school to matriculate at.

You can take this with a grain of salt if you want, as I am not on the adcom, but knowing people who are and as someone with an interest in the process, I think I am fairly on the mark.

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER EARLIER TODAY. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reactions: 11 users
That is the most ass-backward logic if have seen in any of the school-specific threads.
It is a well known fact that the earlier you interview the better chance you have of getting an acceptance. Drexel interviews on a rolling basis!

But you seem to lack logic all together my friend. Clearly you do not know the difference between a random selective review process and a rolling admission process.

It is not 4 months post-interview for a decision. Things do get backed up through the holidays, and some people take much longer to hear than others for various reasons, but overall the adcom does its best to be timely when they review so many applications (14K+ my year I think, I shudder to think of what it is now) and interview so many people (1200+). People may still get late interview offers, as I imagine there have been some cancellations by those who have secured a spot at programs that they prefer to Drexel. Please don't try to spread this kind of hysteria.

Eventually not getting an interview invitation will be a rejection, surely, as interviews finish up for the year, but it's NOT because of the reason you state. Given the size of our class, anyone interviewing at any part of the year should have an equally good chance of acceptance, especially as applicants make their final decisions about which school to matriculate at.

You can take this with a grain of salt if you want, as I am not on the adcom, but knowing people who are and as someone with an interest in the process, I think I am fairly on the mark.
Drexel makes decisions on applicants post interview not solely based upon those that were with you on interview day, but also based upon those that interviewed later or earlier than you and add on to that the people on the wait list who they find to be more competent than us at this point since it's so late in the game. NOT RECEIVING AN INTERVIEW WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IS EQUIVALENT TO A REJECTION. DREXEL WILL NOT REJECT YOU BY EMAIL.

Drexel makes decisions on applicants post interview not solely based upon those that were with you on interview day, but also based upon those that interviewed later or earlier than you and add on to that the people on the wait list who they find to be more competent than us at this point since it's so late in the game. NOT RECEIVING AN INTERVIEW WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IS EQUIVALENT TO A REJECTION. DREXEL WILL NOT REJECT YOU BY EMAIL.

Dude, stop freaking out.

Your second sentence is correct, simply because interviews will be over. Which is exactly what I said in the previous post. What I think you're worrying over is a "silent" rejection, which is what happens with many schools.

That first sentence is still ridiculous - I am sure there are some comparative decisions that are made, but your performance on your interview day really is a main factor in acceptance/waitlist/rejection. Not everyone else's. We have such a big class, that students who are interviewing now can still receive straight out acceptances.

Reactions: 3 users
But you seem to lack logic all together my friend. Clearly you do not know the difference between a random selective review process and a rolling admission process.

No, your impressions of the timeline were asinine and assumes (incorrectly) that they take four months to turn around a decision and that that length of time is inflexible causing a March interview to not receive notification until late summer as if they're incapable of speeding up their process during crunch time.

How many changes does a file status go through? Mine was "No decision is available" for the longest time and it just now changed to "your file is complete and will be reviewed." Just wondering if this signifies something, if anything at all. Thank you

Just received a hold status....is this basically a rejection at this point? Anyone know when last interview dates are at Drexel?

+5. This sucks...

Yeah I don't expect to hear tbh. I'm just curious as to why some people get hold until spring (presumably hold status is a bad thing?), but then some just get nothing. I was under the impression silence was better than hold statuses, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Looking over last years thread that seemed to be the case. Also last year they did pre interview rejection, can't recall if I've seen it in this years thread as well...

Does anyone have extensive information about finishing the 3rd and 4th years at an "all-year" site. I was looking to do this. I'm hoping I can do the entire last two years at one of these sites. Also, the website says we can do 4th year electives at a none Drexel related hospital? Anyone know how this works and what hospitals we are allowed to do this at?

Thanks

Does anyone have extensive information about finishing the 3rd and 4th years at an "all-year" site. I was looking to do this. I'm hoping I can do the entire last two years at one of these sites. Also, the website says we can do 4th year electives at a none Drexel related hospital? Anyone know how this works and what hospitals we are allowed to do this at?

It is definitely possible to do all of third year at an all year site (West Penn/Allegheny in Pittsburgh, Kaiser in Sacramento, York Hospital, etc), fourth year is a bit more tricky as scheduling those rotations may occur outside of our lottery. I can only think of one person who scheduled all of fourth year at one of the all year places.

As at all schools, many of our students choose to do away rotations as auditions in the field they are applying to for residency early in fourth year, applications for aways are made through VSAS or according to the school's directions as well as going through an approval process at Drexel. These are useful if there is a certain residency/geographical area you would really like to match to.

Did you ever check your status page again to see if it said "final"?

It sounds like they dropped the "decision" versus "final decision" this year - waitlists and acceptances have just gotten decisions.

Just got "a decision has been made" status this morning. Interviewed 1/5. Time to stalk my mailbox now, haha.

Reactions: 3 users
My status changed to "under review by committee member." It's only been... oh I don't know.. SINCE DECEMBER FIRST!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interviewing this Thursday?

This. I understand that being on hold gives you pretty low chances of an II especially at this point, but has anyone on hold heard anything at all? Are they not going to look at the holds until March?

This. I understand that being on hold gives you pretty low chances of an II especially at this point, but has anyone on hold heard anything at all? Are they not going to look at the holds until March?
I'd almost rather a rejection at this point so I can officially cut my losses.