2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd almost rather a rejection at this point so I can officially cut my losses.

Same. It's like a break up I am not getting closure from.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Same. It's like a break up I am not getting closure from.
Pretty rough breakup. The Internet keeps telling us how many people she/he is involved with that isn't us.

Reactions: 8 users
Does Drexel have a second look day?

We will have "accepted students" day on April 11th where you'll be able to get a glimpse of our PIL and IFM curriculum, hear information about med school, and meet up with classmates, etc. If you are looking for roommates and want to hear more about the area so you can decide where to live, you should definitely go.

Also on April 12th (Sunday), Manayunk will have a food truck festival if anyone is still in the area. Maybe some new students want to venture down there so you can all get to know each other better. I would not recommend parking in Manayunk though.

If anyone has anything that they are really interested in hearing about on that day, send me a PM - I'll let them know - there will students there too if people just have general questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I am curious, were you placed on hold before II?
Nope, not that I know of. However, I stopped checking the portal around December (forgot they didn't update via email). So, It could have been on there??? But the II was via email, luckily.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I am slightly baffled right now. I just got an email stating that my file is complete and that it could take up to three months to review. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe most schools interview into May... Also, I completed my AMCAS on 6/6/14, submitted my secondary on 9/2/14, and my rec letters were in by the end of August, but they haven't even reviewed my application yet?

Reactions: 4 users
So interviewed here today and everything was very chill... So people who have interviews coming up do not freak out!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I am slightly baffled right now. I just got an email stating that my file is complete and that it could take up to three months to review. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe most schools interview into May... Also, I completed my AMCAS on 6/6/14, submitted my secondary on 9/2/14, and my rec letters were in by the end of August, but they haven't even reviewed my application yet?
This comes to prove that my theory was correct. My logic was not "backward" or "asinine" as some have claimed. By this time if you have not gotten an interview you probably won't.

This comes to prove that my theory was correct. My logic was not "backward" or "asinine" as some have claimed. By this time if you have not gotten an interview you probably won't.

No, your logic is still ass-backwards.

First off, this is a form email with a copy-and-pasted response about the application complete status. Given that it's a standard response the timeline mentioned in the email is likely irrelevant.

Second, the issue the poster brought up is isolated to them. The nature, timing, and content of the email is curious but likely has no implications for anyone else. Maybe they had lost and just found the app? Maybe another email was meant to be sent instead? If the email can be taken at face value and its meaning transferred to others then it could imply there are potentially still three months of decisions left.

Finally, this has nothing to do with your incorrect earlier assumption that post-interview decisions take four months and the impact that would have on the II timeline. Four months is still far longer than reality and even if true that number isn't static. As you stated, it is an average, implying there are longer and shorter times a decision can be turned around in.

Overall, this has no impact on your assertions, and the logic with which you arrived at them is still wholly flawed. Give the admissions office a little credit; they know what they're doing. Meanwhile, that email might make it a good idea to follow up with a phone call to the admissions office.

Reactions: 2 users
No, your logic is still ass-backwards.

First off, this is a form email with a copy-and-pasted response about the application complete status. Given that it's a standard response the timeline mentioned in the email is likely irrelevant.

Second, the issue the poster brought up is isolated to them. The nature, timing, and content of the email is curious but likely has no implications for anyone else. Maybe they had lost and just found the app? Maybe another email was meant to be sent instead? If the email can be taken at face value and its meaning transferred to others then it could imply there are potentially still three months of decisions left.

Finally, this has nothing to do with your incorrect earlier assumption that post-interview decisions take four months and the impact that would have on the II timeline. Four months is still far longer than reality and even if true that number isn't static. As you stated, it is an average, implying there are longer and shorter times a decision can be turned around in.

Overall, this has no impact on your assertions, and the logic with which you arrived at them is still wholly flawed. Give the admissions office a little credit; they know what they're doing. Meanwhile, that email might make it a good idea to follow up with a phone call to the admissions office.
You are a troll

It's been about a month since my interview and my status changed that My app will be reviewed shortly!

Reactions: 3 users
I have been decided upon as of this morning. Think my letter will be in my mailbox this afternoon? lol ;) Seriously though, does anyone know when they physically put the letter in the mail after you get the decision made status? I leave for spring break next Friday and I'm really hoping it arrives before then.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been decided upon as of this morning. Think my letter will be in my mailbox this afternoon? lol ;) Seriously though, does anyone know when they physically put the letter in the mail after you get the decision made status? I leave for spring break next Friday and I'm really hoping it arrives before then.

My letter was post marked about 2 days after my status changed on the portal.

Just got an II! Dates were all throughout March, so there are still some others to go out.

Had not been put on hold before hand. I was complete 10/15ish. Lizzy score is upper 70'a

Reactions: 4 users

Just to inform you, no one debated that you are unlikely to get an interview at this point in the cycle. The debate was your statement (paraphrasing here) "drexel takes 4 months post interview and that is why you wont get an interview" as the logic justifying that. You're correct that late in the cycle II's are unlikely, it was the reason that was off. Getting an interview late cycle is unlikely because there simply aren't too many spots left at that point, not because they wouldn't be able to decide on that until summer.

My status changed to "decision" on Mon 2/16, got my waitlist letter today.

ACCEPTEDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Interviewed 1/5 and decision reached on 2/6. Definitely coming here. Good luck to everyone waiting to here back!

Reactions: 9 users
Post-interview rejection today.

Interviewed 1/14, under review 1/27, 2/13 committee, 2/19 reached a decision.

Good luck to everyone waiting on their decisions and everyone still waiting!

I've been waiting 2 weeks for my decision to come in the mail. hopefully it comes soon.

Interview invite this morning. Thought they had forgotten about me :(

Has anyone who has been accepted received financial aid information via e-mail yet? Their deposit confirmation letter says that they should start going out late January and it's the end of February already.

Inteview invite today. I was put on Spring hold first.

Reactions: 10 users
INTERVIEW INVITE YESTERDAY!!!! and there are still a lot of openings in March so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, guys! Is the interview with Drexel pretty relaxed? Also, this late in the game are we basically interviewing for wait list positions? Thanks for your time!

Hey, guys! Is the interview with Drexel pretty relaxed? Also, this late in the game are we basically interviewing for wait list positions? Thanks for your time!

I'd imagine this varies with interviewer, buy my interview was very relaxed and conversational.

Got my decision letter Friday (portal changed roughly 1.5 weeks before); wait list. Bummed but at least it's not a rejection! Good luck everyone.

Got my decision letter Friday (portal changed roughly 1.5 weeks before); wait list. Bummed but at least it's not a rejection! Good luck everyone.
If you wouldn't mind sharing, what was the timeline for you? Interview date, date of portal change and decision date

The student interview isn't really an interview, at least it wasn't for me. We just talked, very relaxed. The faculty interview for me involved seeing patients (pretty interesting ones at that!!) And a little q and a that was a little stressful because he poked holes in all my arguments but it was jokingly so I wasn't sure about that. I guess we'll see in a month or so!

Overall though it's a pretty stress free day, but it's unlike most other interviews as well so don't be surprised!

It was essay-->presentation-->tour (fist med school out of many that let us see the cadaver lab and bodies which was pretty awesome) and then your on your own. As in, I had a while before my interview so I got a coffee and walked around, reloaded at stuff from the tour, then took a shuttle by myself to center city 20 minutes away, got some more coffee, went to my first interview, drove back and had my second.

Despite being this way it was probably my favorite interview all cycle, although I know a few people who were very turned off by it as well that interviewed earlier in the cycle. To each his own I guess.

Good luck!

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what was the timeline for you? Interview date, date of portal change and decision date

Interview 1/5. I'll guesstimate that after about 2 weeks or so status changed to under review by committee member, then 2 weeks or so after that it was under review by the committee, than like 2 weeks after that a decision was made, then letter 1.5 weeks after that. It took 7.5 weeks total from the time of my interview to the time I received my letter.

Has anyone who has been accepted received financial aid information via e-mail yet? Their deposit confirmation letter says that they should start going out late January and it's the end of February already.
I have not maybe someone will email them. Also, I filled out my FASFA already if that helps.

I have not maybe someone will email them. Also, I filled out my FASFA already if that helps.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I submitted my FAFSA way back in January as soon as I completed my taxes. Just wondering when those aid packages would start coming out.

Does Drexel respond to in the area emails at all? Is there even an appropriate address for such emails?

We have a huge class, and some people will have already given up their spots, so please don't assume you are interviewing for a waitlist position.

I got no response. Rude.

They get more applications than the vast majority of schools, so you're talking 15 to 20 k applicants and probably only a few people looking after their admissions email. So you probably can imagine how many emails and annoying questions they get.

Also, we're at the ass end of the admissions cycle with only 2 or 3 weeks left to their interviews, all of which have been given out and extras are only offered when someone cancels. Good luck.

They get more applications than the vast majority of schools, so you're talking 15 to 20 k applicants and probably only a few people looking after their admissions email. So you probably can imagine how many emails and annoying questions they get.

Also, we're at the ass end of the admissions cycle with only 2 or 3 weeks left to their interviews, all of which have been given out and extras are only offered when someone cancels. Good luck.
Mine was sent 2 months ago to them and I received no response. I stopped by when I was actually in the area and was turned away from the school. Doesn't make me want to go there anyway.

Mine was sent 2 months ago to them and I received no response. I stopped by when I was actually in the area and was turned away from the school. Doesn't make me want to go there anyway.

W/o an interview already offered, I feel in the area requests are silly, so it was probably blown off. And the just showing up at the school is really bad form. So there's that.