2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
II today, so happy and excited! dont give up hope!

i dont know where to stay for a hotel... the ramada looks ok and I can get a good deal from priceline but the reviews are bothering me, too many say the hotel is noisy or maintained poorly. can anyone comment on the ramada near the school? i was able to get a deal for the Waukegan ramada because i combined with a flight on priceline but the courtyard marriot is only 79/night for rfu interviewees... any input?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know where to stay for a hotel... the ramada looks ok and I can get a good deal from priceline but the reviews are bothering me, too many say the hotel is noisy or maintained poorly. can anyone comment on the ramada near the school? i was able to get a deal for the Waukegan ramada because i combined with a flight on priceline but the courtyard marriot is only 79/night for rfu interviewees... any input?

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Had you been small pooled before the invite?

sorry i didnt follow SDN etiquette haha... my stats are very generic, OOS, 3.6-3.7, 30-33 mcat balanced, it shows that its not all about the stats and is one of the many reasons i really like the school. yes, i was small pooled in jan.

can anyone comment on the hotel situation? travel like a boss and stay at the courtyard marriot or be economical and stay at ramada? (about $25-30 bucks saved by going to ramada)

Members don't see this ad :)

I stayed at the Ramada in February. I thought it was a pretty nice deal for the...$63 I paid for it. Clean and quiet.

I think the committee met yesterday. Anyone get an email yet? Super nervous

I think the committee met yesterday. Anyone get an email yet? Super nervous

I know it's probably an over analyzation, but when I was waitlisted, it was the Friday of that week, and when I was accepted, it was the Wednesday.

I know it's probably an over analyzation, but when I was waitlisted, it was the Friday of that week, and when I was accepted, it was the Wednesday.

I'm confused... you were only on a wait list for a few days and then got accepted?

No it was a few months (WL in december, Accepted in Feb). But those were the days of the week on which I heard in those months.

Cool. That's good to know. Thanks!

Congrats! I'm still hoping for an interview invite but my hope is dwindling since it's so late in the cycle + I was small pooled in Feb...so they may never get to my application, lol. Oh med school application process, why are you causing me so much stress, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, can anyone who has interviewed offer any insight? How was the interview? Types of questions? Overall environment? Thanks

Hey guys, can anyone who has interviewed offer any insight? How was the interview? Types of questions? Overall environment? Thanks

Super laid back. With one interviewer I talked about soccer the whole time. The other about his wife and kids. Just be polite and outgoing and be able to talk about your application in detail because they might ask about certain components of it.

Super laid back. With one interviewer I talked about soccer the whole time. The other about his wife and kids. Just be polite and outgoing and be able to talk about your application in detail because they might ask about certain components of it.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Can anyone shed some light on how long the tour is and how much walking is involved? I recently had a back injury and just want to make sure I know what I am getting into walking wise :) thanks !

it's probably somewhere on this thread and i apologize if the question is already on here, but can some of the M3s on here tell me where most of the students live in downtown chicago during their 3rd and 4th years

If there are no emails sent by tonight, I'd call on Monday and see what's up

I'm going to call tomorrow. Thanks!

Can anyone shed some light on how long the tour is and how much walking is involved? I recently had a back injury and just want to make sure I know what I am getting into walking wise :) thanks !

It wasn't too long. Everything is located in one building. I believe it was about 45 minutes. That included lunch as well, though

They meet the third Monday of every month. You'd likely hear sometime during the week of march 18th

Hey ahutni. Do you know if they maybe didn't meet last week due to spring break or something? I left a message for Audrey this morning. So antsy haha

Hey ahutni. Do you know if they maybe didn't meet last week due to spring break or something? I left a message for Audrey this morning. So antsy haha

Actually yea that very well may be. I actually tried calling her last week in the early afternoon one day and she didn't answer. And in the past she's always been available during normal business hours so that may be why

Actually yea that very well may be. I actually tried calling her last week in the early afternoon one day and she didn't answer. And in the past she's always been available during normal business hours so that may be why

I see! Maybe they're meeting today :scared:

When do they stop interviewing? I wonder how much time is left for possible II's.

Not sure if they met last week or not.

Last edited:
Just withdrew my application pre-interview here after hearing nothing since being small-pooled 8/27. Good luck to everyone else!

any recent ii's? or is wicked cool on 3.18 the most recent ii?

Last edited:
Anyone else hear anything? Acceptance, rejection, or alternate?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that just the one person posted an acceptance on here today? They usually come in groups, along with alternates/waitlisters. Is that it for this months admission decisions, or should I keep my hopes up for more later this week? Thoughts?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that just the one person posted an acceptance on here today? They usually come in groups, along with alternates/waitlisters. Is that it for this months admission decisions, or should I keep my hopes up for more later this week? Thoughts?

I find it very odd... I hope there isn't just one acceptance from the meeting

it's probably somewhere on this thread and i apologize if the question is already on here, but can some of the M3s on here tell me where most of the students live in downtown chicago during their 3rd and 4th years
I am only an M2, but I know a lot of people are looking at Lincoln Park, Evanston, Arlington Heights, or the South Side. It all depends on which hospitals people want to spend most of their rotations in.

As to the question about walking with a back injury, there is some walking involved, but we can accommodate whatever issues you have. Definitely not something to worry about. In fact, send me a PM and let me know when your interview is and I may be able to set something up personally

There were a handful of acceptances this morning of students in RFU's SMP program

Ah I see... I'm guessing that if I was accepted, I would have gotten an email today. Maybe the rejection/alternate email will come tomorrow heh

Ah I see... I'm guessing that if I was accepted, I would have gotten an email today. Maybe the rejection/alternate email will come tomorrow heh
It seems like the bulk of acceptances for the past few months have been coming on a Wednesday, so maybe there will be more news tomorrow. I'm inclined to believe this, especially with there not being much buzz about any updates from adcom on the board recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.