2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they received over 10K applicants last year and more than 600 were interviewed to fill a class of around 190. I honestly do not understand why they receive so many applicants.

wow I didn't know it was as high as 10k... schools with that many applicants usually interview about 1000 people.. wow. chances are MUCH slimmer than i thought

Members don't see this ad.

Simple answer is that there are a ton of premed students and not many med schools that take OOS applicants seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the Chicago schools get a lot of applications, really. So that's likely a factor as well - even though they're technically North Chicago.

Can someone start the facebook group for accepted students? I would but for some reason its not working!

Just got through primary screening today. I thought for sure they had forgotten about me haha!

I just read through my small pool email again...am I reading this correctly?

The small pool applicants may be called upon to be interviewed at anytime through the month of April? That's amazing. Do they have a very quick turnaround as far as decisions post-interview?

I just read through my small pool email again...am I reading this correctly?

The small pool applicants may be called upon to be interviewed at anytime through the month of April? That's amazing. Do they have a very quick turnaround as far as decisions post-interview?

I interviewed in April last year and was accepted two weeks later. So yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything? I was told they meet monthly to decide on it, but I'm not so sure I believe it. I've been on it since December without a word....

Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything? I was told they meet monthly to decide on it, but I'm not so sure I believe it. I've been on it since December without a word....

Same boat as you. Haven't heard a peep

Been on this baby since October and I've only heard from them in October when I was initially put on it, and then again in December.

By that do you mean you followed the waitlist to alternate list sequence?

Wonder if they met yesterday.. really crossing my fingers about this Waitlist!!

Wonder if they met yesterday.. really crossing my fingers about this Waitlist!!

I hope so! I hope they talk about the alternate list too... But the fact that nobody from the alternate list has heard yet makes me think its a post may 15th kind of thing :(. Good luck getting off that waitlist!!

Just got accepted! A pleasant surprise. :D

For anyone wondering, I interviewed in October and was waitlisted shortly after. Got a December email saying I was now on the alternate list. (No, I don't know the difference between the two.) Just received an acceptance email about 10 minutes ago. My stats can be found in my MDapps.

Just got accepted! A pleasant surprise. :D

For anyone wondering, I interviewed in October and was waitlisted shortly after. Got a December email saying I was now on the alternate list. (No, I don't know the difference between the two.) Just received an acceptance email about 10 minutes ago. My stats can be found in my MDapps.

+1 on all counts (except the MDApps :p)! Super excited! PM me if you want stats/other details.

Accepted here today as well. Same info as the person above, interviewed in October got the wait list email shortly after. In December got the alternate email, accepted today via email around 10am. Congrats to others who were accepted.

ACCEPTED! Talk about a quick decision! I interviewed here last week!

Congratulations to everyone recently accepted.

I got an email a few minutes ago placing me on the alternate list. I interviewed earlier this month. Didn't feel like my interviews went all that well, so I'm actually relieved I didn't get rejected.

I've been following this thread pretty often, but I'm still confused on the difference between "waitlist" and "alternate list". Can anyone clarify? Is one better than the other, or is it sequential in any way?

Congrats again to everyone.

Don't quote me on this, but it seems like the alternate list is above the waitlist. I was first placed on the alternate list after my interview, and never had a notification that I was moved to the waitlist.

Congratulations to everyone recently accepted.

I got an email a few minutes ago placing me on the alternate list. I interviewed earlier this month. Didn't feel like my interviews went all that well, so I'm actually relieved I didn't get rejected.

I've been following this thread pretty often, but I'm still confused on the difference between "waitlist" and "alternate list". Can anyone clarify? Is one better than the other, or is it sequential in any way?

Congrats again to everyone.

I was told during my interview that the wait and alternate list are the exact same thing. They probably have different template emails for different times in the cycle, and revised one with the updated language but not the other.

accepted here today as well. Same info as the person above, interviewed in october got the wait list email shortly after. In december got the alternate email, accepted today via email around 10am. Congrats to others who were accepted.

+1

Congrats to those who were accepted!

I'm still on the alternate list.
However, I am going to withdraw my application today, as I have some other options that suit me better. Sorry that doesn't do much for those who are still waiting, but best of luck!

Accepted as well!!! I was put on the alternate list in October (like a few others who posted). I'm suuuuuuper excited :D!!

Accepted today as well! Interviewed 12/12 (might be wrong date but it was definitely that week) alternate/wait list the following week. Pretty excited, good luck to everyone else!

Yeah congrats everyone! But no new interviews huh? Been in this damn small pool forever.

Hey all. I applied to CMS back in August and just received an email stating that I passed my primary screening. Does that mean anything? Does it mean that I will most likely receive an ii?

I am also from
Chicago and my UG school has a "contract" with RF, just wondering what does the email mean for my application.

Thanks!

Interviewed and placed on alternate list in October. Accepted today as well.

Interviewed way back at the beginning of the cycle and was finally accepted today! As appreciative as I am of the acceptance, I won't be matriculating here so I hope one of you (my fellow SNDers) on the alternate list gets it!

Last edited:
Hey all. I applied to CMS back in August and just received an email stating that I passed my primary screening. Does that mean anything? Does it mean that I will most likely receive an ii?

I am also from
Chicago and my UG school has a "contract" with RF, just wondering what does the email mean for my application.

Thanks!

I think if you pass primary screening, you are in a pool of applicants who may or may not be chosen to interview (small pooled). I was complete in October and have been in primary screening since 11/30, still waiting

I completed the primary screening in November and got small pooled. Got an II a week and a half ago

Status
Not open for further replies.