2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn lol. Was hoping that would have been a yes

You should just call and ask the status of your application or ask when you could expect to hear a decision. I called a few times and the admissions office was always extremely polite and helpful!

You should just call and ask the status of your application or ask when you could expect to hear a decision. I called a few times and the admissions office was always extremely polite and helpful!

Thanks for the tip. She said that I'm waiting on a final decision. I asked if that meant that I have to wait until the April meeting to find out and she said that they meet periodically. So, I think that means I'm on the alternate list until next meeting (?), but I'm not sure

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, still in primary screening. Any chances of still receiving an interview here? Thanks for any input.

So I have a hypothesis for us people still waiting to hear back post–interview. I heard that the people in the post–bac were invited to interview in February. The other two people that were accepted and posted here interviewed in February as well. I think that they may be a month behind on reviewing the interviewers. So, my questions to everyone waiting are:

1.) Did anyone that interviewed in February not hear back yet?
2.) Did anyone that interviewed in March hear back yet?

So I have a hypothesis for us people still waiting to hear back post–interview. I heard that the people in the post–bac were invited to interview in February. The other two people that were accepted and posted here interviewed in February as well. I think that they may be a month behind on reviewing the interviewers. So, my questions to everyone waiting are:

I interviewed Feb 20 and still have not heard anything. Also, the day I interviewed, someone in my interview group told us her friend was accepted that morning so they do seem to be behind.

When I called Audrey on Monday she told me I should hear something this week so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to call again.

I interviewed Feb 20 and still have not heard anything. Also, the day I interviewed, someone in my interview group told us her friend was accepted that morning so they do seem to be behind.

When I called Audrey on Monday she told me I should hear something this week so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to call again.

I see. That makes sense I guess. When I called, she made it seem like they have not reviewed my file after the interview yet. But she said that it doesn't mean that a decision has not been made on my file at this time... So I don't know. I interviewed on 3/4. She told me to wait for an email. Guess ill just be patient haha

Post bac interviews were all completed the month of January.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you, my fellow SNDers!

Members don't see this ad :)
On interview days, most candidates have two interviews, but sometimes if there is a discrepancy the candidate has a third interview. The admissions people assure you that this does not reflect badly on you....has anyone experienced this? If so what was your outcome? Were you granted an ceeptance even after this ? Also to those that withdrew - thanks !

I interviewed at the end of February, and I still haven't heard back from admissions. I called last week and they said we would for sure hear something that week, but I never received an email with an acceptance, rejection, or wait list. I noticed that two other people who interviewed on my day (2/20) received emails notifying them that they are accepted....but I never got any type of notification, good or bad. Anyone else in the same boat? What do we think is going on?

I interviewed at the end of February, and I still haven't heard back from admissions. I called last week and they said we would for sure hear something that week, but I never received an email with an acceptance, rejection, or wait list. I noticed that two other people who interviewed on my day (2/20) received emails notifying them that they are accepted....but I never got any type of notification, good or bad. Anyone else in the same boat? What do we think is going on?

This is just speculation, but I feel that they would have emailed you already if it was a wait list or a rejection. I think that they are behind and haven't reviewed your file post–interview yet

Same boat you're in. I agree that they're probably just behind since only 2 people posted about an acceptance or really just any kind of news. I just hope they're reviewing everyone's file more than once a month now.

I just received an interview invite today for April 22nd.......I had no idea they were still interviewing, when do they make final decisions?

Just got small pooled today. I shouldn't be surprised as I applied on deadline day. I'm probably not going to get an II but I will not lose hope until a formal rejection is given.

does this school actually send out pre-interview rejections?

does this school actually send out pre-interview rejections?

While I'm not positive, I haven't heard of anyone getting one. And last year, when I didn't get in, it was the "sorry the interviewing cycle is over, better luck next year" type email in like April or may I want to say

Can someone tell me what the curriculum is like at RFU? I remember reading somewhere that they changed it to pass/fail? also, how often are exams? is it block scheduling?

It is a systems-based curriculum, switching this fall to pass/fail, with exams currently every 3 weeks (with the addition of occasional anatomy practicals, clinical skills exams, etc)

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Best of luck to those still waiting - hope one of you gets my spot!

Rejected today. Small pooled in August. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

I am a little confused about how things work post interview. It seems that there is a committee meeting once a month, on the third Monday of that month. So does this mean that everyone who has interviewed up until that point gets some sort of a status update after the meeting, it seems they dont, since people on here interviewed in Feb and still haven't heard anything (since Feb there has to have been at least ONE committee meeting).

I am a little confused about how things work post interview. It seems that there is a committee meeting once a month, on the third Monday of that month. So does this mean that everyone who has interviewed up until that point gets some sort of a status update after the meeting, it seems they dont, since people on here interviewed in Feb and still haven't heard anything (since Feb there has to have been at least ONE committee meeting).

Usually, yes, but they are likely behind on reviewing interviewees. At least that's what it sounded like when I called them. I don't think that anyone who interviewed in March was reviewed during March's committee meeting. I think that you will be reviewed at the next meeting (which may be this Monday coming up)

Oh, and to those of you interviewing late, I and several other people interviewed in April and were accepted mere weeks later with no waitlisting. Do not listen to other pre-meds about your chances here. Your chances depend on your statistics, demographics, and performance at the interview and not the date you interview.

Oh, and to those of you interviewing late, I and several other people interviewed in April and were accepted mere weeks later with no waitlisting. Do not listen to other pre-meds about your chances here. Your chances depend on your statistics, demographics, and performance at the interview and not the date you interview.

Thanks for the kind words hahah

Also I know this is pointless at this point, but I don't think the Committee meets on Mondays...all the interview dates for April were on Mondays ...not sure ho the committee can meet on the same day as the interviews are being conducted...just a thought... again, I have no actual backing for this.

Also I know this is pointless at this point, but I don't think the Committee meets on Mondays...all the interview dates for April were on Mondays ...not sure ho the committee can meet on the same day as the interviews are being conducted...just a thought... again, I have no actual backing for this.

Good thought. I did see that most of the acceptances have come on Tuesdays though

why is their website down? hope they finally decided to give it a much needed update

why is their website down? hope they finally decided to give it a much needed update

so my interview is this monday and I'm trying to remember what cab service RFU has a deal with. it was on their website... but the website is down.. can anyone help me? Just need the number of the cab service that i think it is for $45 for a trip from O'Hare to the school.

I think I was small pooled back in December. 32, 3.98, OOS

Has anyone heard anything this month? I interviewed 2/20 and have yet to hear a peep.....

Did anyone get an email this morning about the new match last? Not sure what to make of it.......

Did anyone get an email this morning about the new match last? Not sure what to make of it.......

Ya, I got it too. My heart was racing when I saw "CMS," but it wasn't what I expected haha. Oh man. More waiting!

yeah i got it too... i haven't heard anything from them since being small-pooled like 5 months ago. i assumed i had been silent rejected... is this not the case?

yeah i got it too... i haven't heard anything from them since being small-pooled like 5 months ago. i assumed i had been silent rejected... is this not the case?

Unfortunately, I think that 4/22 is the last interview day and all invites have been sent out, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, I think that 4/22 is the last interview day and all invites have been sent out, but I could be wrong.

lol i got that email as well, made me want to call to see what's up. They said they are still sending invites and will be notifying applicants when the cycle is finished.

lol i got that email as well, made me want to call to see what's up. They said they are still sending invites and will be notifying applicants when the cycle is finished.

Oh cool! Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.