2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did they change to only 1st year pass/fail or first 2 years to pass/fail?

Members don't see this ad.

did they change to only 1st year pass/fail or first 2 years to pass/fail?

I'm assuming its both years for the incoming class...but at the second look day they said it was all still in progress and they were going to see how it went and evaluate for the future

I'm assuming its both years for the incoming class...but at the second look day they said it was all still in progress and they were going to see how it went and evaluate for the future

Both years. However, for you guys, it's unlikely they'll change the system once you come into the school. When you enter medical school, you create an underlying contract (their words) based on the condition of the school when you matriculate. For example, my class, c/o 2016, will not be receiving pass/fail grading because we matriculated when they were still considering the change. They changed the policy 2 weeks after school started (for c/o 2017), and our class is stuck with letter grades for the first 2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the class full? There hasn't been much movement at all here especially for April acceptances

i heard from someone that a person who interviewed ont he 22nd ..who was NOT in the masters program got in ...

I withdrew from here - I hope one of you guys gets my spot!

Also, I checked and the FB group has a 133 people in it...looks like the class is creeping towards full ...

:/

Don't worry about that. A pretty huge chunk of those are M1s, M2s, and M3s. I think they might either outnumber the incoming students or at least come close

Also, I checked and the FB group has a 133 people in it...looks like the class is creeping towards full ...

:/

Yeah, many of the people from that are the rising M2s (and a few rising M3s). We're just trying to make sure you guys have people to turn to if (when?) you panic. Don't use a facebook group to judge fullness of the class. In fact, stop panicking and start making plans for next year if you don't have an acceptance. You can always get out of those commitments if you get in, but the stress you'll place upon yourself if you don't start making plans and getting ready to resubmit AMCAS/retake your MCAT/whatever else you need to do to get yourself in gear for next year will absolutely eat you alive.

Hey guys!
Anyone still looking for a roommate? Male or female is fine.

For any potential reapplicants or future neurotic SDNers viewing this thread, RFU is very nice about giving feedback. Their rejection email told me to call them if I wanted to talk about strengthening my application and so I did. They were very candid about what was going on in my application.

No movement yet. Hmmm. Here's to hoping the committee met today and some were accepted. I got an email from CMS this morning that got me all excited, but it was just an email saying that they received the updated transcripts I sent. Damn lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am kind of in a dilemma. I just got off the waitlist at another school and need to decide within 2 days on which school to attend. I could use some more feedback to help with my decision.

Can any current students please comment some more on what life is like during the 1st two years? How often will you have spare time, and what do you usually do during that time? I hear all the time how the location does not lend itself to much convenience. Someone mentioned how students do take trips to Chicago every now and then. How often is that, and which parts of Chicago do you tend to visit? Also, do you ever have difficulties finding a nice place to study on campus?

Overall, the biggest question(s) I have are simply: Did you find your first 2 years enjoyable? Were you as happy as you could be? Is there anything you feel could have been better if you had gone to another school?

Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to respond.

did anyone else receive this email? i have received no such thing from the admissions office? ugh. this sucks :(

I didn't receive either. I'm guessing it was probably in response to an email mcatbeast sent them

i sent an update in on friday and just received the generic thanks for the update, in response i said thanks and keep please keep me posted if you recieve any information regarding timelines and decisions and got no response...

Hopefully, after that May 15 deadline, more spots opened up.
I haven't heard back from them and I interviewed in March.

Just gotta wait it out .

Just got this email.

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application favorably for admission to The Chicago Medical School. At this time we are reserving a spot for you on our limited waitlist for admission to the Chicago Medical School. As positions become available in the entering class of 2013, your candidacy will be re-evaluated for admission.

You will be notified via email if we can offer you full acceptance. Please be aware that applicants on the wait list may receive notice of offers through the first day of orientation, which is August 7th.

If you would rather not be considered at this time for future acceptance, please let us know so that we can inform the committee. Thank you for your patience throughout this admissions proces

Hopefully its a good sign, who knows in this mysterious process. Interviewed Early March.

+1 sigh....... better than a rejection

When I got that email in December, I think that was probably the loudest I've ever shouted the f word in my life haha. But I got in 3 months later so keep up hope! And make sure to update them and show interest!

i have heard from people who have heard from people that they do send out post interview rejections ...but honestly i don't know if i believe this. i think that post interview people are just eitehr given an acceptance or put on a wait list ..which leads me to believe that there is a hefty wait list... HOWEVER, i did speak with audrey and she said "well the wait list isnt that big " ....

Hello!

I'm a soon to be 3rd year at CMS and for those of you interested in housing...

We are subleasing a 2 BR/ 2 BA at Deer Valley Apartments in Lake Bluff- available July 1st with the option to renew! Super nice apartments and only a 5 minute drive to campus- conveniently close but far enough to get away from the stress of campus :)
Renovated last year so all new appliances and finishes- laundry IN UNIT!

Great for roommates (split layout) or perfect for a couple looking for some extra space! The apartment complex has a beautiful pool and a gym too, I really enjoyed living here. Maintenance is super attentive and I'm slightly OCD (aren't we all) so the apartment is spotless!

PM me for details!

i have heard from people who have heard from people that they do send out post interview rejections ...but honestly i don't know if i believe this. i think that post interview people are just eitehr given an acceptance or put on a wait list ..which leads me to believe that there is a hefty wait list... HOWEVER, i did speak with audrey and she said "well the wait list isnt that big " ....

I also talked to Audrey after I got the email and she didn't give me any info on how many are in the current WL or how many got accepted from last year's WL.

Last edited:
Hey

I'm attending Rosalind Franklin this fall and am looking for a roommate. Let me know if anyone is interested! Good luck everyone!

just wanted to check .... did anyone get an email about an alternate list? i got the "limited waitist" email but in previous months people said alternate list...so i just wanted to check

I spoke with Audrey and she said "there has been wait list movement" but she couldnt tell me much else... has anyone heard of anyone getting off the waitlist recently?

I haven't heard anything. I don't have any friends on the waitlist here

So can we start talking living situations? Any kool dewds looking for a roommate in student housing?

Looks like barely on movement from those on SDN. Giving up hope now

I spoke with Audrey and she said "there has been wait list movement" but she couldnt tell me much else... has anyone heard of anyone getting off the waitlist recently?

I haven't heard anything either. I don't know if she's saying that to make us feel better or 1 or 2 people moved through the waitlist. I'm starting to give up hope each week...:confused:

The last two years there were a couple acceptances from the WL on SDN that came around this week, but I agree I'm giving up hope after this Friday. sigh. #thisispainful

The last two years there were a couple acceptances from the WL on SDN that came around this week, but I agree I'm giving up hope after this Friday. sigh. #thisispainful

I have a buddy who was on the waitlist last year, got a call the week before classes needing to fill a spot - said it was the weekend of Aug 2 or whatever weekend that was - had to turn it down because he was already attending orientation for DMU, but his advice:

- Don't be naive but NEVER GIVE UP! (prepare for the worst, hope for the best - keep submitting anything new: publications, test scores, new LoRs, EC updates... don't know the details of this i.e., if they ACTUALLY are still reviewing or as mentioned before they're just super nice about the whole 'oh sure you can keep submitting materials!' when they've already created a numbered waitlist)

- Answer the phone if 847 calls! (which sucks if you, like me, have Charter for internet who calls with ads from every stinkin area code)

I'm in the same boat, friends... i'm not keeping my hopes up, but I will GLADLY accept a nice surprise.

I have a buddy who was on the waitlist last year, got a call the week before classes needing to fill a spot - said it was the weekend of Aug 2 or whatever weekend that was - had to turn it down because he was already attending orientation for DMU, but his advice:

- Don't be naive but NEVER GIVE UP! (prepare for the worst, hope for the best - keep submitting anything new: publications, test scores, new LoRs, EC updates... don't know the details of this i.e., if they ACTUALLY are still reviewing or as mentioned before they're just super nice about the whole 'oh sure you can keep submitting materials!' when they've already created a numbered waitlist)

- Answer the phone if 847 calls! (which sucks if you, like me, have Charter for internet who calls with ads from every stinkin area code)

I'm in the same boat, friends... i'm not keeping my hopes up, but I will GLADLY accept a nice surprise.

Definitely follow that advice. One of the major functions of any waitlist is to separate the most interested (and likely to attend) from those who likely have acceptances elsewhere. You quite literally have to show them you want to go there, with updates and letters and such

Hi everyone,

Sorry to disrupt the serious talk about admissions, but I was wondering how many people from California are attending (or planning to attend) RFUMS in the Fall?

I just want to know how awesome Chicago will be with my fellow Californians =0.

has anyone heard of any movement at all? studying for the mcat again is slowly killing my soul...

Hi everyone,

Sorry to disrupt the serious talk about admissions, but I was wondering how many people from California are attending (or planning to attend) RFUMS in the Fall?

I just want to know how awesome Chicago will be with my fellow Californians =0.

It's usually a good chunk of the class. When I called to RSVP to the alumni picnic, they asked me if I was calling for the one in Chicago or the one in California if that's any indication haha

Officially giving up hope on this school, I have never seen the forums for this school so quiet in the past. Good luck to whoever still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.