2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the deal with early decision? it says something to the effect of not being able to apply anywhere else...do they really mean that or do they actually mean that if you get in you must go to einstein?

Members don't see this ad.

Any help?

haha..um it's the line after the first paragraph

"Our Secondary Application (which contains a section for applicants applying to the MSTP), can be found here."

and you're supposed to click on the word "here"

Members don't see this ad :)
haha..um it's the line after the first paragraph

"Our Secondary Application (which contains a section for applicants applying to the MSTP), can be found here."

and you're supposed to click on the word "here"
Doh! I kept clicking on Secondary Application on the left-hand side and searching for it there. I feel like an idiot now. :oops:

Thanks heh.

If there are any other reapplicants, did you ROFLYAO at the question "Please list the schools you applied to last year (in 50 words or less)." Why do they care where else you applied to? Shouldn't it only matter whether you applied to THEIR school?

Yeah... I'll give you a fourth of my list with that word limit.

If there are any other reapplicants, did you ROFLYAO at the question "Please list the schools you applied to last year (in 50 words or less)." Why do they care where else you applied to? Shouldn't it only matter whether you applied to THEIR school?

Yeah... I'll give you a fourth of my list with that word limit.

I'm not a reapplicant but I wonder what I would do if I was in your situation. I wouldn't be able to list all of the schools I applied to either. So, do you list the schools that have higher average admission standards? If so, does that make it look like AECOM was a backup? Or do you list schools with lower admission standards? If you do that, does it make them think "well, if THAT school doesn't want him, why should we?"

That's pretty tough...

I didn't realize that question was on the application. You can try something like...

"The list of schools to which I applied will exceed the 50 word limit. I applied to several in (*insert a couple of different states here*). If more specific information is required, please feel free to contact me."

I can't imagine something like that would be held against you, although who knows. You can also try calling the office and asking what to do if you will exceed the word count.

I didn't realize that question was on the application. You can try something like...

"The list of schools to which I applied will exceed the 50 word limit. I applied to several in (*insert a couple of different states here*). If more specific information is required, please feel free to contact me."

I can't imagine something like that would be held against you, although who knows. You can also try calling the office and asking what to do if you will exceed the word count.

The questions asks for the schools you applied to AND how you improved your application. I spent most of the characters explaining how I improved my application -- and listing 7 short named medical schools that I applied to (Like Mayo, Rush, Loyola, ect).

The questions asks for the schools you applied to AND how you improved your application. I spent most of the characters explaining how I improved my application -- and listing 7 short named medical schools that I applied to (Like Mayo, Rush, Loyola, ect).

Ah, I see. Yeah then my take on it would be that the improvements to your application would be the focus of the question. I think you did the right thing by commenting mainly on that. The fact that many people apply to 15+ programs makes this question seem a little hard to answer in the space provided haha. I personally applied to a lot more than 15 so it would be impossible for me to provide a complete answer. I remember the "what other schools..." question being common during interviews at multiple schools.

hey guys, I haven't submitted my primary amcas to Einstein yet because I'm waiting for my MCAT scores right now. I was just wondering if there are any essay questions or short answers on the secondary application that someone could share with me. I just want to get a head start on the secondary in case I decide to go ahead with this application cycle.

Yes. Sorry I forgot to mention that the focus of the question is your IMPROVEMENT and not so much where you applied. I pretty much said that I applied to all the schools in MA (since I'm a resident) and most schools of neighboring states. And then the rest were to explain my improvement, which is what they want to hear anyways.

BUT I thought it was ridiculous they didn't suggest that you use abbreviations for the schools you applied to. It's like they want to challenge you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! First interview, I just ran around my apartment building haha

Haha, this process is pretty frustrating. I had a hard timing focusing on my final yesterday during summer school.

Glad, it is heading well for you. Thanks for the info

I never received a complete email.

I submitted my application July 5th and it says on the secondary website that it was printed out on July 6th. Should I call to verify that it has been completed?

is this the youre complete email?

"You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.

Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Follow the link below to view a printable version of your application."

Nope, Einstein sends a complete e-mail after the receipt e-mail:

"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success."

same here.

weird that I didn't get that... I'm complete everywhere else.

Well depending on how long it has been you may not need to. It took them two weeks to send me that email. I submitted on the 29th and did not get the complete email until the 14th.

oh ok I got the email I pasted on the 12th so Ill wait another week or so before calling them then

Nice, congrats guys! This makes me wish my committee had my letter in already. Hopefully though they will in a few days! That's what they said, anyway.

First interview invite! HOLY **** am so excited. Any advice from current students?

First interview invite! HOLY **** am so excited. Any advice from current students?

OMG Congratulations! When were you "complete"? I'm kinda jealous..well not kinda..very! :p

Good luck!! :) (I'm also quite happy for you!)

Thanks :) I have a graduate committee meeting tmr and just wish i had more time to read up their website happily tonight...

I was complete on July 8th :)

Congrats!! Surprising to see them active so early. I think this is a school where being complete early makes a huge difference. Check out the 2009-2010 thread to see what I mean.

Congrats!! Surprising to see them active so early. I think this is a school where being complete early makes a huge difference. Check out the 2009-2010 thread to see what I mean.

Well, i was complete before her..so now I'm "worried" haha.

Thanks :) I have a graduate committee meeting tmr and just wish i had more time to read up their website happily tonight...

I was complete on July 8th :)

WOW!! CONGRATS!! Wished I had submitted mine earlier, like when I received it over 3 weeks ago. This was one of a few schools that I didn't have any reason to submit later other than laziness. Though I'm sure I probably wouldn't get an invite anyways, but at least I would have felt "I did my best to improve my chance"

Once again, congrats!! Crazy how proactive this school is. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm guessing a near perfect GPA/MCAT. At least then the rest of us wouldn't feel so bad to know we've been so outmatched.

Last edited:
i never got the "complete" email but i submitted in the end of june....

should i call?

i never got the "complete" email but i submitted in the end of june....

should i call?

I would. I got it right away. It could be possible you left out ONE field blank and it wasn't quite complete?

Well, i was complete before her..so now I'm "worried" haha.
Nah, this means nothing. AECOM does somewhat of a random review. I was referring to people who had interviews late in the season.
WOW!! CONGRATS!! Wished I had submitted mine earlier, like when I received it over 3 weeks ago. This was one of a few schools that I didn't have any reason to submit later other than laziness. Though I'm sure I probably wouldn't get an invite anyways, but at least I would have felt "I did my best to improve my chance"

Once again, congrats!! Crazy how proactive this school is. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm guessing a near perfect GPA/MCAT. At least then the rest of us wouldn't feel so bad to know we've been so outmatched.
Don't let this get to your head. I still have not submitted to quite a few schools. As long as you get stuff in first few weeks it's probably "early." Many people from other threads get quick rejections/holds despite being complete the "first day."

interview people what were your stats? I was complete on 7/01! im getting insecure really fast lol

interview people what were your stats? I was complete on 7/01! im getting insecure really fast lol

Just the one poster has an interview and if you view her other posts you can find her stats real quick. They are impressive.

Just the one poster has an interview and if you view her other posts you can find her stats real quick. They are impressive.

Nope if you scroll up there are a few more of us who got interviews. 3.7/32 here.

I called einstein. I sent my application in July 5th and the person who is handling my application just got back from vacation -- everything looks in, she just hasn't marked it complete yet. This might be why some other people who submitted early july hasn't gotten a complete email yet.

Here's hoping for an interview though :xf:

Did those of you who were granted an interview have alot of diversity experience either in your PS or ECs? They seem to want a really diverse school.. and I believe I can contribute to that, I just don't know if my application really highlighted any of this. oh well.

Einstein just called me, checking to see if I was aware that my application was not officially submitted because the payment didn't go through. Apparently the website silently rejected a lot of payments and a bunch of applications are still techincally "unfinished". Everybody go double check!

Does AECOM screen for secondaries? I've been complete for a few days now and haven't heard anything yet, not even an "application received" email.

First interview Invite! Woot!

Wow. Congrats. Been seeing you a lot (i.e. we seem to be applying to the same schools for the most part).

That's a little strange that they haven't sent out any rejection letters yet, and just go straight for interview invites. (of course... I'll be getting a rejection letter before the day is over JUST for saying that).

Grats on the interview invites! I just submitted my primary for this school last night. I guess I'll be waiting awhile for their secondary email now.

Status
Not open for further replies.