2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ditto. Interviewed in October.
Have you contacted admissions? I feel like you would be more than okay to ask for an update, but congrats on 15 acceptances, that's wild!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you contacted admissions? I feel like you would be more than okay to ask for an update, but congrats on 15 acceptances, that's wild!

Yeah, a couple weeks back. No timeline offered. And thanks!

"
EINSTEIN - ROLLING ADMISSIONS
[email protected]
I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has completed its review of your application, and was very impressed with your academic strengths, and your service to your school and community. At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status.

We appreciate how important this status may be to you, and we want to be able to answer your questions, and support you through the remainder of the application process as much as we can.

We are eager to hear how you feel about possibly attending Einstein, and would appreciate your responding directly to this email. In addition, please check the appropriate box on the following webpage: Waiting List | Admissions | MD Program | Education | Albert Einstein College of Medicine

If we do not hear from you by March 14, we may assume that you are no longer interested in Einstein, and will withdraw your name from the list. If you answer, "yes," on the webpage that you would like to hold your place, and then change your mind in the future, you may log back in and change your selection to "no." At that point, you will be removed from further consideration.

If you have any problem logging into the system, please let us know via email at: [email protected] with a cc to [email protected] prior to the two week deadline.

Whatever you decide, it was our pleasure to meet you. We hope that you will attain your goal of attending a school that is well suited for you, and that we will have the opportunity to meet you at some point during your medical career.

Thank you and good luck!
Dean Kerrigan

Noreen Kerrigan, M.P.A.
Associate Dean for Student Admissions
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York l046l

TELEPHONE 718-430-2106
FAX - 718-430-8840
I got this today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would any accepted students mind sharing when the “commit to enroll” deadline for Einstein is?

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting off the regular waitlist? I interviewed in April and was sent the waitlist email (not rolling admissions/HPWL). I sent an LOI to another school but I'm very interested in Einstein and sent them a letter of interest after my interview.

received “Rolling Admissions” e-mail today, interviewed 4/12 !!

Reactions: 3 users
Does everyone who got the email today about continued interest already have acceptances? I'm wondering if Einstein sent that email to HPWL people who selected PTE for another school.
Does this mean that if someone has selected PTE somewhere else Einstein can see it? Still a little confused about the new AAMC policies on this. I know they can't see where applicants hold acceptances/waitlists but can they see if applicants hold at least one? (and therefore if they see an applicant hasn't selected PTE by this point then they know who has not received any acceptances yet?)

"Beginning April 30, medical schools can see detailed information about their accepted and waitlisted applicants as reported to AMCAS. Medical schools can see an applicant’s selection (Plan or Commit) including if they selected another medical school or if no decision has been selected. Medical schools can also see if an applicant has been reported as matriculated by another medical school. Medical schools will know which applicants selected their school but will not see the name of any other medical school selected by an applicant."

I know... it's a lot of words but Einstein can see if someone selected PTE, CTE or nothing. But if they selected nothing but had an acceptance, they will be able to see that the student has been reported as matriculated by another school. At least, that's what I think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted from the HPWL just now!

Does anyone who has gotten off the WL know how soon we will get out finaid package? This is would determine whether or not I accept the offer and the 5 day deadline is stressing me out since it's almost the weekend...

Reactions: 1 users

Does anyone who has gotten off the WL know how soon we will get out finaid package? This is would determine whether or not I accept the offer and the 5 day deadline is stressing me out since it's almost the weekend...
Also just got accepted from HPWL, and got the interest email last week on Thursday!
I am also wondering about the Financial Aid package....

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted from HPWL. Will definitely be attending. Pumped!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Also just got accepted from HPWL, and got the interest email last week on Thursday!
I am also wondering about the Financial Aid package....

Congratulations

As for Financial Aid, I received my initial aid package about 24 hours after filling out and emailing back their questionnaire form.

I was also accepted off the high priority waitlist, but this was back in early April.

I'd guess that you'll be able to see your aid info within the 5 days assuming you send that form in ASAP. There's really nothing complicated on it, it's just basic stuff.

Congratulations

As for Financial Aid, I received my initial aid package about 24 hours after filling out and emailing back their questionnaire form.

I was also accepted off the high priority waitlist, but this was back in early April.

I'd guess that you'll be able to see your aid info within the 5 days assuming you send that form in ASAP. There's really nothing complicated on it, it's just basic stuff.

Does filling out the questionnaire commit you to accepting the offer? Does it make you pay the deposit at the same time? I don't want to accidentally commit before seeing the package haha. Thanks for your reply!

Does filling out the questionnaire commit you to accepting the offer? Does it make you pay the deposit at the same time? I don't want to accidentally commit before seeing the package haha. Thanks for your reply!

Also wondering about this!

Congrats to everyone who got the A! Did you all receive the "still interested" email last week?

congrats to everyone! I'm still on the HPWL kinda bummed I didn't get pulled today but I am happy for those who did

Also wondering about this!

I can't imagine that filling out the form would mean you've committed? As long as it's within the 5 day "waitlist acceptance" period they can't FORCE you to attend... As for deposit, I am not sure since, again, I was accepted before April 30th and knew that my deposit could be refunded if things changed. That being said, the deposit payment was a separate thing from the financial aid questionnaire (different email from different office), so I don't think they are linked.

They might be able to make you an offer without you paying 100 bucks since it's not like they are dealing with 10,000 accepted students right now or anything. I doubt the latest batch was more than a few kids, but that's just a guess.

3 things, Accepted today and have some questions

1. What questionnaire are you talking about?
2. Those accepted today, did you get the background check email already, I haven’t gotten anything yet?
3. When do we get the email about submitting our deposit?

Also got accepted in the wave this morning! Rolling admissions email in march, interested email in april, another interested email last thursday

Reactions: 2 users

2. Those accepted today, did you get the background check email already, I haven’t gotten anything yet?
1. The questionnaire can be found on this link, Overview | Financial Aid | Albert Einstein College of Medicine and to the right there is a form titled "2019-2020 FAQ Einstein Incoming Students" . I think we need to fill this out in addition to FAFSA.
2. I haven't gotten the e-mail from Certiphi either, and I'm a bit nervous cause the e-mail says we need to complete and release report by May 17.
3. You should receive a separate e-mail with a link to submit deposit.
* Also, does anyone know if an OOS student can be considered for IS tuition after the first year?

Those of you who paid the 100$ deposit, does the portal in which you paid it in change at all? I paid but my window timed out for some reason, but I did get an email receipt for the payment.

1. The questionnaire can be found on this link, Overview | Financial Aid | Albert Einstein College of Medicine and to the right there is a form titled "2019-2020 FAQ Einstein Incoming Students" . I think we need to fill this out in addition to FAFSA.
2. I haven't gotten the e-mail from Certiphi either, and I'm a bit nervous cause the e-mail says we need to complete and release report by May 17.
3. You should receive a separate e-mail with a link to submit deposit.
* Also, does anyone know if an OOS student can be considered for IS tuition after the first year?
Einstein is private. Everyone pays the same, so IS vs OOS doesn't matter.

+1 also have not received the background check email

Do the people who got accepted off the HPWL last friday mind sharing when they interviewed and were first waitlisted? Has anyone who was waitlisted in late April or May gotten off? Thanks!

Do the people who got accepted off the HPWL last friday mind sharing when they interviewed and were first waitlisted? Has anyone who was waitlisted in late April or May gotten off? Thanks!

Interviewed Mid March, 2 weeks later got the HPWL email (end of March/early April), still interested email few days after the April 30th deadline, acceptance Friday

Hope that helps

What are the chances of getting in if I got a "regular" waitlist email/ not the HPWL one? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances - besides for letter of intent etc.?

Withdrawing today, great school but they gave me a garbáge financial aid package. Hope the spot goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 4 users
When were you accepted and when did you have all the financial aid forms in?

I was accepted last Friday. I had my FAFSA in beforehand and after acceptance faxed in their finaid questionnaire along with a copy of me and my parents' 2017 tax returns, which I already had on hand. They turned it around pretty quickly!

I also got zero aid and all loans, but I guess a part of me was expecting it.. :( (Same acceptance timeline as above^)

Reactions: 1 users
I also got zero aid and all loans, but I guess a part of me was expecting it.. :( (Same acceptance timeline as above^)

Same and my parents are super broke. I think I literally would’ve had to have had ZERO income to qualify. Still going though.

Anyone get less aid than their demonstrated need? There's about a 20k difference for me, how are we supposed to cover the rest?

yeeted myself from HPWL good luck everyone!

Anyone get less aid than their demonstrated need? There's about a 20k difference for me, how are we supposed to cover the rest?
Do you mean loans? You get up to 42k unsubsidized and the gap left you fill with grad plus loans, which wouldn't be included in your finaid package

Is the waitlist still moving at all?

Has anyone called yet to see if the class is full? The facebook group is at 189 people but I'm not sure how many people are current students :oops:

Has anyone called yet to see if the class is full? The facebook group is at 189 people but I'm not sure how many people are current students :oops:

Current student here. That FB page has a LOT of us in it. That said, I would assume the class is full at this point, and waitlist movement will be as needed as people drop their acceptances for other schools. That's how it worked when I applied anyway (I got in off the waitlist).

Current student here. That FB page has a LOT of us in it. That said, I would assume the class is full at this point, and waitlist movement will be as needed as people drop their acceptances for other schools. That's how it worked when I applied anyway (I got in off the waitlist).
Thank you for the insight! I'm just surprised there has only been one day of acceptances post 4/30. Hopefully there's more coming soon