2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

None

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are no essays for einstein's secondary.

They do ask you for a roughly 50 word statement about:

- why youve recieved a W if you've received one
- what you've done since graduating if you have graduated from college already
- Why you've received an F or a D.. f you've received one

The rest is just filling out personal information.

Good luck everyone! Message me if you ever have any questions about this school :oops:)

Does anyone know if the secondaries for the MD will be different from that of the MD/PhD. I am looking for the MD/PhD prompts.thanks

Good luck everyone! Message me if you ever have any questions about this school :oops:)

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the link for the secondary? Do we have to wait to be invited by email??

Can someone please tell me what distinguishes Albert Einstein from other med schools?

Thanks!

Susan

What is a W?

Just Submitted. Easiest Secondary ever!

I had a question regarding the letters of rec in the secondary application... it only asks for the names of the 3 additional letters of recommendations and not the 2 that MUST be submitted if you don't have an advisory committee at your school. The packet that I have on amcas has lots of additional recommendations. So where do I specify the names of the 2 letters that are required so that they know which ones from the packet to look at?

gaah, its forcing me to get in a photo... I should get on having one taken... lol

I had a question regarding the letters of rec in the secondary application... it only asks for the names of the 3 additional letters of recommendations and not the 2 that MUST be submitted if you don't have an advisory committee at your school. The packet that I have on amcas has lots of additional recommendations. So where do I specify the names of the 2 letters that are required so that they know which ones from the packet to look at?

My thought processs was "because I'm submitting a letter packet from my 'career services office'"...that's all you needed to put, because it does't ask for recommenders list. From the CSO, they know they'll receive a "packet" of letters.

The "optional" part with additional letter writers is for those who don't have any pre-health committees or letter packet services and they have to list all 2 + any additional letter writers..

That's my assumption at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
My thought processs was "because I'm submitting a letter packet from my 'career services office'"...that's all you needed to put, because it does't ask for recommenders list. From the CSO, they know they'll receive a "packet" of letters.

The "optional" part with additional letter writers is for those who don't have any pre-health committees or letter packet services and they have to list all 2 + any additional letter writers..

Yeah that's what I did too. I do have more than the two required recs but since they're in my committee letter, I didn't list any as being additional.

What kind of photo does it need to be? I have a mac, so i can just take like a headshot type thing right from my computer. Does it have to be a passport-type photo??

I put on something semi-nice. Stood against a white-colored wall. Snap. Upload and call it a day.

No need to pay 10 bucks to get someone behind the drug store or post office counter to do it. Some schools do it for security reasons, or to have a reminder of who is who.

Good luck. :luck:

Im confused. I got the link but have no idea how/where the secondary application is?!

Im confused. I got the link but have no idea how/where the secondary application is?!

Click on the link and read the text on the website, it's in there somewhere.

How do you describe something "in detail" with less than 50 words?

How do you describe something "in detail" with less than 50 words?

I'm trying to right now... and it's not working!

So they need to send you your login info....

This Application acknowledgement email just containing a link to the secondary site with no login information is quite a tease....

Yea, same here. It's a trap ;) Well, good luck to you on the rest of the app!

you too! ok I got it down to 49 words... the question about what I did during my year off... basically left out an activity lol couldn't fit it in

you too! ok I got it down to 49 words... the question about what I did during my year off... basically left out an activity lol couldn't fit it in

Good job! You are ahead of me! I am answering the same question, and have quite a few activities. Maybe I will have to follow suit and leave one out :)

I am using a packet from my school office, and have no committee. I put down the three additional names (I have 5 writers total) after reading the bit where they say "we must have two letter sand encourage you to send up to three additional." It was cryptic imo, I submitted today. Should I call the office or let it rest? Hmm

damn i got the "acknowledgement" email this morning, but no secondary yet....

So they need to send you your login info....

This Application acknowledgement email just containing a link to the secondary site with no login information is quite a tease....

You have to click on the secondary link and then create an account, then you can fill out the secondary

Hey all. I'm a reapplicant for medical school -- first time applying to einstein.

1. As a reapplicant they ask me to please list schools that I applied to before. Do you really think I need to list all the schools I applied to (maybe I can just mention like 7 of them)? Why is this really their business? I can def explain what I have done to improve myself... but asking the exact schools I applied to, just weird.
THAT and with a 50 word limit, if I write every school I applied to, over half of my 50 word limit would be used (so when would I explain how I have improved my application)

2. I'm currently in graduate school. Does that mean "I have taken off at least a year since [undergrad] college graduation?"

I'll probably give Einstein a call on Monday but I figured I would hear SDN thoughts first.

Hey all. I'm a reapplicant for medical school -- first time applying to einstein.

1. As a reapplicant they ask me to please list schools that I applied to before. Do you really think I need to list all the schools I applied to (maybe I can just mention like 7 of them)? Why is this really their business? I can def explain what I have done to improve myself... but asking the exact schools I applied to, just weird.
THAT and with a 50 word limit, if I write every school I applied to, over half of my 50 word limit would be used (so when would I explain how I have improved my application)

2. I'm currently in graduate school. Does that mean "I have taken off at least a year since [undergrad] college graduation?"

I'll probably give Einstein a call on Monday but I figured I would hear SDN thoughts first.

Then mention that you attended grad school for that year off after undergrad. Simple no need to delay application.

By the way, I am a reapplicant and I felt the same way. It is none of their business knowing where I applied to. I left out couple of schools to adjust word count. Best I could do. There is no way they could find out anyway.

I'm wondering about the additional LORs as well... my school has a committee letter. I know that he writes a composite letter and then attaches 3 original letters to the composite. I guess I will count these 3 letters as "additional" and not add any more... I'm not sure though

Then mention that you attended grad school for that year off after undergrad. Simple no need to delay application.

By the way, I am a reapplicant and I felt the same way. It is none of their business knowing where I applied to. I left out couple of schools to adjust word count. Best I could do. There is no way they could find out anyway.

Currently a re-applicant, with nothing concrete other than research and volunteering as of yet while re-applying this cycle. Should I wait until I have more plans?

Also, can I just list like 3 schools? I really don't see the point in them knowing where I was rejected from. :confused:

What are the requirements for the school. I ask because they ask if you have completed the requirements and i do not know if I have (I still have 1 yr of college left). THANKS!

I looked all over the website but could not find it.

Just got the official "I'm Complete" e-mail.

Just got the official "I'm Complete" e-mail.

When did you pay them? I paid on Saturday..hopefully they send me one soon! :) Granted, the whole complete thing probably depends on AMCAS LOR (which I've already assigned to all my schoools)...

So...I'm kind've technologically impaired...I put in a picture that I had re-sized with a program online to fit their photo dimensions...but it didn't show up as being there....So I tried to just upload the original photo, and it showed up just fine. Should I submit it with the original photo? I don't know how big the original is...I just took a photo against a white wall with my computer's camera, but I don't want it to look all screwy when they print it.

When did you pay them? I paid on Saturday..hopefully they send me one soon! :) Granted, the whole complete thing probably depends on AMCAS LOR (which I've already assigned to all my schoools)...

I also paid on Saturday. I'm sure you'll get one soon.

Can you please specify what you mean by the official "I'm Complete" e-mail? I got a confirmation e-mail stating I successfully completed the secondary application. Did you receive another e-mail besides this?

Can you please specify what you mean by the official "I'm Complete" e-mail? I got a confirmation e-mail stating I successfully completed the secondary application. Did you receive another e-mail besides this?

Yeah I just got the complete email with subject line "COMPLETED APPLICATION" . It's different from the one that says secondary successfully complete

Yeah I just got the complete email with subject line "COMPLETED APPLICATION" . It's different from the one that says secondary successfully complete

Ah, I see. Thank you. I shall await for this e-mail then.

In the LOE part of the secondary, it asks to select if you are "post-baccalaureate" or "non-post-baccalaureate". Does "post-baccalaureate" include Master's or is it just programs that are specifically called "post-baccalaureate"?

Thanks!

Have they actually streamlined the electronic system so that we don't need to print it out and send it in, as I seem to remember doing last time?

They still sent a printable version, and the secondary page mentions that documents must be postmarked by a certain date, but I didn't see directions to mail it in anywhere... am I wrong in thinking they'll just download the applications?

so i decided to add this school to my list!

Have they actually streamlined the electronic system so that we don't need to print it out and send it in, as I seem to remember doing last time?

They still sent a printable version, and the secondary page mentions that documents must be postmarked by a certain date, but I didn't see directions to mail it in anywhere... am I wrong in thinking they'll just download the applications?

I dont remember seeing anything about mailing in an application..I am sure they wouldve given us a page to do that...It is weird that I have not yet received any Complete emails...guess it must be the whole..alphabet thing.

I dont remember seeing anything about mailing in an application..I am sure they wouldve given us a page to do that...It is weird that I have not yet received any Complete emails...guess it must be the whole..alphabet thing.

I have yet to receive any sort of "I'm complete" e-mail either.

Status
Not open for further replies.