2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like I'll be withdrawing my application. Einstein wants a LOR from professor in dept of your major and I don't have one. The classes I did well in I couldn't relate to the teacher and the classes I liked, I only did so-so. I have two hard sciences LORs and one from a professor of a required class for my major but not actually in the department. This sucks! At least I'll save $100+ on the secondary...anyone thinks it's worth it to call and ask? The requirements are pretty clear though

Members don't see this ad.

just call and ask, sometimes schools aren't so black and white about it

I believe that you have to wait to be invited by email.
Silly question- because the link was up I registered for the application and received a password. I now see that it is not advisable to submit prior to an invitation from the admissions.

I will not fill out the app nor will I send it in until I get an invite but does anyone know if I won't get a secondary invite anymore because my email is already 'registered'?

Members don't see this ad :)
Silly question- because the link was up I registered for the application and received a password. I now see that it is not advisable to submit prior to an invitation from the admissions.

I will not fill out the app nor will I send it in until I get an invite but does anyone know if I won't get a secondary invite anymore because my email is already 'registered'?

I'm a little bit confused...Didn't AECOM send you a link to generate your password and stuff? If you just randomly came across the link and decided to generate a username (which is what I'm assuming you did), you probably weren't supposed to. That being said, I would wait until you're invited by AECOM since they'll send it to you once they receive your AMCAS primary. When were you verified?

With very few exceptions, you shouldn't fill out/submit a secondary without an invitation...One exception I can think of is SUNY Downstate...

I'm a little bit confused...Didn't AECOM send you a link to generate your password and stuff? If you just randomly came across the link and decided to generate a username (which is what I'm assuming you did), you probably weren't supposed to. That being said, I would wait until you're invited by AECOM since they'll send it to you once they receive your AMCAS primary. When were you verified?

With very few exceptions, you shouldn't fill out/submit a secondary without an invitation...One exception I can think of is SUNY Downstate...
The link is from this thread on page 1. The link just requires your email address and then it sends you a temporary password. I wanted to see what the app looked like; I had no intentions of submitting it without an invite.

My concern is that I will be waiting for an invite but their computer systems will have already 'checked' my email address off (or something of that sort).....if anyone knows anything about this or did the same thing please let me know.

OK. So I kinda just realized this and hope I didn't bite myself on the foot with AMCAS or other applications or anything. But Einstein asks if I was previously accepted to a medical school. I did get an acceptance to SGU and just realized yesterday that yes, that counts as an acceptance to medical school. I decided not to go -- though I was all set -- because I got into a master's program (tuition paid) last April and I figured I should give a second shot in trying to get accepted into a US medicals school.

Do you think I need to mention this to Einstein?

OK. So I kinda just realized this and hope I didn't bite myself on the foot with AMCAS or other applications or anything. But Einstein asks if I was previously accepted to a medical school. I did get an acceptance to SGU and just realized yesterday that yes, that counts as an acceptance to medical school. I decided not to go -- though I was all set -- because I got into a master's program (tuition paid) last April and I figured I should give a second shot in trying to get accepted into a US medicals school.

Do you think I need to mention this to Einstein?

Yes.

I had a feeling. Just like -- totally realized this. I guess I don't count SGU as a medical school (well with all the stressing over US acceptances and SGU was so easy) though my parents are still pretty upset I just didn't go there.

Has anyone received a "you're complete" email from AECOM yet?

Has anyone received a "you're complete" email from AECOM yet?

I got a confirmation email for the secondary application saying that I had completed it - they also gave a link to a print-out of the application. Make sure that you actually submitted the application - it doesn't just submit when you pay, you have to submit it on the following page.

Yep I got one on 6/30. Submitted 6/26

Yeah, the copy of my app says submitted 6/26 at a certain time....

"Your application was already submitted" is what shows up when I log in.

Weird...Maybe my LOR havent been received by them or something...I guess I'll continue waiting?

I got this email a while ago:
"You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine."

The email i was referring in my original post is the one that specifically says that they've received all the materials blah blah blah and are "complete"...I wonder why mines taking a while..

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My email had the subject heading: APPLICATION COMPLETE

Body:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

Body:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.

Hmm, I guess I'll wait...since I'm sure a handful of us have not yet received it. Thanks for posting this email so I know what to look for!

Anyone else in my boat? My AMCAS LOR are in at other schools..so I doubt it's the LOR holding me back. Mind if I ask where you're from though? I'm in CA and so was the other person that did not receive the email..maybe they've got a "system" going...

Dude I wouldn't worry if I were you. You got a LOR request from Mayo right? I'm SURE it's just a mass of apps holding your complete email back.

Dude I wouldn't worry if I were you. You got a LOR request from Mayo right? I'm SURE it's just a mass of apps holding your complete email back.

Haha. That was my guess..sorry if I began to sound like a neurotic premed :p (Edit: Sorry FOR becoming neurotic lol)

I'm up at my brother's office and I'm just bored...I don't want ot work on the Rush secondary lol...and I sent the others off this morning. I deserve a break :p

I received this email today and am not sure what to make of it. I may call them tomorrow. Let me know if anyone else has see this:

email subject:

EINSTEIN-TRANSCRIPTS COMPLETE

Body:

This email comes to notify you that we are in receipt of all your transcripts. Thank you.

We look forward to seeing you in August.

Body:

I received the quoted e-mail today.

I received this email today and am not sure what to make of it. I may call them tomorrow. Let me know if anyone else has see this:

email subject:

Body:

This email comes to notify you that we are in receipt of all your transcripts. Thank you.

I have yet to receive this e-mail. It seems like a good thing though - they want to see you in August!

i am from CA, and i still haven't received a completion notice from them either..

my LORs are all in with AMCAS, submitted 2nd app on 6/26

waiting is a pain

email subject:

Body:

Doesn't that email sound a lot like one they would send to matriculants after they verify transcripts?

I received the quoted e-mail today.

I have yet to receive this e-mail. It seems like a good thing though - they want to see you in August!

Doesn't that email sound a lot like one they would send to matriculants after they verify transcripts?

True - perhaps he got matriculated without an interview due to an awesome application? :D

True - perhaps he got matriculated without an interview due to an awesome application? :D

Don't I wish?! Just called them... They meant to send me the complete email but somehow it got mixed up. Good to know, now we hurry up and wait.

To bring closure to my posts yesterday, I received the complete email today..as x3R posted (the former, not the latter)...the latter email was probably just a mistake...as in, matriculants are required to send in their X-scripts..and I guess they just made an error in sending out the wrong email lol.

Is there a way to check the status of our application on line?

- what you've done since graduating if you have graduated from college already

For this question are they referring to anyone who has graduated college? I just graduated in May. Do they really want to know what I have done in June and July or is this question more directed towards the people who have graduated for a few years?

do you think it's the worst thing ever if i just submit a nonprofessional photo for einstein? does it have to have a white background?

- what you've done since graduating if you have graduated from college already

For this question are they referring to anyone who has graduated college? I just graduated in May. Do they really want to know what I have done in June and July or is this question more directed towards the people who have graduated for a few years?

I think you can click yes to the one below it.. the one that says : i plan to take off this year while i apply to med school or something like that. I just graduated in May too and I clicked that one. Someone let me know if i'm wrong!!

do you think it's the worst thing ever if i just submit a nonprofessional photo for einstein? does it have to have a white background?

I don't think it needs to be professional. For my secondary photo, I just took mine in my backyard, and you can see a tree in the background. It's just my personality. I didn't want to stand in front of a white background, but I don't think it matters either way.

I sent out the secondary last Saturday and my LORs have come in over the past week.. and got the complete e-mail today! :)

I sent out the secondary last Saturday and my LORs have come in over the past week.. and got the complete e-mail today! :)

Same here! They are really quick with changing status. I submitted the secondary 6/26 but my letters came in this morning and I was complete a few hours later.

Yikes! Just received an reply from AECOM that one of my letters doesn't have an official letterhead. Is there any way to edit the recommenders entry in AMCAS if I am going to re-submit it via Interfolio? Thanks!

I turned in early, haven't gotten completion email yet.

Hi, I submitted application and within a few minutes I received an automatic email that says "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application. Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Follow the link below to view a printable version of your application." Is this the completion email that you guys talk about, or I shall expect a separate email later? I know that my letters are in place in AMCAS and there isn't anything else missing that I can think of. Thanks!

Hi, I submitted application and within a few minutes I received an automatic email that says "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application. Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Follow the link below to view a printable version of your application." Is this the completion email that you guys talk about, or I shall expect a separate email later? I know that my letters are in place in AMCAS and there isn't anything else missing that I can think of. Thanks!

You should expect an email with the esubject heading "application complete", similar to the one a few posts above. They're really slow with sending those out. I submitted on the 26th of June and only got the compplete email a few days ago. I would say they're swamped since every applicant and his mother probably submitted at the same time on the 26th.

You should expect an email with the esubject heading "application complete", similar to the one a few posts above. They're really slow with sending those out. I submitted on the 26th of June and only got the compplete email a few days ago. I would say they're swamped since every applicant and his mother probably submitted at the same time on the 26th.

Wow, so I just submitted and I am really really late :scared:

Seriously though, thank you for the reply. Will wait for complete email.

For the letter of good standing, can this just be a transcript or is it something else? I couldn't find anything called a letter of good standing that is offered by my school's registrar.

For the letter of good standing, can this just be a transcript or is it something else? I couldn't find anything called a letter of good standing that is offered by my school's registrar.

It's called a dean's letter of good standing. Pre-med advisors often have links on their websites for obtaining one of these from your university. It is only needed if it has been a while since you have graduated. If your university has a search function on its webpage then it would help to search for it there. Cheers

edit: got it taken care of!

Last edited:
If you're below the 10% percentile of accepted students as far as GPA goes, should you even bother applying?

Depends on the reason for your low GPA...if you've got very good reasons for a low GPA, strong MCAT score, and excellent activiites..it may offset your GPA!

If you ahve the money to throw around..then go for it! Never hurts..especially if something about you adds diversity to their class.

Depends on the reason for your low GPA...if you've got very good reasons for a low GPA, strong MCAT score, and excellent activiites..it may offset your GPA!

If you ahve the money to throw around..then go for it! Never hurts..especially if something about you adds diversity to their class.

Ethanol. My first two years I had a 3.1, last two years I had a 3.8. 32R MCAT, not a lot of medical ECs, but some interesting hobbies. I'm strapped for $$ for I dunno which to knock off the list.

Ethanol. My first two years I had a 3.1, last two years I had a 3.8. 32R MCAT, not a lot of medical ECs, but some interesting hobbies. I'm strapped for $$ for I dunno which to knock off the list.

haha it took me a while to understand ETOH. Anyway, if you're "strapped" for cash, apply to a lower-tier school then. however, what's your AMCAS GPA? It sounds like it's somewhere around a 3.5? That's not too low...wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, IMO. your MCAT isn't bad and you obviously showed improvement. If you can provide all of us with your cGPA, sGPA, it'd be easier to give you a more definitive answer.

haha it took me a while to understand ETOH. Anyway, if you're "strapped" for cash, apply to a lower-tier school then. however, what's your AMCAS GPA? It sounds like it's somewhere around a 3.5? That's not too low...wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, IMO. your MCAT isn't bad and you obviously showed improvement. If you can provide all of us with your cGPA, sGPA, it'd be easier to give you a more definitive answer.

3.37 BCPM, 3.5 AO, 3.41 Cum. (3.74 Junior year, 3.80 senior year)

3.37 BCPM, 3.5 AO, 3.41 Cum. (3.74 Junior year, 3.80 senior year)

I think you showed improvement..and that is good, but you will have to explain this trend or in the least, give an amazing "why medicine" type answer in your PS to offset the GPA (or hopefully you did since you already submitted).

Show maturity and a true desire for a career in the medical profession and you should be good to go. Maybe not at AECOM, but somewhere.

I think asyouwereatrio is just praying for you to fall. It's so f-ing pitiful.

I'm not praying for him to fall...I'm trying to advise him on what his application holistically looks like....he's going to need certain "things" about him if he wants to stand out with a low GPA. If he truly does have a sincere desire for this profession, he needs to make sure ADCOMS see that. With that in mind, he can apply to any of the schools within his GPA/MCAT range and go for it...whether that is at AECOM or somewhere else, only his decision to apply will be able to reveal that to us.

I feel really stupid for asking this, but what exactly am I supposed to click on in the link from the acknowledgment email in order to access the secondary? I swear I've searched around everywhere and still can't find anything. :oops:

Hey asyouwereatrio, maybe you should learn the words to your namesake and take a little joke :)

Hahaha...as soon as you mentioned that...I re-read what you wrote and that played in my head lol...you win...sly one :p :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.