2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first interview invite!

woke up at 530am when i got it and i've been jumping around since

congrats! :) when did you submit/were marked complete etc?

hoping einstein will be my first interview invite too!

Members don't see this ad.

I am so jealous! I submitted day one have heard nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary early (6/27), and haven't heard back yet (no "complete" email either, just a "secondary received" email). Issue is, I think I am not yet being reviewed because while I am otherwise complete, I am awaiting a LoR from a PI with whom I'll be working with in the coming year, and has agreed to write in support of me. My school's committee letter is already in.

I listed the letter, however I don't expect it till August-September. Should I email Einstein and ask them to continue with review, or do I have no choice but to wait for the final letters receival? Just seems a bit of a waste of an early app, when everything else is already in hand and good to go.

I submitted on the 20th and still haven't gotten a complete email. Is that usual?

I submitted my secondary early (6/27), and haven't heard back yet (no "complete" email either, just a "secondary received" email). Issue is, I think I am not yet being reviewed because while I am otherwise complete, I am awaiting a LoR from a PI with whom I'll be working with in the coming year, and has agreed to write in support of me. My school's committee letter is already in.

I listed the letter, however I don't expect it till August-September. Should I email Einstein and ask them to continue with review, or do I have no choice but to wait for the final letters receival? Just seems a bit of a waste of an early app, when everything else is already in hand and good to go.

This seems to be more of an update letter. If you listed this on AMCAS, I personally would consider contacting all of your schools to let them know the situation. Your application cannot be considered complete (usually) without all of the LORs that you have stated will be in support of your application. Why not hold off on the letter from the PI until the late fall as an application update?

I was hoping to use the LoR as more of an "update" as you say, but I listed it on AMCAS, as well as the secondary, since I was under the impression that all these types of things had to be listed beforehand. In addition, the PI for this particular letter is at Einstein, and thus the letter will only be sent here. Should I email admissions and inform them to expect the letter at a later time and request my application be considered before its receipt, or am I better off "waiting it out" ?

I was hoping to use the LoR as more of an "update" as you say, but I listed it on AMCAS, as well as the secondary, since I was under the impression that all these types of things had to be listed beforehand. In addition, the PI for this particular letter is at Einstein, and thus the letter will only be sent here. Should I email admissions and inform them to expect the letter at a later time and request my application be considered before its receipt, or am I better off "waiting it out" ?

If this letter is only going to be sent to Einstein, it's really up to you -- you can wait it out, or you could e-mail / call them to request that your application be reviewed now. If your PI will not be able to get the letter into Einstein until mid to late September, I would probably call admissions to request that I be reviewed now. Especially since your application was submitted in June. Good luck!

Application is finally complete! Submitted 7/5.

They must be sick of people like me calling:
"If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder."

Application is finally complete! Submitted 7/5.

They must be sick of people like me calling:
"If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder."

I submitted 7/15. If we take the exponential increase of wait time into account, I would not be complete for another 2 weeks or so. :(. I SOO regret not submitting this the day I got it.

Interview invite today, completed 7/20. OOS 3.7 gpa 35 mcat

Interview invite today, completed 7/20. OOS 3.7 gpa 35 mcat

WOW. Congrats!!! You have really good stats so not a surprise. Good luck at the interview.

It's astonishing how they can evaluate an applicant in ~10 days (less if you subtract the weekends).

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, still waiting on this school's secondary. Interviewed here last app. cycle. Pretty cool place...come on Einstein, send me your secondary already...

Does Einstein give majority of its interviews in the beginning or is it more spread out? I know they are on rolling admissions, but schools differ in terms of how generous they are in the beginning.

I just got an interview here!
3.84, 32R (3rd mcat attempt), marked complete on 7/27

SO EXCITED!

I just got an interview here!
3.84, 32R (3rd mcat attempt), marked complete on 7/27

SO EXCITED!

congrats!! that's exciting. I'm marked complete on 7/27 too....hope an invitation comes my way soon too :D :xf:

and sorry you had to do 3 mcats :| that sounds god awful. but clearly it was worth your time with an interview already!

Typically how long has it been taking to get a complete and in review email? I submitted this secondary on 7/16...have most people who submitted around then been completed???

Typically how long has it been taking to get a complete and in review email? I submitted this secondary on 7/16...have most people who submitted around then been completed???

It took me about 10 days, and I submitted on the 26th of June...so you should probably get complete email within another week or at the latest, two more weeks from now. Anticipate delays due to the larger volume of apps at this time.

Just got an interview invite as well...found out at work just as my boss was walking in lol. Complete 7/22, 34P/3.7, OOS

It took 24 days for me to be marked complete.

congrats to those invited to an interview! :thumbup:

I submitted this application the first day it came out early in January.. and sitll haven't been marked complete?

8 months? That's gotta be a record. :p

I just emailed them about a host. I'm def going to use it if it's available.

what is a student host- is that when you can follow around a medical student and sleep with them? hahaha i mean like live with them. you know. how do you go about getting one?

It took me 10 days for the Complete e-mail and 10 days for an invite.

what is a student host- is that when you can follow around a medical student and sleep with them? hahaha i mean like live with them. you know. how do you go about getting one?

Look at one of your emails from AECOM...I think it Interview Invitation email...There's a link to a page with some information about whom to email asking for a stayover.

PS: Sleep with them only if they're single and hot...

Look at one of your emails from AECOM...I think it Interview Invitation email...There's a link to a page with some information about whom to email asking for a stayover.

PS: Sleep with them only if they're single and hot...

The single part is optional :)

lol this thread is about to start spiraling downward

haha, not pointing fingers or anything but you started it.

:thumbup:

He did bring up the whole "living with them and sleeping with them"--poor choice of words, but definitely a good source of humour! :p

Interview invite!!! totally unexpected!!! =) =)

Interview invite today! :soexcited:

Complete 8/2, nontrad 3.3/34Q

:luck: everybody. Hope to see y'all there!

congrats!! that's exciting. I'm marked complete on 7/27 too....hope an invitation comes my way soon too :D :xf:

and sorry you had to do 3 mcats :| that sounds god awful. but clearly it was worth your time with an interview already!

Thanks hopefully one is on the way to you! :)

Doing MCAT 3 times was terrible, but it had to be done! Stay positive and keep working hard. :)

When you guys say your app was complete, what do you mean? When I check the status, all it provides me with is a printout screen of my submitted app and a date on which I submitted.

Is there another link to check status?

does any one know if they do these in order? Im really worried I got shut out of interviews..

I received an email from them on 8/2. I don't think there is a way to check status online.
:luck:

I received an email from them on 8/2. I don't think there is a way to check status online.
:luck:

when did you actually submit your secondary though? I called today and they told me it takes around 2 weeks to be marked complete once everything is received...

I submitted my secondary on 6/29, but my committee letter was not submitted to amcas until 7/30

Wow. Congrats. Interview ONE day after you were complete. They must really like you.

They have had everything but my committee letter since 6/29, so they must have looked at my app earlier than waited for my letter.
But I like your theory better :)

Complete 7/19 and still no invite. Sigh. Come on Einstein...

Status
Not open for further replies.