2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Congrats. Been seeing you a lot (i.e. we seem to be applying to the same schools for the most part).

That's a little strange that they haven't sent out any rejection letters yet, and just go straight for interview invites. (of course... I'll be getting a rejection letter before the day is over JUST for saying that).

Haha I agree! Good luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. Congrats. Been seeing you a lot (i.e. we seem to be applying to the same schools for the most part).

That's a little strange that they haven't sent out any rejection letters yet, and just go straight for interview invites. (of course... I'll be getting a rejection letter before the day is over JUST for saying that).
AECOM tends to wait till much later on to send rejections....

wow, i was trying to respond to the interview invite and i ended up making so many typos that i had to send 2 additional emails making changes to the dates. there go my chances... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man I want to hear back from them! I wish there were no weekends for admissions offices :)

Great to see some of you are already getting interviews!! So exciting!! Best of luck to all!

This was the first secondary I received (june 29th!) but I am still not complete because of my Committee Letter. They just started sending those out now. Maybe soon!

I turned in my amcas for this school a couple days ago (I didn't originally apply here when I was verified). I have to wait for the secondary invite, correct?

I know they don't screen, but I figure their site isn't open registration.

I turned in my amcas for this school a couple days ago (I didn't originally apply here when I was verified). I have to wait for the secondary invite, correct?

I know they don't screen, but I figure their site isn't open registration.

Yeah and it took about 3 days to get the secondary after I added the school last week.

Come on Einstein gimme some interview love!

Got the interview invite! Now I guess I need to go shopping for some new interview shoes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the interview invite! Now I guess I need to go shopping for some new interview shoes :)

congrats! i need to buy shoes and a suit...i hope i can find them easily! i dont have too much time to shop for them before my intervieww.

for those who just got invites, how long did you guys have that final complete email for? I Know ive only had mine since last week but im getting ancy haha

Is anyone else able to view their "status" when they log back into the einstein secondary system?

On the left side bar, under Applicant Program, it says:

Once your Secondary application has been submitted, you may check the status by logging in. A new "STATUS" item will appear in the menu. Clicking "STATUS" will allow you to view the status of your application

I submitted on 7/16 and have yet to receive a "completed" email. Also, there is no Status button! Anyone else having this problem?

completed july 12 invited july 23

Completed 07/15. But something tells me that even if I were to receive an Interview Invite, it wouldn't be anytime soon. They probably don't see me as that great of a "fit".

I'm trying to be optimistic and telling myself that schools that like me better happen to be the ones that send out invites later on.

Is anyone else able to view their "status" when they log back into the einstein secondary system?

Once your Secondary application has been submitted, you may check the status by logging in. A new "STATUS" item will appear in the menu. Clicking "STATUS" will allow you to view the status of your application

I submitted on 7/16 and have yet to receive a "completed" email. Also, there is no Status button! Anyone else having this problem?

LOL! I did not even notice this till you pointed it out. I do not see a new "STATUS" item in the menu either.

Really? I got the completed e-mail on 7/15, which is the same day I submitted it.

"You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.

Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Follow the link below to view a printable version of your application"

LOL! I did not even notice this till you pointed it out. I do not see a new "STATUS" item in the menu either.

Same. I received a complete email last week but don't have a "status" button.

I think there is another complete email after the one you receive right after you submit your secondary. I submitted mine around July 2-8 and I still haven't gotten my complete email! Congrats to those who are getting interviews!! I want to go shopping for interview shoes too =)

I think there is another complete email after the one you receive right after you submit your secondary. I submitted mine around July 2-8 and I still haven't gotten my complete email! Congrats to those who are getting interviews!! I want to go shopping for interview shoes too =)

I see. In that case. I haven't received THAT e-mail yet either... but I submitted 07/15, so not that much of a surprise. When people who have gotten interview invites said that they were "complete" on a certain day, I'm guessing that they meant the day they received the "complete" e-mail.

Is this 2nd e-mail after they verify that they received your LoR, payment, etc?? Or it is just whenever they feel like sending it to you?

I see. In that case. I haven't received THAT e-mail yet either... but I submitted 07/15, so not that much of a surprise. When people who have gotten interview invites said that they were "complete" on a certain day, I'm guessing that they meant the day they received the "complete" e-mail.

Is this 2nd e-mail after they verify that they received your LoR, payment, etc?? Or it is just whenever they feel like sending it to you?
As stated above somewhere, I have yet to receive this email. I submitted out 7/5, the website says it was printed out by Einstein on 7/6 but apparently the lady assigned to my application went on vacation and has yet to mark me as complete. I called last thursday and it sounded like everything was received, but no completion yet. I assume the email will tell me that everything in my file has been received.

just to let you guys know this is the email:

"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success."

Seriously guys, if you didn't receive an email, check to see that your payment went through. Mine didn't and I didn't know until someone from Einstein called me.

As stated above somewhere, I have yet to receive this email. I submitted out 7/5, the website says it was printed out by Einstein on 7/6 but apparently the lady assigned to my application went on vacation and has yet to mark me as complete. I called last thursday and it sounded like everything was received, but no completion yet. I assume the email will tell me that everything in my file has been received.

I submitted 7/1 (got the first submitted successfully email) and just yesterday (7/26) got the complete email. I don't know what happened there but the payment definitely went through (showed up on my credit card bill).

So I guess that puts me at the back of the queue for interview invites but whatever, at least it is in officially.

Seriously guys, if you didn't receive an email, check to see that your payment went through. Mine didn't and I didn't know until someone from Einstein called me.
My fee also went through - showing up on my credit card.

catswym -- I don't think you are in the back of the line. You are still infront of me. I don't really think anyone who submitted in July has gotten a complete email yet (until you yesterday), unless I am mistaken (There might be more than one person marking the applications complete and we were unluckily enough to get in the slow pile)

Just wondering Juliedi, roughly where in the alphabet is your last name?
I'm trying to see if my last name theory is correct. LoL.

My last name's at the end of the alphabet. How does that do with your theory?

Complete the first week of July -- So far no news. Based on the invites so far I do not think it is a good sign... Good luck to those of you who have the opportunity to interview here! And for those of you who have not yet received an interview yet -- keep your head up!!

I am disappointed by the lack of "status" button. Gives me nothing to click on to relieve my anxiety.

Submitted over two weeks ago...

I called einstein. I sent my application in July 5th and the person who is handling my application just got back from vacation -- everything looks in, she just hasn't marked it complete yet. This might be why some other people who submitted early july hasn't gotten a complete email yet.

I submitted on July 2 and I just got the "complete" e-mail. Hoping for a chance here!!

interview invite 7/20 submitted 6/27 complete 7/02

had been complete for 3 weeks before getting interview

Last edited:
I called the admissions office to inquire about the "status" item and the individual I spoke to was unaware of the issue we are having. She said she would let the appropriate department know. She was also kind enough to update me on my application: it is currently being screened by the committee.

I also contacted admissions today and received no valuable information. "It will get reviewed when it gets reviewed". lol

Submitted 7/5. waiting for completion email.

I also contacted admissions today and received no valuable information. "It will get reviewed when it gets reviewed". lol

Submitted 7/5. waiting for completion email.

that's strange. I contacted admissions yesterday just to ask if the website's "status" button was going to be put there or not, and the lady said "hold on I'll just complete your application while you're on the phone." asked me some quick questions like were my parents alum/grads of einstein, am I a US citizen, etc. and then signed me off and I got the complete email within a minute of hanging up. she was super nice and said "hopefully you'll hear back some good news from us soon!"

maybe later on she got tired of people doing that haha. or you got someone else!

submitted 7/16, complete 7/27

that's strange. I contacted admissions yesterday just to ask if the website's "status" button was going to be put there or not, and the lady said "hold on I'll just complete your application while you're on the phone." asked me some quick questions like were my parents alum/grads of einstein, am I a US citizen, etc. and then signed me off and I got the complete email within a minute of hanging up. she was super nice and said "hopefully you'll hear back some good news from us soon!"

maybe later on she got tired of people doing that haha. or you got someone else!

submitted 7/16, complete 7/27

Are you NY resident by any chance? Either that or you just got lucky and got a really nice lady who happens to be in an extra good mood the moment you called her.

Are you NY resident by any chance? Either that or you just got lucky and got a really nice lady who happens to be in an extra good mood the moment you called her.

no...I am new england though, so not too far. guess I was just lucky then! about time I had something good happen....just gotta keep my fingers crossed for an interview now.

Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread, and for the part about the reapp question (explain how you improved your app, and list the schools you applied to), what is the word limit?

The quotes earlier in the thread say 50 words or less, however now there is a limit of 200 words (for those who completed just re-log on to your secondary to see this)

Did the instructions change, or did I not read them correctly?

Advice: stay relaxed and try and have a normal conversation with your interviewer. all of my classmates here reported a generally laid-back interview session so don't be worried about getting grilled on anything. i'm sure there can be exceptions to that but getting worked up or anxious will definitely not help you. My interviewer had just come from working on a really emotional/ethically-challenging case when I had my interview. We spent a lot of time talking about that and she used it as a way to highlight how much more there is to medicine than textbook physiology/pathology facts. I'd have to say it was my most memorable and profound interview.

i think they do shoot for a diverse class here, and they are big on research, global health, community involvement (education, clinic work, etc). There are tons of opportunities for that stuff at Einstein so if that is your bag don't be afraid to show your enthusiasm. They like to find students who really want to be at THIS school. It has a lot to offer and all of my classmates are really happy with their decision.

any other questions feel free to ask

First interview invite! HOLY **** am so excited. Any advice from current students?

Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread, and for the part about the reapp question (explain how you improved your app, and list the schools you applied to), what is the word limit?

The quotes earlier in the thread say 50 words or less, however now there is a limit of 200 words (for those who completed just re-log on to your secondary to see this)

Did the instructions change, or did I not read them correctly?

I clearly remember 50 words limit. Not sure I want to go through the trouble of changing my response at this point, if that is even allowed after submission.

I clearly remember 50 words limit. Not sure I want to go through the trouble of changing my response at this point, if that is even allowed after submission.
All of mine were 50 words also. Maybe when they started reviewing submissions, they decided to up it. Hope it doesn't give people later on an unfair advantage... I was pretty happy with the 50 words though, kept everything short and sweet.

all of mine were 50 words also. Maybe when they started reviewing submissions, they decided to up it. Hope it doesn't give people later on an unfair advantage... i was pretty happy with the 50 words though, kept everything short and sweet.

lol. Exactly!!!

I actually called the admissions office, and they were confused on why I was asking this question (maybe I did not ask clearly)... They said we can add to that question in the body of an email if we wanted to. I am currently considering if I want to send an update or just leave it...

What do you guys think?

I actually called the admissions office, and they were confused on why I was asking this question (maybe I did not ask clearly)... They said we can add to that question in the body of an email if we wanted to. I am currently considering if I want to send an update or just leave it...

What do you guys think?

I would say don't overthink it. If it says 200 characters now, feel free to use them all. They probably just changed it recently after realizing 50 weren't enough for a lot of people.

first interview invite!

woke up at 530am when i got it and i've been jumping around since

Status
Not open for further replies.