2009-2010 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is absolutely blowing up.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to put my two cents in. There were 15 interview dates before the first round of pre-match offers went out, and only 4 interview dates after (11/20-12/17) so I doubt that 100 offers will go just to those interviewees. So it would make sense that others will be considered.

Do the Texas medical schools know which other Texas medical schools that you've already interviewed at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the Texas medical schools know which other Texas medical schools that you've already interviewed at?

I know this has been debated on other threads, but at my interview I asked Filo a related question and he said they do not look at that information because it would be unethical. This was his response to me, so if schools have access to this information (and my experience at another interview would lead me to believe they do) I guess A&M chooses not to look.

anyone know if they are still sending interview invites?

I'm not sure if they are still sending out interview invites, but December 17th (this Thursday) is supposed to be the last interview date. So it's still possible that you might receive a list minute interview invite sometime this week before Thursday.

Just to put my two cents in. There were 15 interview dates before the first round of pre-match offers went out, and only 4 interview dates after (11/20-12/17) so I doubt that 100 offers will go just to those interviewees. So it would make sense that others will be considered.

Yeah, don't worry, the offers that will be sent out on December 21st can for sure include people who interviewed before November 13th, I had this confirmed by Filo himself. The reason being that they want to extend offers to the most qualified candidates...and it's very possible that an interviewee who was not extended an offer on November 16th is ranked higher on their list than most of the applicants who interviewed after November 16th.

Last edited:
So, my status box (that showed I was invited for an interview) vanished the day after I interviewed on the BAMF website. Did this happen to everyone who interviewed?

So, my status box (that showed I was invited for an interview) vanished the day after I interviewed on the BAMF website. Did this happen to everyone who interviewed?

Yep, me too. I doubt it's anything to worry about. Just means you have actually interviewed I'll bet.

Yeah, don't worry, the offers that will be sent out on December 21st can for sure include people who interviewed before November 13th, I had this confirmed by Filo himself.

I can't imagine it would make sense to not include people from earlier dates, doing so would certainly eliminate some people who would have made great doctors. Like I said, I interviewed really early but got in pretty late.

Normally they put up a little poster the week prior to the interviewees showing up with all the interviewee's names and undergrad institutions/majors. Not that it would be confirmation but if one of those posters is up for the 17th interview date it seems pretty unlikely that more invites would go out. I'll check if I go back to campus tomorrow and get back to you about it.

Does anyone know when we can pick our campus/track preferences for A&M?

Does anyone know when we can pick our campus/track preferences for A&M?

I think everyone (including pre-matches I believe) does it midway through Feb, after match day stuff is sorted out :)

Just received a prematch offer via email around 12:50 today. Decision time between A&M and San Antonio.

Members don't see this ad :)
Syndrome,

Congratulations!!!

There will be plenty of jealous people, including me.

When did you interview?

Thanks. I believe I interviewed on October 1st. So there is still hope for those who interviewed prior to the first round of prematch offers that were sent out. I am instate by the way.
Syndrome,

Congratulations!!!

There will be plenty of jealous people, including me.

When did you interview?

did anyone else receive an offer today? I hope that wasn't part of the 2nd "batch". :confused:

I don't think it was 'second batch'. Didn't someone who interviewed just this past Thurs say that Filo said second batch goes out after Dec 17th? Hang tight guys, it'll come.:xf:

Hopefully that acceptance was some sort of an anomaly and not the second batch...only one person said they received an offer, though, so hopefully there is no reason to worry about it yet.:xf:

Just received a prematch offer via email around 12:50 today. Decision time between A&M and San Antonio.

Hahaha, jealous but congrats :) I only interviewed on Thursday, but I really hope to hear something.

That being said, I could have sworn Filo said they weren't giving out anymore offers until after the interviewees on the 17th...

However, that's irrelevant :) You rock! Good job :D

Didn't someone who interviewed just this past Thurs say that Filo said second batch goes out after Dec 17th? Hang tight guys, it'll come.:xf:

Yes. He did say that I thought. :luck:

We're all like a gang of hungry hyenas... pouncing on any acceptance, thinking the herd of acceptances is about to come...

We're all like a gang of hungry hyenas... pouncing on any acceptance, thinking the herd of acceptances is about to come...

It does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one out there constantly checking my email, SDN, email, and SDN 20 times a day!

It does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one out there constantly checking my email, SDN, email, and SDN 20 times a day!

Trust me, you're not. This, my email and facebook when I get really bored (aka run out of things to read here) are the only websites I go to anymore. OMG, an acceptance can't get here soon enough :laugh:

Haha, this could not be more true...

And yeah, I agree, this was not the second batch. I think a few random offers have been going out periodically - I believe Cher25 received one as well after the 11/16 round had already gone out.

I wonder the reasoning behind the seemingly isolated acceptance offers, if any. Thoughts?

Seems to be going on at other Texas schools as well. I think one or two people (that use SDN) have received a pre-match from UTHSCA as well this week.
I really dislike this feeling of combined impending doom and success. I wish right after our interviews a loud buzzer with a bright red light sounded or a melodic chime with a green light lit up, depending on whether you are rejected or accepted. That way I wouldn't be checking my email q15 minutes and stalking this board for every post of hope!

I really dislike this feeling of combined impending doom and success. I wish right after our interviews a loud buzzer with a bright red light sounded or a melodic chime with a green light lit up, depending on whether you are rejected or accepted. That way I wouldn't be checking my email q15 minutes and stalking this board for every post of hope!

It has been said before, but I don't think it can be said enough...don't worry if you haven't or aren't pre-matched. A lot of schools rely heavily on the match, specifically Tech, UTSA, UTH, and I think UTMB has its fair share of matches as well.

*OR UTHSCA for those inclined to chew others out.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

But, be honest, it is much easier to be less neurotic when there is already an acceptance offer in the pocket.

Like doctors telling me don't go into medicine, well, that's a lot easier for them to say as they stand there with their prescription pad in their hand and a stethoscope around their neck.

Having said that, I genuinely appreciate all posters who continue to be positive towards the ones who patiently wait for acceptance number one. It does help. Thanks.

Thank you for the voice of reason.

But, be honest, it is much easier to be less neurotic when there is already an acceptance offer in the pocket.

Like doctors telling me don't go into medicine, well, that's a lot easier for them to say as they stand there with their prescription pad in their hand and a stethoscope around their neck.

Having said that, I genuinely appreciate all posters who continue to be positive towards the ones who patiently wait for acceptance number one. It does help. Thanks.

Waiting for my first acceptance was as excruciating, if not more, than waiting for my MCAT score. So I can't blame anyone at all for being 'neurotic'. I'm rooting for all of you guys!:luck:

Waiting for my first acceptance has been about 100X more excruciating than waiting on my MCAT score. Not sure why- maybe just that it's a much longer time period. And from a logical point of view, I know I should just relax and wait for the match. But the other part of me checks my email like 15 times a day (first drawback of having an iPhone I discovered).

Oh and p.s. I will be at College Station on Thursday to interview.

Does anyone have anything to say about the Round Rock campus? I am sure I'll get more information on Thursday, but it seems like Round Rock would be pretty cool since it's so close to Austin.

Waiting for my first acceptance has been about 100X more excruciating than waiting on my MCAT score. Not sure why- maybe just that it's a much longer time period. And from a logical point of view, I know I should just relax and wait for the match. But the other part of me checks my email like 15 times a day (first drawback of having an iPhone I discovered).

Haha seriously! :laugh:

At least with the MCAT, we knew it'd come out on a specific day, if not a day early... so it was only 2 days of compulsive refreshing.

This is like 1.5 months of it, followed by a month of anxiety before Feb 1!

I love that I'm not the only crazy one... you guys have no idea how happy you all make me, just because I'm not the only crazy in here.

Time to sit back and wait... more... :corny:

Interviewed in August...accepted today.

Will be declining...so the rest of you hang in there--one of you will get my seat!:thumbup::thumbup:

Interviewed in August...accepted today.

Will be declining...so the rest of you hang in there--one of you will get my seat!:thumbup::thumbup:

I will let A&M know that you will be giving me your seat, sound good? LOL.

Anyone that interviewed Post-Nov 16 get an acceptance yet?
I guess they are offering to everyone who interviewed prior to Nov 16th and didn't pre-match when the first batch went out. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyone that interviewed Post-Nov 16 get an acceptance yet?
I guess they are offering to everyone who interviewed prior to Nov 16th and didn't pre-match when the first batch went out. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

From an earlier post, I saw that Cher25 interviewed on 11/19 and received an offer 11/24.

Just spoke with adm today and they said that offers will be sent out before the 23rd (kind of vague) but they wont decide how many until the committee meets.

Just spoke with adm today and they said that offers will be sent out before the 23rd (kind of vague) but they wont decide how many until the committee meets.

On behalf of all of us, and all of our sanity's... thank you for calling :laugh:

Maybe Christmas will come early this year for all of us :luck::luck:

On behalf of all of us, and all of our sanity's... thank you for calling :laugh:

Maybe Christmas will come early this year for all of us :luck::luck:

I've decided to overnight this letter to the Big Guy up North so he can work his magic by the 25th!

Dear Santa,

I 've been a very good boy this year, and what I want this
Christmas more than anythig else is a pre-match offer from A&M!
I know those are hard to come by, but I REALLY would like one, and
would certainly make good use of it!

Your Friend,
Hemotologist

Last edited:
I've decided to overnight this letter to the Big Guy up North so he can work his magic by the 25th!

Dear Santa,

I 've been a very good boy this year, and what I want this
Christmas more than anythig else is a pre-match offer from A&M!
I know those are hard to come by, but I REALLY would like one, and
would certainly make good use of it!

Your Friend,
Hemotologist

:laugh: :thumbup:

Thank you! 18th or 21st sounds good, no?

So, I got my invite Tuesday (4 pm central) before Thanksgiving Break. Therefore, my gut feeling is that maybe we all will:thumbup: get acceptances Dec 22nd at 3:57 pm. However, Dec 21st is my Bday and I am hoping that this is the day, but lets see if my gut feeling is proven wrong. I doubt the 18th since they are interviewing on the 17th and the committee will need some time to sort through those interviewees.

Anyone else want to guess when the 2nd batch of pre-match offers will go out? Good luck to us all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS I am also as neurotic as you all :)

I'm pretty sure that they will be going out on December 21st. That's what admissions told me when I called and asked them. Also, it would make sense, since they meet as a committee on Friday and finish ranking all of the interviewees from that week, for them to put together the final list on Monday then and send it out towards the end of the day (exactly what happened on Monday, November 16th). I do think they send out interviews on Tuesday though (that's when I received mine too). :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that they will be going out on December 21st. That's what admissions told me when I called and asked them. Also, it would make sense, since they meet as a committee on Friday and finish ranking all of the interviewees from that week, for them to put together the final list on Monday then and send it out towards the end of the day (exactly what happened on Monday, November 16th). I do think they send out interviews on Tuesday though (that's when I received mine too). :thumbup:
Fingers crossed, heart burn at maximum.

if i were to put a&m at the top of my ranking now, would that help me get pre-matched in this 2nd batch? do they look at that??

I really need to stop checking this obsessively. This is bad for my health.

Status
Not open for further replies.