2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently interviewed and had written thank you notes to my interviewer, Brooks, and Callahan. Would it seem impatient/pushy to email another letter of interest about a week later if I don't hear back? Please advise me!

you'll hear back soon.
email them again if you have any updates for your file.
good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I agree, they're probably just waiting for your interviewer to show up to an admissions committee meeting before they render a decision, so there's no need for additional letters.

Also, as an aside, have you been to Costa Rica or are from there? I know "Pura Vida" is a popular expression there. I've been lucky enough to visit once, and loved the country.

Thanks. I've been to CR a few times and it's one of my favorite places in the world, the people are just as amazing as the scenery. Pura vida!

i just had the most amazing dream of getting into jmc.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone here waitlisted earlier this year and already accepted?

Last edited:
Still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they send out refusals pre-interview? Ideas of how long the interview season is?

Still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they send out refusals pre-interview? Ideas of how long the interview season is?

i think the interview season is over april 14th, but i'm not 100% on that. i don't know when the last invites go out.

Hey guys, just got an invite from Jefferson! Super excited! Only problem is that it's for next week and I have a test that day...how has everyone's luck been with moving interviews? Thanks!

Hey guys, just got an invite from Jefferson! Super excited! Only problem is that it's for next week and I have a test that day...how has everyone's luck been with moving interviews? Thanks!

Congrats when were you complete?

Pretty good. I rescheduled mine.

Yeah, me too - they were really quite flexible about it.

(For anyone who's interested: complete in late August, just got the invite last week...)

Thanks for the info. What interview dates are left, if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, I was able to change my interview date to the last week of March. FYI: complete sometime late September-ish, but sent an update recently.

Got an e-mail this morning from Dr. Brooks saying she would be happy to discuss my application with me over the phone (sent an update letter about a month and a half ago). Guess my interviewing chances here are done. At least she'll let me know what she thought needed work.

I recently got an invite from here, but I'm debating whether i should attend. Can people that already interviewed here tell me what they really liked about the school.

Got an e-mail this morning from Dr. Brooks saying she would be happy to discuss my application with me over the phone (sent an update letter about a month and a half ago). Guess my interviewing chances here are done. At least she'll let me know what she thought needed work.

neone else get this email response from Dr. Brooks?

can someone pm me a student host list? my interview is next week and I just sent in the confirmation email a couple days ago and I want to start finding a host asap

neone else get this email response from Dr. Brooks?

A friend of mine did ... have you scheduled a phone appointment yet? I'm interested to hear whether it means you still have a chance of getting an interview. :confused:

A friend of mine did ... have you scheduled a phone appointment yet? I'm interested to hear whether it means you still have a chance of getting an interview. :confused:

yea set up for next Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. sounds like maybe I'm just going to find out what I need to improve.

yea set up for next Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. sounds like maybe I'm just going to find out what I need to improve.

Thanks! That's a little disappointing, but I guess it's nice of them to spend the time doing that with people. Good luck.

Anyone know when they're going to stop sending out invitations? I was complete in August and haven't heard annnnnything.

Anyone know when they're going to stop sending out invitations? I was complete in August and haven't heard annnnnything.

try calling their office and letting them know you're really interested in interviewing. and in the same call ask when the last batch of intws may be going out.

Has anyone heard from Dr. Callahan yet today?

haven't heard anything & interviewed last wk...guess i'm either rejected or my interviewer was a no show

haven't heard anything & interviewed last wk...guess i'm either rejected or my interviewer was a no show

I was there last week too. Who did you interview with? I was the only guy from a UNC school if you couldn't guess from the name haha.

i got alternate-listed
was kind of heart-breaking

tough to remember...did you hear anything today?

Nah... but my interviewer told me not to expect to hear anything today. He lives outside of Philly (in Bryn Mawr)... so it may be a while before I hear anything.

Hang in there, i'm sure there is some waitlist movement.

not much though.
they'd have to really like me to accept me
and if they didn't accept me or hp waitlist me
they probably dont really like me.

I sent Jefferson an update letter three days ago and I just got an e-mail stating my application is complete and thaking me for my update.

I hope there will be some waitlist movement soon! I know they are still interviewing.

i wish my interview had run longer than 12 minutes....

feel definite that my interviewer could not have gauged anything special about me

Has anyone accepted to Jeff have a "8" on ANY MCAT section? ...esp Verbal

Is there a place to throw your luggage for the day at the school? I will have to check out of my hotel before my interview.

Is there a place to throw your luggage for the day at the school? I will have to check out of my hotel before my interview.

Some people had a piece of luggage, they let us put those and our jackets in the admissions office, so you should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.