2008-2009 UC Davis Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone.
I interviewed on Dec. 15 and found out yesterday that I am on the wait list. I emailed Ed to ask if it is the policy of UC Davis to rank the list and if so, if we could find our our ranks.
They do rank the wait list but do not tell students what their individual rank is.

Members don't see this ad.

No idea, mine just says "At this time we wish to offer you a position on our wait-list" with no indication regarding where that position is.

Did they respond to your e-mail confirming that you would like to remain on the waitlist? I never got anything back so I'm assuming they received it.

I didn't get an e-mail confirming that I'd like to remain on the waitlist either. Bummer that we don't get to know where we are on the waitlist...

Good luck to those of you still waiting for any word! Keep up your hopes!!

Has anyone been rejected post-February interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. Just wanted to pass on that I heard (from a med student) there is still another adcom mtg planned. I don't know if there will be any more acceptances or just waitlist decisions. Apparently not all decisions have been made yet. Good luck :)

I called the admissions office to see if they would accept a letter of intent, but alas, they said they would not. I wish I could send one to let them know that UCD definitely is my top-choice and that I fully intend on staying on the waitlist in hopes of a future at UCD this fall, but they won't accept any updates. Has anyone tried sending in a letter of intent anyway?

brainlover- At my interview Ed seemed to very much discourage letters of interest/intent, so I personally would not send one.

lizardalinat- Any idea when the meeting will be?

Those of you who were recently waitlisted- Was your status page updated?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, KaiaRose. :)
My status page was not updated.

brainlover- At my interview Ed seemed to very much discourage letters of interest/intent, so I personally would not send one.

lizardalinat- Any idea when the meeting will be?

Those of you who were recently waitlisted- Was your status page updated?

Dead blog these days. You would think May 15th would get busy, I guess nobody is giving up those precious Davis seats.

I dont even know if I am looking for one of these seats. I interviewed on 2-17 and still no news....

interviewed jan. 27 no decision? anyone interview in january still haven't heard anything?

yep. I interviewed Jan 21st with no decision. I wish I knew if the holdup is because I didn't completely fulfill the english requirements (I am taking two english classes this quarter to make up for it).

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Jan 20th and haven't heard anything, so after waiting patiently for 4 months I picked up the phone and made some calls.

I called Ed last Wed and he said that I am "one of the 75 applicants that they are still trying to decide whether to reject or put on the wait list" and that I'll know by May 15th or the end of the month.

The next day I called Terri Hall to ask if I should place a deposit at another school, and she said that my application hasn't even been reviewed by the committee yet. They look at them randomly and some people just get stuck at the end when all of the spots have already been given out. This, of course, frustrates me. She seemed more positive than Ed, but I think we're looking at wait list/reject.

if that's the case for the rest of us who have not heard, then even if we do get placed on the WL it's almost a game over since if they had to decided if to reject or WL, we wont be that high on the WL if we do get placed on the WL ... sad times...

My first post, spurred by good news: this morning, I received a call from Ed, who informed me that I was accepted. I interviewed the first week of March. I've been reading this thread intermittently, so I may have missed some information, but I believe mine might be the first post-February acceptance mentioned here.

As evidenced by this decision, it seems that the admissions committee is slowly making its way through the pile of applications. It's clear, though, that there are still quite a lot of decisions to be made, with ad com meetings scheduled through the first week of June.

I also got the call and was accepted this morning. Interviewed March 3rd. Will not be attending though. I loved the school but will be attending UCLA/Drew. Also, it is a very late response. Hope one of you who really wants it will get it!

Great news! Got the call of glory from Ed this morning!! I have been on cloud 9 ever since. :love::biglove::soexcited: Good luck to everyone-- there is hope yet!!

I got the call this morning as well! I interviewed Feb 4th, called Ed over 3 weeks ago or so asking about my position and told me I was on the waitlist, although I never received an email about it. Regardless, I was ecstatic to hear the news today. Class of 2013 :D
Good luck everyone!

congrats guys!!!

i hope to at least get on the WL.. i haven't even gotten a decision =/

Does anyone have Ed's direct line? I don't want to keep calling admissions office and transfer. Thanks!

I found it. Thanks. I was driving so it was difficult to navigate the web.

Double post sorry.

So I am one of the 60 ppl who they are deciding to wl or reject... Sad times... Good luck to all I hope we all hear some good news.

I found it. Thanks. I was driving so it was difficult to navigate the web.

lol you have some skills driving and browsing the internet at the same time i am impressed.

i haven't called talbo but i'm pretty sure im one of those 60 people. i have discounted uc davis. i am hoping to get into some other schools who are closer to the people i love anyways.

I called Ed today and found out I was waitlisted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :xf:

Mashers: did you get an email about being WL? Are they just putting people on the WL without notifying them???

Urg.

Patience.....patience is a virtue.

Also FYI- A friend of mine who also fell in the "no news" category and interviewed early Jan got accepted a week ago.

Mashers: did you get an email about being WL? Are they just putting people on the WL without notifying them???

Urg.

Patience.....patience is a virtue.

Also FYI- A friend of mine who also fell in the "no news" category and interviewed early Jan got accepted a week ago.

I called and got the info but it sounded like the email was just about to go out.

Just got the WL email, 1 week to respond yes or otherwise they will take you off the list.

Just got rejected off of the waitlist. WTF. I didn't think they could do that so soon. It's still May. Oh well, good luck to the rest of y'all.

Rejected off the waitlist yesterday via email. Good luck to the rest of you.

Interviewed in mid December.
Waitlisted 4/19/09
Accepted from WL 6/1/09 via phone call (will probably be attending)

CyanideDN...just curious what other acceptances are you weighing? ...I got off the waitlist last week....still weighing my options as well....

Well the list keeps getting shorter so i hope no news is good news... anybody have inside knowledge regarding numbers of spots available and number on the list still?

Rejected off the waitlist yesterday via email. Good luck to the rest of you.
I received the rejection email on 5/31 "After careful consideration, we are unable to offer you a position for the class entering in July 2009..." but at 1:00 PM today I received a phone call from Ed and was accepted to the UC Davis class of 2013! I wanted to make sure I had the acceptance in writing and sure enough I just received the email a few minutes ago. So there is movement off the waitlist.

If any of you also received that email it may have been in err. Apparently the rejection email went to applicants, including myself, that were not supposed to be rejected.

I hope this info helps.

I received the rejection email on 5/31 "After careful consideration, we are unable to offer you a position for the class entering in July 2009..." but at 1:00 PM today I received a phone call from Ed and was accepted to the UC Davis class of 2013! I wanted to make sure I had the acceptance in writing and sure enough I just received the email a few minutes ago. So there is movement off the waitlist.

If any of you also received that email it may have been in err. Apparently the rejection email went to applicants, including myself, that were not supposed to be rejected.

I hope this info helps.
Wow! Talk about a roller coaster ride... That makes for a good med school admissions story. Congrats!

Just got off the phone with Ed, he confirmed that I was in fact rejected. Oh well, I had hope for a few minutes.

Spoke with Ed yesterday evening also...for those of us that have had no emails or phone calls we are "still on the waitlist, with no news available at this time". No idea how many spots might be left...this has been by far the most interesting admissions process.

Spoke with Ed yesterday evening also...for those of us that have had no emails or phone calls we are "still on the waitlist, with no news available at this time". No idea how many spots might be left...this has been by far the most interesting admissions process.

Does that also include the people who have not received an initial decision?

Last edited:
Does that also include the people who have not received an initial decision?

WOW.. I had no idea there were still people out there without an initial decision. Seems strange they have gone to the waitlist etc before giving people initial decisions. Yet another mystery in the UC Davis adm process. When did you interview?

WOW.. I had no idea there were still people out there without an initial decision. Seems strange they have gone to the waitlist etc before giving people initial decisions. Yet another mystery in the UC Davis adm process. When did you interview?

I interviewed on 2/20 and I think there are at least two other ppl on here who haven't received a decision yet... sighs =/

Interviewed 2/10. No decision yet. I think I might call tomorrow, but I have pretty much given up all hope.

I interviewed 01/20 and then wait listed 05/21. I don't understand UC Davis at all.

I interviewed end of Jan as well, and I have received/heard nothing. I assume they still haven't gotten to our applications, since that is what Terry Hall assured me when I called May 14th.

I interviewed end of Jan as well, and I have received/heard nothing. I assume they still haven't gotten to our applications, since that is what Terry Hall assured me when I called May 14th.

that seems really strange.. i would probably call again. Especially because you were a jan interview and some time in mid april they said they started going through the apps in order...also because since you called on May 14 they have apparently already started moving people off the waitlist.

the ppl who havent received decision are those, according to Ed (I spoke with him last week), who the committee is deciding whether to place on the WL or reject, and then I proceeded to ask him if that means we will be on the low side of the WL, he said it depends... blah =(

OK....

Interviewed Dec 3
Talked to Ed 3x
Still no decision.... but probably on the WL they say

Is it delusion to keep hanging on for the next 7weeks? As if maybe I will be one of those success storied about getting the phone call after such a ride?

I have wanted to get into Davis soooosososo bad since my interview. This is the most my emotions have ever been jerked around... I mean if Davis was a guy and I went out with him back in Dec and hasn't called since then I think the message might be "they just aren't that into you" Right?

Everyday that goes by it seems more and more apparent that the call will never come.

Status
Not open for further replies.