2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys, the amount of people added in the Facebook group. +23 in the past week. Sad life.
No way!! as of yesterday it was just +1. That means all the new additions were from today :( Yikes

Reactions: 1 user
No way!! as of yesterday it was just +1. That means all the new additions were from today :( Yikes
I think these are last week's waitlisted applicantsss .... How many accepted WL did they accept last year ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang if all the new fb members are from waitlist, then I kinda wish a few of them could post so we can know for sure if they were from the waitlist or not! 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Dang if all the new fb members are from waitlist, then I kinda wish a few of them could post so we can know for sure if they were from the waitlist or not! 😭
A good amount are WL folks (I personally know a couple of them).

There are a couple of people I know who were just added to the Facebook group (and I assume were admitted off the WL) who I'm pretty sure are planning to enroll at other schools

did anyone waitlisted just get a rejection?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email. It's been a fun times guys. for those going to other schools, I hope you all have an amazing life, filled with love and happiness. For us reapplicants, we back on the grind hoes

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the email. It's been a fun times guys. for those going to other schools, I hope you all have an amazing life, filled with love and happiness. For us reapplicants, we back on the grind hoes
Same. I just got the R as well.
Reapplicants we got this 💪 getting to interview at such a great school still means theres something to us

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
did anyone waitlisted just get a rejection?
I just did as well. Actually thankful for it so i can let go and fully commit myself to another school. Good luck to those reapplying. Wishing you all the best of luck!

• Care
Just got the rejection as well earlier today around 10am.
IS (from Sacramento), URM, MCAT 508, 3.6 gpa, 3.3 sgpa, late applicant (August) due to COVID-19, II in January and interviewed early April.

Best of luck to all of the reapplicants!

• Care
Got the R earlier this morning. Huge congrats to those who got accepted and I'm rooting for everyone still on the WL. It was an absolute pleasure slowly losing my mind with y'all over these past few months -- make sure to learn from this experience and grow into a better person because of it. Hopefully we can all look back at this thread in a few years and laugh.

Best of luck with whatever is next 💕

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call! Shocked but excited! Interviewed 1/8. OOS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats guys! I know it’s a long shot but did they happen to mention if there might be more movement?

Congrats guys! I know it’s a long shot but did they happen to mention if there might be more movement?
I am sure there will be a bit more movement, however, they did mention that WL movement is unusually low this cycle for some reason.

I am sure there will be a bit more movement, however, they did mention that WL movement is unusually low this cycle for some reason.
Thanks for the info I was hoping the calls would continue but seems to be a holding pattern for now:/

They accepted my deferral request, hope one of you gets the A soon!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else feel nervous this morning for a possible rejection since they sent out first round of rejections for waitlisted people last Tuesday?

Reactions: 2 users
got the at noon! I am beyond excited! The waitlist is still moving! crossing my finger for all of you

Reactions: 2 users
no they didn't :/
on a different note, since I am reapplying this year , I was curious if having a consultant would be a good option . If someone has any good reference/experience with any professional consultants, please advise.

Withdrawing from the WL, officially committed to my second choice! Congrats to everyone—those accepted to UCD/elsewhere and re-applicants. From the bit that I’ve seen on this thread, I’m confident that you all are going to be amazing doctors, irrespective of where you go! Best of luck, maybe we’ll cross paths in residency! Let’s go on and make an impact!

Any Waitlisters hear anything yet? I'm assuming that since July 1st is typically when WL movement stops, we should be hearing something in the next few day.

Any Waitlisters hear anything yet? I'm assuming that since July 1st is typically when WL movement stops, we should be hearing something in the next few day.
I received an email yesterday saying that their class is full at 133 and most likely they will not be adding additional students.

I received an email yesterday saying that their class is full at 133 and most likely they will not be adding additional students.
Thanks for the update. Now I can move on to reapplying. Best of luck to those reapplying this cycle.

All 3 of those are solid connections and should be mentioned. Also if you have any volunteering with undeserved populations in the area would be important to include.
If I worked in a rural hospital as an EMT but did not volunteer, is that still considered serving underserved communities in rural areas?