2022-2023 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg the wait is literally killing me!! i was hoping we'd find out by this week because Novembers over

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody send updates/know if updates are accepted pre-II? Also any II recently?

Anyone receive any recent IIs or any updates at all? Sounds like interviews are being booked out til February, leaving only a month or two of interviews left :cryi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II today! Finished 8/17. Soonest interview date was 03/20. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!!

Reactions: 2 users
Damn so they already done scheduling for UCI? RIP

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if UCI is rolling admissions, like is it harder to get accepted later as the cycle goes on since there's left spots left or is there a set number of A's per interview?

Acceptance call @ 12:15pm :) interviewed 9/26. And @yz98 , I asked Dr. Osborne and she said a couple of weeks, but she didn’t seem 100% on that
What if we miss the acceptance call, would they call again at a later time? I am little worried.

Hi! Has anyone had experience sending an update letter pre-II. For example if we have a recent poster accepted, would it be appropriate to list that under "Other" or is that "Research/Publications (Citations Only)", the citations bit gives me pause?

Dude I need someone to vouch for me. If they want their class to know how to surf they gotta accept me 😭😭😭
Charlie don’t surf! That would be sick to be closer to trestles and Newport ngl haha

I got an MSTP ii yesterday (yay!) but by the time i logged onto the portal to schedule it (~1hr after receiving email) there were no dates available. I replied to medadmit [at] hs.uci.edu asking if there were any other dates, but has anyone else had this experience or does anyone have any ideas on what I should do instead? Thanks!

Other info: OOS ORM LM 79.6, complete end of August (I actually had to ask for an extension b/c i couldn't get my secondary done in time, so nice to see that they didn't hold that against me)

See man you get it. We got oceanside, trestles, hunington, and Newport. What else would I want.
For real. Surfing is such an outlet. Davis would be cool too though. So close to Tahoe !

What if we miss the acceptance call, would they call again at a later time? I am little worried.
I'm not 100% sure about how UCI does things, but typically if acceptance calls are missed, the dean leaves a voicemail or calls at a later time. Either way, they won't just leave you hanging and never contact you again if you got accepted!

Facts. At least Davis also is close to Ocean Beach, Santa Cruz, and Humbolt. Lots of good waves up north.
Ya dog, a little far but yea Santa Cruz has some tasty waves. I will say ucsd is my number one though. Blacks windnsea will continue to be more than fine for me. Fingers crossed for this interview soon.

Anybody with an early Nov interview still waiting to hear back, or is it just me lol

I'm not 100% sure about how UCI does things, but typically if acceptance calls are missed, the dean leaves a voicemail or calls at a later time. Either way, they won't just leave you hanging and never contact you again if you got accepted!
Thanks for the response. I feel much better now.

Posting this a bit late, but I wanted to share in case it gives another person like me some hope next cycle to shoot their shot. Interviewed in mid-October and got accepted right before Thanksgiving, OOS with no ties and LizzyM = 72. Super stoked since this is one of my top choices : )

Is it valid to call and ask when to expect interview decisions? Interviewed 11/01

How should I go about writing updates for UCI? I'd like to incorporate a few other updates into a nice, cohesive letter but find it difficult with only 500 characters.

Should I submit a separate letter for each update category or just submit one that's like ~100 characters over?

How should I go about writing updates for UCI? I'd like to incorporate a few other updates into a nice, cohesive letter but find it difficult with only 500 characters.

Should I submit a separate letter for each update category or just submit one that's like ~100 characters over?
I would not submit just one. You run the risk of being annoying to the adcom if you submit multiple

A today, received the call about 2 hours ago. Interviewed 12/12

Reactions: 2 users
alternate list today :/ interviewed 11/1. not too bummed out since this was definitely a reach school for me! hoping for fast WL movement in the spring :)

alternate list today :/ interviewed 11/1. not too bummed out since this was definitely a reach school for me! hoping for fast WL movement in the spring :)
Did you receive email that you were placed in Alternate list? How were you informed?

Anyone else been complete since July and still heard nothing back from UCI?
I was complete 7/21 and it's been nothing but silence :(

Last edited: