2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There should be a good amount of movement this week, based off the past 2 years. Could be a call or email.

Members don't see this ad.

If I have a commit to enroll deadline coming up how far in advance do you think I should let admissions know? I'm afraid telling them will motivate them to just give me the R...

If I have a commit to enroll deadline coming up how far in advance do you think I should let admissions know? I'm afraid telling them will motivate them to just give me the R...
When is your CTE deadline? For most schools, it's not until July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Geez that's early. Well I would just wait all the way up until May 30th, and if you still don't hear back from Davis, just commit to the school you are already accepted to.
it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...

it likely will come to that but UC Davis is my top choice school so i feel like I have to at least try...
Try asking the peeps on the huge WL thread. I feel like I saw a similar question asked before and I think some people mentioned emailing, but I don't fully remember.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like you have a lot more to gain from trying than to lose. Whether it works or not, at least you won't be left wondering, "what if I had reached out?" In your position, I would wait out the rest of this week and then, if I still hadn't heard anything, shoot admissions an email early next week to politely inform them of your June 1st CTE deadline, let them know that they are your top choice, thank them for their time, and then... wait/hope! Good luck, rooting for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Do any other waitlist applicants have any spot on their secondary portal that officially states their status is "Waitlist" or something? I only got the email telling me I was placed on the WL back in January.

Do any other waitlist applicants have any spot on their secondary portal that officially states their status is "Waitlist" or something? I only got the email telling me I was placed on the WL back in January.
I do not have any place on my secondary portal that says I am waitlisted. I just got an email saying I was placed on the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than in the message center, my portal doesn't saying anything about being waitlisted either. When I click on the status tab, it just says application is ready.

I don’t have an Admissions Decision tab. I only received a message through the portal stating I was placed on waitlist.

Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.

I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.

I don’t have an Admissions Decision tab. I only received a message through the portal stating I was placed on waitlist.

Someone I know who already got off the waitlist had an Admissions Decision tab stating their waitlist status. I’m a little concerned that means that only those with that tab have a shot at getting off of the waitlist.

I guess there’s not much use to speculating on this tho. It only makes me more sad lol.
I Dont think its really an indication of anything, theyre are plenty who have a tab who aint heard **** lol

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have a tab either. It could just be a difference in the browser also? There's no way of knowing but it's definitely not an indicator of anything

Did the person you know who got off the waitlist post on SDN by any chance that they did? If not then I guess than means at least 3 people have gotten off the WL so far

Did the person you know who got off the waitlist post on SDN by any chance that they did? If not then I guess than means at least 3 people have gotten off the WL so far
anyone know the current count on fakebook? i cant seem to find the group

anyone know the current count on fakebook? i cant seem to find the group
The count is 258 right now. It hasn't increased since May 1 apart from 2 current students being added. They're really delayed on accepting people I think

Keep in mind their graduation commencement is this Saturday 5/22 so they’re likely busy with that this week

Chill Vibing GIF by #sazanimation

reading some of these comments while I'm just vibing with my depression and the fact that I'm reapplying

• Care
Probably a long shot, but has anyone emailed admissions to see if they know if there will be more movement or not? Just curious

Guess no As this week?
Its hard to know but tbh, I find it so hard to believe that there would have been a wave with only a couple of people who are on SDN getting a call you know? Like it could happen, but usually the people on here are the type to fair well ya know? Idk just my opinion. I wish the ad com would provide better communication/information, maybe they are waiting for CTE deadline which is june 1st i think?

WL movement for this school has been very non existent this cycle, with the exception of the couple calls that went out earlier this month. Kinda surprised actually, since previous years' WL movement has been wonderful.

• Sad
WL movement for this school has been very non existent this cycle, with the exception of the couple calls that went out earlier this month. Kinda surprised actually, since previous years' WL movement has been wonderful.
we only really know what has been said on SDN. It may just be that there HAS been movement but that those people aren't posting on SDN.

We're just gonna have to wait it out I guess my buds. Hang in there everyone 💪

We're just gonna have to wait it out I guess my buds. Hang in there everyone 💪
maybe ill try to call their generic number tomorrow to see if anyone answers.... my guess is probably not since they are most likely remote, but might be worth a shot

WL movement goes into July and I imagine the pandemic + MS4 graduation is slowing things down a bit. That being said, we should all be planning to reapply or matriculate to another school and wait for good news in the meantime. I know how demoralizing it is to not hear anything week after week, and it definitely FEELS like the cycle is over but I'm sure there will still be at least a bit more movement -- WL movement has been great for many years and I don't see why this cycle would be any different.

The waitlist plays a scary game and I hope we all come out on top, but don't let it take over you mentally. A 1-2 day break from SDN did wonders for me.

Hope for the best & prepare for the worst :biglove:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
When is the CTE deadline here? Hoping that some real WL movement will start after UCD's CTE deadline.

Last edited:
So I went on the UC Davis Class thread, and there was mention of ranking for the waitlist? I don't see anything on my account... does that mean I'm basically a reject? ughhh my anxiety just went off the roof.... This is my only WL T.T

Update: OOOPS nvm I was on the vet thread T.T im gonna go in my corner and restart my lurking.....

So I went on the UC Davis Class thread, and there was mention of ranking for the waitlist? I don't see anything on my account... does that mean I'm basically a reject? ughhh my anxiety just went off the roof.... This is my only WL T.T

Update: OOOPS nvm I was on the vet thread T.T im gonna go in my corner and restart my lurking.....
Don't worry, you're not alone. I did the exact same thing about a month ago :)

Going to wish the best for all of us until the end!

So idk if anyone has seen the UCSD thread but their admissions stated class was full and waitlist applicants have like a 5% chance for an A. o_O That being said, emailed UCD admissions a few days ago and was told only that waitlist movement has begun. So here's hoping it'll continue! :)

(btw best luck to any UCSD WL peeps that may happen to have read this too!)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Going to wish the best for all of us until the end!

So idk if anyone has seen the UCSD thread but their admissions stated class was full and waitlist applicants have like a 5% chance for an A. o_O That being said, emailed UCD admissions a few days ago and was told only that waitlist movement has begun. So here's hoping it'll continue! :)

(btw best luck to any UCSD WL peeps that may happen to have read this too!)
Kind of disappointing info but thanks for the update regardless. :/

When is the CTE deadline here? Hoping that some real WL movement will start after UCD's CTE deadline.
CTE deadline is July 1 this year, so I would guess WL movement will continue into July. Seems like UCD is on a pretty delayed timeline in general, but particularly this year due to COVID-19. Keep hanging in there!

Did anyone hear from Davis today? Are we all hoping they will call by Wed lol

• Care
You guys, the amount of people added in the Facebook group. +23 in the past week. Sad life.

• Sad