2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys a new member was added to the FB group just now... Guess they started calling

Guys a new member was added to the FB group just now... Guess they started calling
To be honest this is probably someone who was accepted a while back. I think we'd see more than a +1 increase in the FB group if calls were being sent out over the past two weeks (unless they literally only pulled 1 person from the WL which I find hard to believe).

Also it takes a while to join the FB group according to others because only one person is managing it, so this acceptance was either sent out in the beginning of May or it's just a late joiner who was accepted a while back (which is what I believe).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest this is probably someone who was accepted a while back. I think we'd see more than a +1 increase in the FB group if calls were being sent out over the past two weeks (unless they literally only pulled 1 person from the WL which I find hard to believe).

Also it takes a while to join the FB group according to others because only one person is managing it, so this acceptance was either sent out in the beginning of May or it's just a late joiner who was accepted a while back (which is what I believe).
I hope sooo.... I had a freak out session lol

The wait is absolutely excruciating but we're another day closer to knowing!
Stay strong everyone! :)

Reactions: 4 users
FYI, it is a current student.
I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone

• Haha
Looks like someone else joined the FB group. Wonder what that means 😶

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
If you’ve been accepted off the WL please come forward!! We don’t bite 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE CALL BABY IM ****ING CRYING LETS GOOOOOO. I was literally homeless volunteering for the homeless, working 80-100 hours in lab around this time last year. its ****ing amazing

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
JUST GOT THE CALL BABY IM ****ING CRYING LETS GOOOOOO. I was literally homeless volunteering for the homeless, working 80-100 hours in lab around this time last year. its ****ing amazing
YESSS CONGRATS! It’s starting!

• Care
I had no idea they make calls this late. Hopefully now through Friday (and beyond) will be very good for us 🤞🏽

• Care
I had no idea they make calls this late. Hopefully now through Friday (and beyond) will be very good for us 🤞🏽
Yeah I am shocked they are calling this late as well. Usually they call right after lunch

OMG!!!!!! CONGRATSSS!!! SOUNDS LIKE AN EXTREMELY WELL DESERVED ACCEPTANCE. Go treat yourself champ 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

Congrats future doctor.

Congrats!!! And that's amazing work. Sacramento is lucky to have you! If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Just so we can understand how they might be organizing their waitlist and all.

Thanks and congrats again! You're going to be an outstanding doctor!!!

Very well deserved. Congrats to you Doctor.... May we ask when you were interviewed?

I got my II late December, Interviewed February 26th. Thank you all so much for the support! It means a ton.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Over the past few days, the anxiety of all of this not knowing was unbearable. At least now I know that chances are that I did not get off the waitlist and can actually move on with my life... I really hope that they only called one person lol... my interview was much much earlier than Feb 26th... so guessing I was not selected!

I got the call but missed it so they left a voicemail. Got the email maybe an hour later.

My ARC-MD interview was yesterday, I told them I was still on the waitlist and they said I was "very high" up and they wanted to be proactive about meeting me

• Love
My ARC-MD interview was yesterday, I told them I was still on the waitlist and they said I was "very high" up and they wanted to be proactive about meeting me
Would you mind sharing an approximation of your stat with us? We are just freaking out here my interview was much earlier.... i have a solid gpa but did not do that well on my mcat... From all the interviews I got, I loved UC Davis vibe and emphasis on student wellness

my interview was much much earlier than Feb 26th... so guessing I was not selected!

We are just freaking out here my interview was much earlier....

It's totally understandable that you're feeling freaked out, this process can be really anxiety-inducing. I'm not an adcom, and I don't know for sure how they are handling the decisions... but everything I've read and heard suggests that they're not working through the list based on interview date. To the best of my knowledge, they re-review WL applicants periodically, and either send an A, an R, or leave them on the waitlist. If I had to guess, since you didn't receive an R, you're likely still in the game. Hang in there - still rooting for all of you!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you know how many applicants are they interviewing for ARC-MD? When will ARC-MD notify you about their decision?

Over the past few days, the anxiety of all of this not knowing was unbearable. At least now I know that chances are that I did not get off the waitlist and can actually move on with my life... I really hope that they only called one person lol... my interview was much much earlier than Feb 26th... so guessing I was not selected!

I need to jump in here! UC Davis does not rank students on its waitlist. They do not go chronologically in order either. (I believe) They admit students from the waitlist based off what experiences/characteristics/background their incoming class needs based on what spots become available from students deciding to go to a different school. It isn't over until you receive a rejection email.

Last edited:
  • Care
Last year they made a round of calls on the second Thursday of the month! Hopeful for something today

• Hmm
I got the call yesterday saying I was accepted off the waitlist!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got the call yesterday saying I was accepted off the waitlist!!
Congrats! On your portal, did you have an admissions decisions tab saying you were waitlisted or did you just get a message about being placed on the waitlist? Thank you!

Just seems like very little movement this year, or maybe the ones getting called aren’t on sdn either way not over till it’s over but keep your head up and don’t stress about things we can’t control. Rooting for all of us:)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I've really been thinking about deferring matriculation for one year for some personal health and family reasons that came up during the app cycle (I personally think they are good reasons and not some bull****). Does anyone know if UCD is receptive to this? I cannot find much information online about their admission policy

Does Davis send WL rejections before July? or all get the wl rejections at the end of the cycle

Hey guys, I've really been thinking about deferring matriculation for one year for some personal health and family reasons that came up during the app cycle (I personally think they are good reasons and not some bull****). Does anyone know if UCD is receptive to this? I cannot find much information online about their admission policy
MSAR shows 4 deferrals from in-state so I'm guessing they're at least somewhat receptive to it. Someone else is probably better equipped to answer this, but I'm assuming your best bet would be to email admissions and ask for clarification. Hope all is well!

It's not down for me
So sorry to hear :(( I hope you're doing okay, that is a very difficult decision to make. I would reach out to the admissions office and see what's up. It looks like UCD does offer deferrals for Grad school programs so maybe will be receptive to deferring your acceptance? From what I see it also looks like most med schools will require some sort of letter stating the reason for deferral which would be reviewed by the Dean/Director of Admissions.

Hope everything works out! Sorry there isn't more information on it

Does Davis send WL rejections before July? or all get the wl rejections at the end of the cycle
No one knows but based on pervious threads it seems most ppl mentioned getting rejected towards the end of the cycle, so maybe they only send rejections when they know movement is essentially done. (all of this is just speculation though)

Hope all is well and congrats on your acceptance either way! Health and family forsure come first. To answer your question, MSAR says UC Davis does allow deferred entrance. Last cycle, 4 people decided to defer. Of course email admissions if you decide to defer.

The two recent additions have been current students. No new additions but they're behind on accepting requests so no clue how many have gotten accepted from the WL

Here We Go Again GIF

let another week of anxiety filled phone staring begin...

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users