2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like some people left. I remember seeing up to 260 or 270 something? But now it’s at 256.
Also, only 1 new member has been added in the last week so I assume that means that about 14 people withdrew but no one from the WL has been accepted yet? That's news enough to keep our hopes up WLers 😊😊

Reactions: 5 users
I think they are behind this year because of COVID. Hopefully next week they will start making calls!

Reactions: 2 users
You guys I remember long ago, I emailed them about something and in their reply they wrote Mid May.... I think they will start calling by Thursday next week
We're banking on you buddy
🤞🤞 fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know the approx # of waitlist admission offers? They have about 100-150 waitlist students

oof welp my self esteem just plummetted lol
I wana say about 70-100 actually get off the waitlist because historically (based on data from 2019?) from 482 IIs, there were 226 total acceptances and 123 enrolled. Which means approx 226-123 = 103 got off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wana say about 70-100 actually get off the waitlist because historically (based on data from 2019?) from 482 IIs, there were 226 total acceptances and 123 enrolled. Which means approx 226-123 = 103 got off the waitlist?
I can always count on you to fix my atrial defib😂😂😂

• Haha
Why are there 256 members on the FB group lollll I am overthinking it sooo much

Some other buddies in this thread said that almost 70+ kids in the group are current students. That still brings us to 180ish members that may be "accepted students" but I wouldn't bank on it

FWIW, the discord server only has 80 members so far. I'm guessing not everyone has joined, but that might be a more accurate gauge than the facebook group membership.

Hang in there, y'all – Davis usually has significant WL movement. Rooting for all of you!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I can assure you 103 people (ie. 85% of the class of 2023) did not get in off the waitlist. Schools do not accept the exact number of students in their class during the first round of acceptances (before waitlist movement). They have so much data on how many acceptances they can comfortably give over their target enrollment. So, for example, by the time interviewing is over with, they may have sent out 200 acceptances, knowing many will choose a different school.

So, for example, for a target class size of 123: 200 acceptances given throughout the interview cycle --> 100 matriculants --> minimum 23 pulled from waitlist (but realize that not everyone on the waitlist will choose to go to that school, so they may go through 30+ people on the waitlist to get the 23 they need.

From what I remember, in the class of 2024 facebook group, based on people who joined in May and on-wards, I would estimate ~20 students got in off the waitlist (again, this is just an estimate from what I can remember from a year ago. so it may be inaccurate). It is also possible some of these students were not on the waitlist and had just not joined the facebook group yet and joined in May.

I can assure you 103 people (ie. 85% of the class of 2023) did not get in off the waitlist. Schools do not accept the exact number of students in their class during the first round of acceptances (before waitlist movement). They have so much data on how many acceptances they can comfortably give over their target enrollment. So, for example, by the time interviewing is over with, they may have sent out 200 acceptances, knowing many will choose a different school.

So, for example, for a target class size of 123: 200 acceptances given throughout the interview cycle --> 100 matriculants --> minimum 23 pulled from waitlist (but realize that not everyone on the waitlist will choose to go to that school, so they may go through 30+ people on the waitlist to get the 23 they need.

From what I remember, in the class of 2024 facebook group, based on people who joined in May and on-wards, I would estimate ~20 students got in off the waitlist. It is also possible some of these students were not on the waitlist and had just not joined the facebook group yet and joined in May.
Thanks for the info! Little bit of a bummer but it certainly makes sense.

• Care
Thanks for the info! Little bit of a bummer but it certainly makes sense.
Hang in there. One of our classmates was accepted from the waitlist either the day before or day of our white coat ceremony. It isn't over until you get that rejection. Best of luck to you.

• Care
Hang in there. One of our classmates was accepted from the waitlist either the day before or day of our white coat ceremony. It isn't over until you get that rejection. Best of luck to you.
Thank you so much!!! Hopefully we start hearing soon

Thank you so much!!! Hopefully we start hearing soon
Hope so... We do not know if they started calling waitlist applicants , but from the looks of it and our fb research , we assume they have not. Lets hope we will hear from this week

wait that's wilddddddd. That person had probably already sent in all of their reapps and had their year planned...

hi guys, I was interviewed April 8th , but haven't received any updates after that ...neither rejection nor WL ...Any advice ?

hi guys, I was interviewed April 8th , but haven't received any updates after that ...neither rejection nor WL ...Any advice ?
Have you checked your status on the web? Does not it take them a month to give an update. you should hear back from them soon

Have you checked your status on the web? Does not it take them a month to give an update. you should hear back from them soon
Thanks for responding ...which portal/web site should I check for the status ?. The Davis website (login using my AMCAS id) shows only a welcome message ..so not sure if there's any other portal that gives me an update.

Thanks for responding ...which portal/web site should I check for the status ?. The Davis website (login using my AMCAS id) shows only a welcome message ..so not sure if there's any other portal that gives me an update.
The portal should have a section on the left bar that says "Status" and "Messages". Those tabs should give you more of an idea of all the correspondence you would have had with them

The portal should have a section on the left bar that says "Status" and "Messages". Those tabs should give you more of an idea of all the correspondence you would have had with them
On the portal left side I see only the welcome and FAQ section ..no status or messages. Maybe the portal gets updated after we receive any communications from the admissions office ..since I hadn't any so far ..mine is empty still. Fingers crossed ....thanks for taking time to respond...thankyou

I ran into the same issue this cycle for a handful of schools, not all though. You have might to wait until you get a clear decision (accept, alternate, reject) for your portal to reflect it. Stay strong! :)

On the portal left side I see only the welcome and FAQ section ..no status or messages. Maybe the portal gets updated after we receive any communications from the admissions office ..since I hadn't any so far ..mine is empty still. Fingers crossed ....thanks for taking time to respond...thankyou
On mine there is a section with a little house icon that says "admission decision" and when u click it says WL

On mine there is a section with a little house icon that says "admission decision" and when u click it says WL

I actually dont see a little house icon at all but I have been receiving all WL emails and am on the waitlist. Strange!

This is honestly kinda strange. It should be happening anyday now if it’s going to at all. Last year i believe they started making calls on May 7th.
We just need to know where we all stand :(( Its like we are giving ourselves false hope and just NOT knowing is killing us slowly.

We just need to know where we all stand :(( Its like we are giving ourselves false hope and just NOT knowing is killing us slowly.
It sucks because other UC's have been adding people off waitlists according to the other forums here:/

• Sad
I really hope that there is some movement at some point. I'm getting freaked out that perhaps there aren't any spots open.

I really hope that there is some movement at some point. I'm getting freaked out that perhaps there aren't any spots open.
I don't think that spots are unavailable for Davis or else why would they email us. I think that by the end of this week we should hear from them! whoever receives a call just keep us updated here so we know that they have actually started calling WL ....

• Care
Reactions: 2 users