UOC, Denver 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

Someone earlier mentioned that the new invites would be sent after 8th and I was wondering if anyone received any calls in the past week.

Please share.

Members don't see this ad.

@ mcp 10

no i still dint recieve any email regarding fees...
we should dress formally,though u can change to scrubs during ur bench exam..
hope that helps...

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
@ mcp 10

no i still dint recieve any email regarding fees...
we should dress formally,though u can change to scrubs during ur bench exam..
hope that helps...

good luck

Thank you! Good luck!

Hi, does anyone know if a hand piece has water spray?
Thank you.

Its an electric handpiece. No water spray. You do have a air/water syringe there.
Ok, thank you!
Have used it before? is there a difference b/w an electric and a regular one?
Thank you.

Hey friends, I got a call from Colorado,Denver. The date is on May 21. I hope everyone who applied gets a IV call.

I got an Email asking me to be there on the 21st of May.
I think should be one more round for those who didnt get any email.
there is some hope still. because the last IV day is June 7th.

I got an Email asking me to be there on the 21st of May.
I think should be one more round for those who didnt get any email.
there is some hope still. because the last IV day is June 7th.

Thanks Kanish and Dental2009. Good luck to you all.

Hi any female looking for accommodation for May 21st interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
do you think we should e-mail and ask Ms.Miller about this fee for the test?
I am taking it on May 7.
Thank you.

Last edited:
it is little heavier.
Hey full denture...thanks for all the help u have been giving us, can u plz tell me how much time we will be given for bench test, coz i want to manage time , so far it takes me 45 min to do 1 prep that means 1and half hour for class 2 n crown prep! how much time should we give to each ideally?
thanks in advance!:)

Hi,
do you think we should e-mail and ask Ms.Miller about this fee for the test?
I am taking it on May 7.
Thank you.

dont worry it is their money, they would call you for it.
just worry about doing good in the interview now.

Hi,

Just wondering if Any one got the interview call recently..? i have been waiting for a long time now. but no luck yet. emailed Miller. she got back to me all the interviews are pending.. any idea..?

Hi,

Just wondering if Any one got the interview call recently..? i have been waiting for a long time now. but no luck yet. emailed Miller. she got back to me all the interviews are pending.. any idea..?

hi.. even i wanted to ask same.. but i think recently no one was invited for the next batch ....

Ms. Jane told me same!!!

Hey full denture...thanks for all the help u have been giving us, can u plz tell me how much time we will be given for bench test, coz i want to manage time , so far it takes me 45 min to do 1 prep that means 1and half hour for class 2 n crown prep! how much time should we give to each ideally?
you will have about 3 hours ,so you are doing good with time:)

Hi,

Since she told you all interviews are pending, it means there is a chance for you to be called still.
so hang on, there is hope still.
good luck to every one, if it didnt work this year, dont waste any time guys, do something to improve your resume for the next year.

You are looking good. Just remember your adrenaline is kicking during exam so just keep your calm. Ideally 1 hour for each.

You are looking good. Just remember your adrenaline is kicking during exam so just keep your calm. Ideally 1 hour for each.
Thanks candoit and full denture:luck:! Also I want to know in class 2 prep what difference is for amalgam and composite, in amalgam prep i know walls of the occlusal dovetail are convergent, is that so for composite as well, or should it be straight, n i think the proximal box is convergent in both I guess!
N ill try to keep calm thanks :)

**Important Message**
As of April 8, we anticipate inviting 80 more applicants to interview, but are waiting for additional information from CAAPID application service. This delay is out of our hands at the moment, so we appreciate your patience. Once the information is received, we will review and make final selections for invitations to interview. In addition, a waitlist for interviews will be constructed, and all applicants will be notified of their status. We will do so as soon as is possible. We are sorry for the delays.

this is what UOC website shows....should v keep some hope??? dont knw ....i really had hopes frm colorado....:(

**Important Message**
As of April 8, we anticipate inviting 80 more applicants to interview, but are waiting for additional information from CAAPID application service. This delay is out of our hands at the moment, so we appreciate your patience. Once the information is received, we will review and make final selections for invitations to interview. In addition, a waitlist for interviews will be constructed, and all applicants will be notified of their status. We will do so as soon as is possible. We are sorry for the delays.

this is what UOC website shows....should v keep some hope??? dont knw ....i really had hopes frm colorado....:(

Dont loose hope. Be ready incase you are called at the last moment. This happenend last year. Good luck

**Important Message**

Hey my friend have FAITH , if thety said that is because your name is in the next list...Hope for the best.:thumbup:

Hello..for those who already had the interview, is it right that there is some written questions??
Thanks alot
Nora

ya... thats exactly wt we need at th last moment.. :)

ya... thats exactly wt we need at th last moment.. :)
any idea what exercises are to be done in this year bench..got a zip file but not able to open and read it..what 2 do??

any idea what exercises are to be done in this year bench..got a zip file but not able to open and read it..what 2 do??

go to download.com and download winzip

Hi everyone.. does anyone know when do we have to pay the bench test fees..I emailed Ms. Miller but no response..:(

hi anvik

i got an email on thrusday to send the 175$ bench fee by may 2...im in may 7th batch...
i thnk they are askin for bench fee batch wise,when is ur interview?

Just few quick questions:

A. Usually who interview the students- a faculty and current student
B. What type of dental related questions asked

Hi everyone.. does anyone know when do we have to pay the bench test fees..I emailed Ms. Miller but no response..:(
Jane Miller just sent me email about the payment before May 9th..you will get the email soon.

Jane Miller just sent me email about the payment before May 9th..you will get the email soon.[/QUO

Jane miller has sent an email to pay exam fee for bench test before may 9 th for only the caapid applicants. She said paper applicants need not pay the money if they paid the application fee.

Just few quick questions:

A. Usually who interview the students- a faculty and current student
B. What type of dental related questions asked

Interview is done by one or 2 faculty and one ISP student. Its an interview, you can be asked anything.

finally got the call for june 11... i am soo happy... i am done with part2 as well yesterday, and a day after interview!!!!

Congratulations..!!!! Can please let us know when did you recieve the interview call..? Also if you dont mind please share your stats

Thanks

congratulations toothfairy.... me too on 11 june !!!!

how was your exam???

hey guys.. count me in for 11th june too!!

@toothfairyqueen.. wow amazing.. life wouldnt be better than this!! done with part 2.. IV from CU.. :))))) happy for you !!

@drzinc... dude.. congrats for IV..am happy for u too!!

guys lets discuss when u all are planning ur trip of going to colorado? where u all will be staying?

what all things we should prepare for bench exam?

how much is the bench exam fee? Ms. Jane did not mention anything about paying for bench exam fees.. how much and by when we should pay the fees?

hey guys.. count me in for 11th june too!!

@toothfairyqueen.. wow amazing.. life wouldnt be better than this!! done with part 2.. IV from CU.. :))))) happy for you !!

@drzinc... dude.. congrats for IV..am happy for u too!!

guys lets discuss when u all are planning ur trip of going to colorado? where u all will be staying?

what all things we should prepare for bench exam?

how much is the bench exam fee? Ms. Jane did not mention anything about paying for bench exam fees.. how much and by when we should pay the fees?

Fulldenture I have one more question:

Can u tell do we need to wing our Pfm prep or not

Do they look into your working position during the exam? Say for eg if we do one prep in 9 o'clock position can we do other from 3 o'clock position will be ok? I mean to say can we switch side?

finally got the call for june 11... i am soo happy... i am done with part2 as well yesterday, and a day after interview!!!!
Congratulation toothfairy ..Great luck in your IV and test result!!..my nbde2 test will be on May 6th and 7th..and COLORADO iv on May 21..Can you tell about the test?How it was?:confused:

Occlusal reduction for Pfm - do we reduce 1.5-2.0 mm on both functional and nonfunctional cusp or do we reduce 2 mm on function cusp and 1.5 mm for non functional cusp. Can somebody tell.