Uoc denver 2012 acceptance for isp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Dentist2020
The whole process at UOC sucks.....

- First, did they follow a standard process in selecting & informing candidates abt their staus?? What an excruciating pain to wait for such a long time? Did they ever thought of their children going through such pain?? No...that's why they were sloppy in thier responses.

-Candidates with excellent credentials got rejected. They should not have invited too many students to the interview when they cannot offer a position.

-Any ways .. ..candidates who did a good job in the bench test, and the interview with excellent scores, but not got accepted, forget about this school. There must be a much better one waiting for you. Not sure about their variety of factors they are looking for .... but to my astonishment I came to know that a candidate even though the bench test was incomplete, infact it was worst, got accepted. That means there is no fairness in the process.

I will never ever look back at this school..

I understand your situation because I've experienced a number of rejections after IV. I know any kind of comments would not be easy to encourage you, but I wish you would stand up again and struggle for your future. This painful experience would be a good foundation for you to become more competent candidate of Advanced Standing Program of many kinds of dental schools.

From my experience of UC Denver I.V, it was good, nice faculty members and good students there. Everyone said that their interview was good, which seem to be confident about themselves, but I thought this was somewhat ridiculous. Because interview is the interview. I mean that even though all of the candidates think to themselves they did very well and enjoyed the moments, but they must be ranked from the 1st place to the last one by score under rigid rule which interviewers precalibrated. The thing is that you have to be outstanding from many candidates regardless of specific mode of a dental school during interview. I'm sure you've already known this fact.

I have 17 years experience as a dentist and specializing prothodontics and implant, teaching experience for junior residents, and still doing my job in my country. I mention about myself because I want to point out that our dental skills especially for bench exam is very subjective, which I've got to know while I was teaching students and residents. Dentist2020, I think you must have done very well on your bench exam. But the score could be somewhat under in the eyes of evaluator. This is true because even when I evaluate my tooth preparation tomorrow, I usually find some flaws, much more from other person. Have you ever evaluated your works comparing with textbook pictures?

Of course, I would like to recommend you to remember there are numerous candidates who are struggling, trying to have their superior clinical skills in every respects.

I think I'm not in position to teach someone, but if you need tips or advices I'm willing to give my hands as a senior who is on the same boat to further our career in the U.S as a competent dentist. I sincerely hope you don't think I'm arrogant. Cheer up, buddy!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I also read book and google for behaviour question and purpose of behaviour question is not to answer for book. If inteverier is smart he knows that few keyword search on google will get this answer. Yes I have seen how others have perform in bench test and being in dental filed for a long time i can say that basic preparation was wrong but they still get accepted. Yes I have 4 year of experience and also have experience in USA. I don't think some one need to change his accent, some one need to improve on his english ability to speak good level of english.

well I dont know what to tell you, I wasnt with you in the interview, plus I dont know how you managed to see the preparation of others.
anyways, if I were you , I would try to see what I did or said wrong in the 45 minutes interview, or what they didnt feel comfortable about. because this is what matters the most I belive the 45 minutes interview.
did you know, if they figured out that you googled and read books to prepare the right answers, this is a good thing and very positive point. it means you work hard and prepare for things.
anyway my friend, I wish you luck and I hope you put this behind you, just try to see what could have been done in a better way for the next interview.... good luck

Well written doc! I remember talking to you here on SDN during our iv. Glad you made it.

I believe my bench exam was great and so was the wax test. I also think that my iv was good. But after I received the rejection, I went back and thought about my iv and realized that it was not up to the mark.

So yup I know my mistakes and hope to improve.

QUOTE=Livingstone;11164484]@Dentist2020

I understand your situation because I've experienced a number of rejections after IV. I know any kind of comments would not be easy to encourage you, but I wish you would stand up again and struggle for your future. This painful experience would be a good foundation for you to become more competent candidate of Advanced Standing Program of many kinds of dental schools.

From my experience of UC Denver I.V, it was good, nice faculty members and good students there. Everyone said that their interview was good, which seem to be confident about themselves, but I thought this was somewhat ridiculous. Because interview is the interview. I mean that even though all of the candidates think to themselves they did very well and enjoyed the moments, but they must be ranked from the 1st place to the last one by score under rigid rule which interviewers precalibrated. The thing is that you have to be outstanding from many candidates regardless of specific mode of a dental school during interview. I'm sure you've already known this fact.

I have 17 years experience as a dentist and specializing prothodontics and implant, teaching experience for junior residents, and still doing my job in my country. I mention about myself because I want to point out that our dental skills especially for bench exam is very subjective, which I've got to know while I was teaching students and residents. Dentist2020, I think you must have done very well on your bench exam. But the score could be somewhat under in the eyes of evaluator. This is true because even when I evaluate my tooth preparation tomorrow, I usually find some flaws, much more from other person. Have you ever evaluated your works comparing with textbook pictures?

Of course, I would like to recommend you to remember there are numerous candidates who are struggling, trying to have their superior clinical skills in every respects.

I think I'm not in position to teach someone, but if you need tips or advices I'm willing to give my hands as a senior who is on the same boat to further our career in the U.S as a competent dentist. I sincerely hope you don't think I'm arrogant. Cheer up, buddy![/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I also read book and google for behavior question and purpose of behavior question is not to answer for book. If inteverier is smart he knows that few keyword search on google will get this answer. Yes I have seen how others have perform in bench test and being in dental filed for a long time i can say that basic preparation was wrong but they still get accepted. Yes I have 4 year of experience and also have experience in USA. I don't think some one need to change his accent, some one need to improve on his english ability to speak good level of english.
IV is VERY important. There were not only behavior questions, but ethical and so on. There are many books about iv preparation and training courses. I agree that you credentials brought you to the iv, which itself is a big achievement, you are very close to your goal, just need to polish your iv skills.
Will be happy you to direct you with iv prep.

Sorry I did not say this earlier but, Hearty Congratulations to all those who got accepted.And good luck to all those wait-listed.
Could anyone give the details as to what the dead-line is for accepted candidates to complete the formalities and confirm the joining?
Any idea by when the school will start looking at the wait-list pool?:oops:

Thank you.So what does it entail?Payment of the fees and all that?

Thank you.So what does it entail?Payment of the fees and all that?

there is a form that you either accept the offer or not,
if you accept it, you would have to send 3000$ by june the 6th.
other wise would lose the seat, then they would call some of the witlisted.
you know some people might be accepted somewhere else, so they would call waitlisted to fill in for them.
good luck every body, I know every one has worked and still working hard. there is lots of opportunity...

I can understand your pain......but rather look into your weaknesses and improve them. Wish you goodluck for future and in meantime, i would just say that you never become better by downgrading others. (Candidates with excellent credentials got rejected).

well said drcool!

there is a form that you either accept the offer or not,
if you accept it, you would have to send 3000$ by june the 6th.
other wise would lose the seat, then they would call some of the witlisted.
you know some people might be accepted somewhere else, so they would call waitlisted to fill in for them.
good luck every body, I know every one has worked and still working hard. there is lots of opportunity...

ditto

So the wait-list could start moving as early as 1st or 2nd week of July.I guess now its a lot of luck and prayers.Am praying...lets see.But I do agree with all those who said the experience was worth it.I really fell in love with the college and the general environment.I cant compare it to any other college in the US as its the one and only college I came to.Have to wait now.Thanks a lot for all those who helped out with my queries.Best of Luck

I haven't heard anything from UOC. Is there any one out there who has not heard anything from UOC? What does this mean?

@KYP
I can surely say I feel your pain....the pain of waiting.I hope it ends soon on a positive note for you.So far the positive note for me says wait-list.Hope that turns into a complete acceptance note .......SOON.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from UOC. Is there any one out there who has not heard anything from UOC? What does this mean?
Me too I have not heared anything from UOC yet!!

I heard in 2010 class they got only 1 student from the waiting list... can anyone here confirm this?

No, atleast 8 as far i know..........but because they increased class size from 36 to 40.

I heard in 2010 class they got only 1 student from the waiting list... can anyone here confirm this?

Have you and KYP been checking the SPAM and Trash sections of your emails?
Sure I do that everyday ..and I emailed them today but no answer.I know somebody else who doesn not know his status yet .I am wondering if there are more applicants who have the same situation..

So after the July 6th deadline, if one does not accept the offer for whatever reason does the college look to the wait-list pool immediately?

yes, they should if anyone does,nt accept.......but not too good news for students in waiting as i heard 3 students leaving nyu for colorado.

So after the July 6th deadline, if one does not accept the offer for whatever reason does the college look to the wait-list pool immediately?

Hi all.
So any news anybody as to how many out of the talented and lucky 40 accepted?Just that the wait-listed people are banking on the hope that there will be some non-acceptees etc.So would really help if there is any and some immediate hope.

Last edited:
Hi all.
So any news anybody as to how many out of the talented and lucky 40 accepted?Just that the wait-listed people are banking on the hope that there will be some non-acceptees etc.So would really help if there is any and some immediate hope.

I think we should move on,,, it seems there is reaaly little chance if any at all that they get anyone from waiting list soon,,

Just my two cents for everybody who gave the UOC interview or are preparing for other interview with a bench test.

I was accepted to Colorado and am now in my first year. The program is intensive but very comprehensive and the faculty are very helpful. I did not find that the application interview was disorganized but even if you find it that way it was worth it. As far as what they make you do as far as a challenge examination it is generally a crown preparation and class II amalgam preparation and the wax up procedure. They are very helpful in providing guidelines for the preparation but I knew that I needed some practice and instruction prior to the test especially working on plastic teeth. Found an excellent course that in 5 days totally changed my level of performance and without which I could not have performed as well as I did.

Colorado is a great place to live and experience a wonderful education. Plan to take the same course to prepare me for the Florida Boards. Hope this helps everyone looking to apply to Colorado or to any other school. Send me a message if you want to get in touch with the people who provide the course.

Just my two cents for everybody who gave the UOC interview or are preparing for other interview with a bench test.

I was accepted to Colorado and am now in my first year. The program is intensive but very comprehensive and the faculty are very helpful. I did not find that the application interview was disorganized but even if you find it that way it was worth it. As far as what they make you do as far as a challenge examination it is generally a crown preparation and class II amalgam preparation and the wax up procedure. They are very helpful in providing guidelines for the preparation but I knew that I needed some practice and instruction prior to the test especially working on plastic teeth. Found an excellent course that in 5 days totally changed my level of performance and without which I could not have performed as well as I did.

Colorado is a great place to live and experience a wonderful education. Plan to take the same course to prepare me for the Florida Boards. Hope this helps everyone looking to apply to Colorado or to any other school. Send me a message if you want to get in touch with the people who provide the course.

Can I ask where you took the course?and How can I find one?
Thanks

DENTAL BOARD PREPS: (The Gordy Course), formerly Florida Dental Board Preps can provide you with everything you need to be fully prepared for the examination. There no. is 1-800-414-8222.

DENTAL BOARD PREPS: (The Gordy Course), formerly Florida Dental Board Preps can provide you with everything you need to be fully prepared for the examination. There no. is 1-800-414-8222.

Thank You,,

Last edited:
I was also on waitlist of UoC but I got accepted at another school last week and started school in middle of semester:).. someone droped out:)life is strange!!:)..so everyone who is waiting for acceptance ..I know how it feels but hang in there!.. you'll recieve an email or phone call soon and everything will be fine:)..
"Zindagi ki yehi reet hai Har kay baad hi Jeet hai"

twinkle
congrats...! where did u get accepted?

What........you mean?

drcool77 it was just panicky
93amz.jpg

100.jpg

ht.jpg.jpg

Congrats twinkle. Congrats to all of you who got accepted in uoc ISP program, when is the deadline to pay the fee I heard it is in Oct.

Hello Everybody,
Can anyone tell me when is the last date for fee submission for accepted candidates?I am one of the wait-listed blokes....and hoping someone drops out and I get lucky.
Any idea if any of the accpeted candidates dropped out and there is movement of the wait-list?Any information would be welcome.

Not yet. Wait till end of the year and candidates might drop.

Last year 2 people went to other schools after orientation and one person left second week into a program due to a grave disease.

Colorado put nearly 30 applicants on waitlist and when space become available suppose for 1 candidate then how the program will choose from the waitlisted pool. School mention that they will choose most qualified candidate....can you friends tell me what points will they evaluate!! From the past people who got accepted what made them top the chart of waitlisted candidates....I would appreciate people who would be willing to share some advise or their opinion...

Colorado put nearly 30 applicants on waitlist and when space become available suppose for 1 candidate then how the program will choose from the waitlisted pool. School mention that they will choose most qualified candidate....can you friends tell me what points will they evaluate!! From the past people who got accepted what made them top the chart of waitlisted candidates....I would appreciate people who would be willing to share some advise or their opinion...

They already rank people based on the practical exam and the personal interview. Then they accept the 40 people from that and then put the rest of the people on the waitlist (I don't know how many people) but like you said 30, then okay 30. So, the ranking is already done when they accept the original 40.

So all of us wait-listed candidates got the email.No withdrawals yet.I guess nail-biting still continues.....hope not too long cause I am running out of nails....toes included.As requested earlier I hope some of the current students at UoC who were called from the wait-list be kind enough to give us some info or updates as to when and how they were called.Mail or telephone?When they ended up paying the fees etc.

This ones for the waitlisted candidates..
In the email received from Dr.Towne, did she mean that even the waitlisted candidates need to the attend the orientation in dec??

I just called Dr. Towne to decline my spot. And she told me that someone else did so too. So two spots are open. :) Good luck everyone

I just called Dr. Towne to decline my spot. And she told me that someone else did so too. So two spots are open. :) Good luck everyone

goodluck

Last edited:
not exactly the right thread to be posting this in but doesnt UOC hv application fee in electronic application?
I honestly can't remember. Sorry. I'll def post if I do. Good luck.

I remember from last year that you should just pay for CAAPID and then when invited for interview they ask you to pay