UOC, Denver 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsMSD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a doubt. Should I send ECE official transcripts along with TOEFL & PART 1 score report ? I dint see any mention of it in their supplemental application list.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I have a question about the supplemental application. How much fees we have to pay for supplemental application after submitting the cappid application. Any reply will be highly appreciated.

For supplemental documents as colorado reuire all the documents in one envelope, so are you sending ndbe and toefl too in that? I mean should we get both scores at our home address first and then send them or it should be send directly to the university? pls reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uc denver needs official or photocopy of toefl and ndbe? Do they accept toefl that is older than two years old.

hey guys.. has anyone recieved any email or any application ststus mail from ucdenver dental school..... i have applied via caapid and sent my supplemental application as well.. but no email till now.....

even i haven't received any thing....should i call them........

its been a month i sent all the documents...since then have been calling n sending emails to jane miller, but was no reply at all...this week she received the call and just said my application is complete without verifying...she has no patience to listen to the candidates...

but my toefl score is less , it is 90 , i was thinking that's the reason she is not contacting me, do u suggest i retake the toefl , someone pls reply .

what all documents do we need to submit with caapid application? i have sent notarised copy of dental degree, university questionnaire, resume and ordered for toefl and nbde part 1 score...anything else we need to submit?

@penguin i suggest u to retake toefl as ur application will not be considered without the minimum score...pls share ur stats..

this is the email i reciebves from jane miller yesterday...

Once your application is filed with CAAPID, you'll need to send me supplemental documents. Then I'll be able to let you know the status of your application.
Please see below for details.

Please see below for supplemental document information.

Supplemental documents: (The following documents are not collected through CAAPID or do not meet UCSODM verification requirements as submitted through CAAPID, and must be submitted directly to UCSODM with CAAPID ID # clearly identified in one envelope.

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) original score
Part I NBDE (National Board Dental Examination) original score, as well as Part II, if taken.
Dental Experience, submitted in the form of a curriculum vitae, resume, or essay
Notarized copy of dental degree or diploma. (If it is a language other than English, it must also be
accompanied by a notarized translation from an official U.S. Translator.)
University of Colorado Board of Regents Questionnaire: (This form can be downloaded from http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/dentalmedicine/StudentServices/ClinicPolicies/Documents/ISP%20APP%20BOARD%20OF%20REGENTS%20QUEST%202012.pdf)
***Supplemental documents should be sent together in one envelope to the the address below no later than March 15, 2010:
Attn: Jane Miller
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
International Student Program
Mail Stop F838
13065 East 17th Avenue, Room 104
Aurora, CO 80045
Once your supplemental document has been reached and your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation via email regarding your status. Please note interviews (including practical exams) are scheduled for months of May and June, 2011.

Does anyone has any idea what does the bench test for Uni of Colorado consist of ?

this is the email i reciebves from jane miller yesterday...

Once your application is filed with CAAPID, you’ll need to send me supplemental documents. Then I’ll be able to let you know the status of your application.
Please see below for details.

Please see below for supplemental document information.

Supplemental documents: (The following documents are not collected through CAAPID or do not meet UCSODM verification requirements as submitted through CAAPID, and must be submitted directly to UCSODM with CAAPID ID # clearly identified in one envelope.

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) original score
Part I NBDE (National Board Dental Examination) original score, as well as Part II, if taken.
Dental Experience, submitted in the form of a curriculum vitae, resume, or essay
Notarized copy of dental degree or diploma. (If it is a language other than English, it must also be
accompanied by a notarized translation from an official U.S. Translator.)
University of Colorado Board of Regents Questionnaire: (This form can be downloaded from http://ucdenver.edu/academics/colle...ments/ISP APP BOARD OF REGENTS QUEST 2012.pdf)
***Supplemental documents should be sent together in one envelope to the the address below no later than March 15, 2010:
Attn: Jane Miller
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
International Student Program
Mail Stop F838
13065 East 17th Avenue, Room 104
Aurora, CO 80045
Once your supplemental document has been reached and your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation via email regarding your status. Please note interviews (including practical exams) are scheduled for months of May and June, 2011.

hey guys, dont mean to confuse anyone but ,i asked jane miller thru email regarding the supplemental documentation in november 2010 and this is the reply i got :

Miller, Jane to me
show details 11/18/10

Once your application is filed with CAAPID, there is no supplemental documents you need to submit to me at this time. After your application is reviewed, I will be in contact regarding interviews in spring. If you’re invited for the interview, there will be a $175 bench exam fee.
Please email me for any other questions.
Thank you!
Jane Miller

Now i m confused myself whether to send supplemental documents or not !!:rolleyes:

yes u have to send the supplemental documents nt the application.. chk the school website.... they have made significant changes in their website after nov...

Members don't see this ad :)
yes u have to send the supplemental documents nt the application.. chk the school website.... they have made significant changes in their website after nov...

Thanks a lot toothfairyqueen !!!!!
Appreciate that , i checked out their website and did see a lot of changes since nov 2010. Thank you for bringing my attention to this .:)

Do we need to submit letters of recommendation to Univ of Colorado directly, or the ones that we sent through Caapid are sufficient?

caapid ones are sufficient....coz they say they wud consider 3 lors....3 are already in caapid

has anyone recieved any confirmation or application complete after submitting supplemental documents?

Hey, I have been reading the threads, and I did notice that everyone is anxious that no one has received application confirmation email. Just to give u guys a heads up on this, I want to mention that don't worry as long as u have the followed the website and have sent in all the documents from your side. I was an applicant last year, and to be honest I never received application complete email, but I did get an interview call though. So I would just send all the documents from your side.

Someone was asking about the Bench exam. They usually give you one full gold crown prep and one class 2. It is on the manikin and not bench. Last year they let us use our own burs. But I would burs really don't matter, whatever an individual is comfortable with. Another thing to mention here, their hand-piece runs good but is usually a little heavy so just be aware of that. The one we usually practice at home is lighter.

I guess this will help all of you a little bit.

thanks forget.. your words were a great relief to send off the worry abt applicaton...

Sorry guys I forgot another thing to mention. Trying sending your Toefl and NBDE score reports with your supplemental documents. Because their university has an undergraduate and graduate campus and they are kind of located not close to each other. And then u may all be wondering later on that you dont even know if they received your score reports.

I do understand you are all anxious, and I have been through that phase, but don't worry it will go fine.

On the bench exam, there is also a wax carving assignment. It is not difficult. I would suggest, practice more on your preps and class 2 and the wax exercise will not be a difficult task.

Is the deadline for UOC march 15 2011?
Thanks

Hi Pollen,

The deadline for submitting paper applications and supplementary documents is March 15, 2011. However, the deadline to submit the CAAPID application to UOC is February 15, 2011. I hope this helps!

Is the deadline for UOC march 15 2011?
Thanks

Hi
I'm appliying via the paper application.
As i wrote my toefl just 2 weeks back, should i wait for toefl to send me the score report, and then post the report with everything else in one envelop

OR
should i rest assured that toefl would already send the report to them as i mentioned their college code in my toefl application.

Hi, i just wanted to know if we apply through caapid, do we still need to pay any other application fees along supplement documents??

@ Mansadh...they did not mention any fees in there e-mail with supplemental docu,ments. In there website its mentioned that its included in caapid fees. If they call you for bench exam you will have to pay $ 175. Thanks.........Does anybody knows anything better?

@analyser. They do not accept reports directly. You will have to send yours along with all the documents. Thanks.

Thank u so much for ur prompt reply Rast..God bless you and All the best :)

thanks a ton, mansadh......................good luck to you too!

@rast thanks buddy
But why do they mention their institution code for toefl in the application then...
all th best

@ analyser, if you read there website carefully, they have mentioned that they do not accept reports directly from agencies. So I guess to be on safe side you should send yours..........I have also heard that there campuses for dental and undergraduate are far from each other so your documents tends to get lost....................GOOD LUCK DEAR:)

Hello, friends.
I have just received an email from Jane Miller stating that my application has been reviewed and that they'll inform me regarding the interview in a few weeks.
Can anyone tell me when the interviews are held and what exactly is expected in the wax carving exercise.

Hi,
I got email from Jane miller regarding the supplemental documents, there is no mentioning of any application fee. But, in their application, they have asked a fee of 225$ in form of money order. So, should I send the application fee or not?
Thanks in advance.

Hi friends,
I have applied through caapid to uoc. In the paper application , it is stated that the application is only applicable to those who are bypassing caapid and is submitting directly to school of dental medicine. Should I fill in the paper application or not?
Thanks again

Hi friends,
I have applied through caapid to uoc. In the paper application , it is stated that the application is only applicable to those who are bypassing caapid and is submitting directly to school of dental medicine. Should I fill in the paper application or not?
Thanks again
no u dont hav to submit paper application but u need to send original score reports, CV or Resume n notarized copy of dental degree ...chek their website for any other stuff

i too got the mail saying application review is complete and interviews will be sent in few weeks time!!! good luck all

i too got the mail saying application review is complete and interviews will be sent in few weeks time!!! good luck all
Hi... can you tell me that .. you called them about your application status or they emailed it to you without asking? Because I did not recevie about my application complete or incomplete email so I was just wondering what should should I do.... I tried calling at the school but it goes straight to voicemail... can you please tell me what should I do???

Hi... can you tell me that .. you called them about your application status or they emailed it to you without asking? Because I did not recevie about my application complete or incomplete email so I was just wondering what should should I do.... I tried calling at the school but it goes straight to voicemail... can you please tell me what should I do???

Its not a reply mail but a official mail on universityletter head attached in email.... i had applied via caapid in november and sent my supplement documents in dec.... didnt receive anything..only yesterday, this email arrived.. only thing you can do is wait....

@riki wen did u apply.. after how long did u get this mail?

I had applied via Caapid in January and my supplemental documents were received on 1st Feb (according to Express mail tracking ). It was on 8th Feb that I got the said email. I didn't get any email notifying receipt of caapid application or supplemental documents.
I hope it helps :)

Hi,
I got email from Jane miller regarding the supplemental documents, there is no mentioning of any application fee. But, in their application, they have asked a fee of 225$ in form of money order. So, should I send the application fee or not?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for replying late. As far as I am aware, if u r applying online via Caapid, there is no separate fee charged for sending supplemental documents to UOC.
But of course, depending on the number of schools u r applying to, Caapid will charge a fee.

I am not aware of the procedure for paper application.
Hope it helps !

hi all .............can we send original score reports for toefl n nbde which are not sealed .....or those should be sealed copies only?
pls reply ....thanks

I think it should be in sealed envelope

hi all .............can we send original score reports for toefl n nbde which are not sealed .....or those should be sealed copies only?
pls reply ....thanks

yesterday, i got email from dr. jane that my application has been reviewed and they will tell about i/v in few weeks.

thanks for reply benny.....good luck to u

@ benny
did u email jane miller? and hence she replied u back?? when did u apply??
i applied in jan havent heard anythg,

Hey florarose,
I applied in june 2010 and she replied my email.

@ benny
did u email jane miller? and hence she replied u back?? when did u apply??
i applied in jan havent heard anythg,