University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know who we write the cheque to, to send the deposit in? Is it just University of Illinois? Canadian over here, so not super familiar with how American universities deal with this stuff :p
Also if anyone has any good recommendations for a barn down there, I'm looking to move my horse with me, and he's gonna need a home!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know who we write the cheque to, to send the deposit in? Is it just University of Illinois? Canadian over here, so not super familiar with how American universities deal with this stuff :p
Also if anyone has any good recommendations for a barn down there, I'm looking to move my horse with me, and he's gonna need a home!
The deposits should be written to University of Illinois :)

Congrats 2021 and welcome to UIUC! Two other super friendly vet students and I are looking for a nice/clean future roommate for our super cute 4 Bedroom, 2 bathroom house in Urbana on Orchard and Iowa Street (super nice/safe area!). There is a small, fenced in yard, and laundry in house. The house is located very close to the vet school (walkable), and also close to bus lines so you would be able to easily get to school with or without a car. Rent is $450 per person, plus utilities, which is a really good price for the house/neighborhood. It is pet friendly and we have room for one more adult, non-pet aggressive dog. We already have a super sweet Goldendoodle who will be living with us. Please message me if interested :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I mailed my deposit and information on April 1st. It doesn't say that they have deposited my check or anything like that in my bank account history. Should I call or email to make sure that they received it or would they rather we not do this?

So I mailed my deposit and information on April 1st. It doesn't say that they have deposited my check or anything like that in my bank account history. Should I call or email to make sure that they received it or would they rather we not do this?
Did you check with the ASA or did they deposit your check? Mine is not deposited either but I only sent it in last week.. still panicked a little bit.

Did you check with the ASA or did they deposit your check? Mine is not deposited either but I only sent it in last week.. still panicked a little bit.

Mine was deposited yesterday!

Reactions: 1 user
I have just been accepted to my IS (very unexpectedly and just days after my check here was cashed :dead:) Sadly, I am going to give up my seat here.. but hopefully that will open up a spot!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if UIUC has started sending out offers to waitlisters? They've been pretty late on everything else (understandably, but still), so I'm wondering if they've caught up enough to work through the waitlist at all. At least I haven't gotten an email from them saying they're not using the waitlist again this year, so that's something :)

Put my deposit down at Ross but hoping the waitlist here will start to move. Giving it until late May before I fully commit to Ross with plane tickets, etc. Hopefully if the waitlist moves someone will post about it so we at least know that. Still wish they would tell you your rank so we don't get our hopes too high.

Put my deposit down at Ross but hoping the waitlist here will start to move. Giving it until late May before I fully commit to Ross with plane tickets, etc. Hopefully if the waitlist moves someone will post about it so we at least know that. Still wish they would tell you your rank so we don't get our hopes too high.
Some places don't rank though. When they get spots open, they go back and look at all of the Waitlisted applicants again. Assuming Illinois does this, there wouldn't be a rank to tell you.

Some places don't rank though. When they get spots open, they go back and look at all of the Waitlisted applicants again. Assuming Illinois does this, there wouldn't be a rank to tell you.
Interesting! Seems like a lot of work for admissions lol I was under the impression that we were ranked but they were not able to tell us what our number was for whatever reason.

Interesting! Seems like a lot of work for admissions lol I was under the impression that we were ranked but they were not able to tell us what our number was for whatever reason.
Illinois may rank and just not give us our ranking, but I'm just saying some schools do not and they look back at everyone when they have to fill spots, so they don't have a rank to give people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Illinois does rank, they just don't give out individual rankings. They let me know my rank last year, but only because they didn't use the waitlist at all so it didn't matter.

I believe we do rank, they just don't give it out cause it's constantly changing.

Though there are merits to the non-ranking system. It definitely keeps the class balanced (so that not everyone is obsessively type A like my class, lol).

Does anyone know if UIUC has started sending out offers to waitlisters? They've been pretty late on everything else (understandably, but still), so I'm wondering if they've caught up enough to work through the waitlist at all. At least I haven't gotten an email from them saying they're not using the waitlist again this year, so that's something :)
My check is not deposited yet, which makes me nervous but it may be an indication that they are still going through the mails :)

Did the school say that we should hear from them in May or June? I'm nervously awaiting financial aid information. Loans loans and more loans...

My check is not deposited yet, which makes me nervous but it may be an indication that they are still going through the mails :)
I confirmed with them that they got my waitlist acceptance, so if I'm not hearing from them at least it's not because they never got my letter haha

Reactions: 1 users
Did the school say that we should hear from them in May or June? I'm nervously awaiting financial aid information. Loans loans and more loans...

May!

I honestly have no idea why I used an exclamation point looking back on that....

I took our midterm early today (everyone else is taking it tomorrow) and I'm now very derpy. I'm driving to Nebraska tomorrow for a wedding, so I can only imagine how much my derpiness will increase by Friday. Lol

I honestly have no idea why I used an exclamation point looking back on that....

I took our midterm early today (everyone else is taking it tomorrow) and I'm now very derpy. I'm driving to Nebraska tomorrow for a wedding, so I can only imagine how much my derpiness will increase by Friday. Lol
Just think....we could have been done with midterms by now

Just think....we could have been done with midterms by now

We're not even going to get me started on that rant. I... I just.... I get so angry. I'm going to be basically two weeks behind after this weekend.

Hi everyone! I just got a call from U of I letting me know that I was moved off the waitlist (OOS). I've already accepted a position at my IS so I declined the spot. Hopefully someone will get some good news soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I just got a call from U of I letting me know that I was moved off the waitlist (OOS). I've already accepted a position at my IS so I declined the spot. Hopefully someone will get some good news soon!
*anxiously stares at phone for the next 3 weeks*

I received a financial aid letter today! Does anyone know how I find my UIN??

It's taunting me! They gave us the notification but no way to access it... Gah:barf:

It's taunting me! They gave us the notification but no way to access it... Gah:barf:
Right?? I clicked on a bunch of links within links lol with no success!

I received a financial aid letter today! Does anyone know how I find my UIN??
I think it may come in another letter? I remember getting my financial aid but not being able to check it right away.

I think it may come in another letter? I remember getting my financial aid but not being able to check it right away.

Thanks for the reply! Do you remember how long it took to receive that letter? One of my friends who is a current student said it came in a welcome letter from the University.

Email. Also update: Tech services gave me my UIN and activation code!

Did you just email them or? I would love to get mine too!

Yep! They got back to me this morning, and sent me multiple emails today to help me. They tried to have me check myillini page, but we never made them so it doesn't work. They were very helpful though!

Yep! They got back to me this morning, and sent me multiple emails today to help me. They tried to have me check myillini page, but we never made them so it doesn't work. They were very helpful though!
Thank you!!

I haven't heard anything yet :/
I can't tell if it just happens that people at the very top of the IS waitlist aren't on SDN, or if they haven't started the IS waitlist yet for some reason, which would be weird but I wouldn't put it past UIUC..

I'd give serious consideration to tattooing my waitlist rank number on me if that actually meant knowing...:bag:

I can't tell if it just happens that people at the very top of the IS waitlist aren't on SDN, or if they haven't started the IS waitlist yet for some reason, which would be weird but I wouldn't put it past UIUC..
It's pretty typical for any school's IS waitlist to not move much, especially this early. My class had one or two ISers make it off the waitlist just a few weeks before classes started. Most ISers will accept their IS school's offer.

It's pretty typical for any school's IS waitlist to not move much, especially this early. My class had one or two ISers make it off the waitlist just a few weeks before classes started. Most ISers will accept their IS school's offer.
That's true, I just figured we'd hear that at least one person made it off.

Any current students: would you mind sharing how the OOS tuition has changed over the last few years? I know Illinois does not lock tuition, so I wasn't sure if someone would be willing to give me a good idea about it. Thanks!

Any current students: would you mind sharing how the OOS tuition has changed over the last few years? I know Illinois does not lock tuition, so I wasn't sure if someone would be willing to give me a good idea about it. Thanks!
I got married and am now considered in-state, but for the first two years they both were 45k-ish for the year. I think it went up a few thousand between first and second year, but I honestly don't remember. I can't tell you how much it'll be this upcoming year as I pay in-state now. Hopefully it hasn't increased too much.

I paid just over 50k this year

The school has a pretty cool tuition calculator: University of Illinois Cost
which could also be used to check tuitions in the past several years! Looks like it did not increase very much.

Does anyone know how we enroll in classes? I see that you can do it on the website but I am not a current U of I student, so I don't have an email or log in information to get into the system. I'm sure it's still super early... I'm just excited :)

Does anyone know how we enroll in classes? I see that you can do it on the website but I am not a current U of I student, so I don't have an email or log in information to get into the system. I'm sure it's still super early... I'm just excited :)
You should get more information during the summer, but there is this Enterprise Self Service system thing we use. It's the same portal you use to check financial aid.

OOS here, Accepted off the alternate list on Friday 4/21 and insanely excited ! :clap:

Reactions: 5 users