University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Acceptance before 10 minutes! But I'm still waiting for an offer from Minnesota! I hope you all have good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all of you coming in the fall! I love UIUC and the area in general and can answer some questions you may have. Especially restaurants, we have SO MANY around.

Chambana is a wonderful area and I want to help you all enjoy it!

Has anyone received their UIN number yet? I am eager to get on parking waitlists.
I called them today and was able to get on the waitlist without a UIN number, just as a “visitor”

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My daughter's not on this forum but I've been sharing all of your info with her for a few months.

She got a call about 40 minutes ago taking her off the waitlist! She's OOS and accepted. :happy:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just made the difficult to decision to decline my offer. Hope that seat goes to someone who really wants it!

• Care
Visiting Illinois this weekend from Ohio! Any suggestions on fun things to do and places to eat?

I *love* Seven Saints 😍
There's an Axe Throwing bar just down the street now too! We also have an independent bookstore/wine bar called The Literary. Very interesting place.

I would also recommend The Blind Pig! It's a very fun pub with the best cider.

Le Peep is tasty for breakfast, Jarling’s for ice cream, El Toro is good for Mexican (I’ve only been to the one on Fields S Drive), and I like 7 Saints too but also like Baxter’s (I’ve gotten a steak there a couple times and it was tasty) and I went to Big Grove Tavern once or twice with my parents and it was also tasty. I wasn’t someone who super frequently would go out to eat, so I didn’t eat at a lot of the local restaurants 😂

I called them today and was able to get on the waitlist without a UIN number, just as a “visitor”
Just tried calling and they would not let me get on any parking waitlist without a UIN. I said I spoke to someone that was able to get on as a visitor and they said that shouldn’t have happened lol. The lady on the phone was not the nicest lol

The lady on the phone was not the nicest lol
I had some ridiculous issues with parking that involved going to the office and everything. The absolute worst experience of going to Illinois was dealing with the parking department. 😡

• Wow
Just tried calling and they would not let me get on any parking waitlist without a UIN. I said I spoke to someone that was able to get on as a visitor and they said that shouldn’t have happened lol. The lady on the phone was not the nicest lol
Oof I guess I just got lucky ): hopefully we will get our ids soon

Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys go to the “Getting Started at Illinois” email your UIN is there! I called parking and they said I didn’t have an account for some reason but she was able to put me on the list anyway with my info!

If you guys go to the “Getting Started at Illinois” email your UIN is there! I called parking and they said I didn’t have an account for some reason but she was able to put me on the list anyway with my info!
I never got that email. Only the acceptance email that doesn’t have any info in it

How important is it to get housing right away? One of my friends is looking now and called 4 different apartments and they were all full already

How important is it to get housing right away? One of my friends is looking now and called 4 different apartments and they were all full already

Do you happen to know which apartments said they were already full? I need to start looking too.

I contacted admissions and they said

"We are still currently contacting waitlisted applicants in order to finalize our roster for the Class of 2027. Additional information will be sent out to all admitted students once the selection is completed hopefully by the end of next week."

I was able to find my UIN with some digging but it's not activated so I can't do anything with it.

Had an amazing time visiting and signed a lease! So excited for August!

Parking question… I feel like this is a dumb question but I’m confused… Where do we park if we don’t get off the waitlist for a lot?

Parking question… I feel like this is a dumb question but I’m confused… Where do we park if we don’t get off the waitlist for a lot?
There are other lots around campus potentially, plus the bus, but it takes a lot more time to get anywhere.

F30 is very easy to get a spot in (street parking on Lincoln) as long as you buy a parking pass relatively soon after they start selling them. That one you generally do not need to waitlist for. If you get to school a tad later in the morning, you’ll have to park pretty far up Lincoln away from the school though, but still before the next big street (Florida). If you get there 15-20 min before classes start, usually you don’t have much of an issue getting a spot a bit closer to BSB on Lincoln. I don’t remember if you can waitlist for 2 lots, but F24 street parking on hazelwood is nice(super close to wildlife and the VTH/3rd year classroom and not a terrible walk to BSB. I def preferred that over Lincoln street parking and for 3rd/4th, tbh preferred it over the big lot), F32 is a lot across the street from the big lot and is nice because it’s not parallel parking, but F27 is the big lot.
Whatever lot you end up with, just don’t park at a meter (unless you pay the meter) and make sure you’re not over your space markings. I was a tad too far back and was in the solid yellow curb paint (last space in the row and the yellow is the “no parking zone”) literally 3 inches and got a parking ticket 🙃 thankfully, first ticket every 365 days (pretty sure it’s a full year and not less) is free 🙌🏼

I don’t remember if you can waitlist for 2 lots, but F24 street parking on hazelwood is nice(super close to wildlife and the VTH/3rd year classroom and not a terrible walk to BSB.
You can! Two is the maximum you can be on a waitlist for. I got on the waitlists last year as soon as I could and was pulled off one of them prior to classes starting.

When do they start selling parking passes?
Mid-July roughly. I think I sually the parking website will say they’re available in their little news/announcements section and often people will post on the class page that they’re available too. If you try to log into the system now, you’ll be given an option to buy a pass for THIS school year, but it won’t show 23-24 for a couple months

You can! Two is the maximum you can be on a waitlist for. I got on the waitlists last year as soon as I could and was pulled off one of them prior to classes starting.
Excellent. I kind of thought I had been on both F24 and 27 at the same time 😂 I know I got off the F24 list october of 1st year and I liked it so much more than Lincoln. I don’t remember if I waitlisted that one at the same time as f27 or if I found out closer to school starting/just after it started about that lot. I’m sure it’s a bit harder to get a space on hazelwood now since wildlife is no longer in the vth and all and people have realized hazelwood is prime 😂

Excellent. I kind of thought I had been on both F24 and 27 at the same time 😂 I know I got off the F24 list october of 1st year and I liked it so much more than Lincoln. I don’t remember if I waitlisted that one at the same time as f27 or if I found out closer to school starting/just after it started about that lot. I’m sure it’s a bit harder to get a space on hazelwood now since wildlife is no longer in the vth and all and people have realized hazelwood is prime 😂
I'm not sure they've caught on yet. I didnt think to mention it yesterday, but F24 and F27 were the waitlists I signed up for. Honestly I think I got off F24 before orientation even started. I agree that it's great.

I'm not sure they've caught on yet. I didnt think to mention it yesterday, but F24 and F27 were the waitlists I signed up for. Honestly I think I got off F24 before orientation even started. I agree that it's great.
It’s so dang nice. I did ambassadors so hazelwood was incredibly convenient for that

Is anyone else riding the struggle bus trying to find housing or am I just being indecisive?

Is anyone else riding the struggle bus trying to find housing or am I just being indecisive?
If you’re wanting to live with people, I’d def post on the free and for sale page! Sometimes people even have landlords that have other properties that are still available they’ll post about

Parking info/story from current first year!

I knew parking would be an issue so I got on the waitlist for F30 and F27 the second I got my UIN, sometimes last April. I got pulled off in June for F30, which means I had to purchase the prorated pass for the remaining month and a half or get knocked to the bottom of the waitlist. So that was an extra $160 on top of the now $720 for an annual pass. All parking lot prices are the same. I am still on the waitlist for F27 and added myself to F24 and there has not been any movement. Kind of wishing I'd picked F32 because somehow I've gotten WORSE at parallel parking over the past year but I'm not changing it now 😂

People who did not buy parking passes until they arrived in August had to pick from the remaining lots, of which there are very few, but the closest is F23. I think a few people got pulled off the waitlist for F30 after the first of the year but honestly not that many and I wouldn't count on it. Anyone who wanted a parking pass is able to get one just not in their preferred lot. A lot of people carpool, with roommates or other people from their complex (I think the Village packs in). And you can add multiple license plates to one pass so you can rotate who drives, as long as there's only one car parked at once.

Conversation about cost: I know $720 is INSANE but you do really need a parking pass, if not just to be on the waitlists so you have a close place by clinicals. Some people do bike or take the bus, but the direct line comes from the Union so you have to go there first and transfer. Personally I don't find it ideal, and I live out in SW Champaign (which is apparently considered far?? I didn't think a 4 mile commute was far after my previous 20 mile but that's the feedback I've gotten 😂). This year there was a huge parking survey and our reps brought cost up to the dean, who was apparently unaware how much we were paying. There's been at least one meeting with the parking department to find a solution, since we're already poor vet students anyway and the majority of people who park in these lots are only affiliated with the vet school. Of course, that will move slowly, but know it's on the table.

TL;DR 😂😂 get on waitlists for F30/F24/F32 and F27, can settle for F23 if need be. $720.

This year there was a huge parking survey and our reps brought cost up to the dean, who was apparently unaware how much we were paying.
AFAIK Foreman is aware it’s expensive (I assume you’re talking about constable?) and has actively tried to do something about it and gotten pushback from the parking department/university about it for years 🙃🙃🙃

AFAIK Foreman is aware it’s expensive (I assume you’re talking about constable?) and has actively tried to do something about it and gotten pushback from the parking department/university about it for years 🙃🙃🙃
I think they met with Dean Constable and the parking dept, but don't quote me on it. It just keeps going up - I guess last year was $660 and it jumped to $720. Since faculty get it deducted from their pay no one was supposedly aware. As you know, nothing moves quickly here! 😂

I think they met with Dean Constable and the parking dept, but don't quote me on it. It just keeps going up - I guess last year was $660 and it jumped to $720. Since faculty get it deducted from their pay no one was supposedly aware. As you know, nothing moves quickly here! 😂
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if constable didn’t know but I know foreman has tried multiple times over the years and gotten pushback. He also had 2 of his kids graduate vet school there (and one was in my class in 2022) and I know his younger daughter was definitely fairly vocal to him about **** like this

Thank you for all the parking advice! I got on the waitlists for F24 and F27. I'm assuming I won't get off F24 by August, so does that mean I will be able to get whatever lot is available when I buy my permit and then change when I get off the list?

Does anyone have any experience with The Linc (aka One Illinois) apartments? I like the idea of being assigned roommates because I won't know anyone, and it connects to the bus to vet med, which would be nice in bad weather. I don't know if the area is sketchy though. The only place I visited in person was the Village, and I liked it but it was in a whole different area of town so it's hard to compare...

Thank you for all the parking advice! I got on the waitlists for F24 and F27. I'm assuming I won't get off F24 by August, so does that mean I will be able to get whatever lot is available when I buy my permit and then change when I get off the list?
Yes! You buy your permit when they go up for sale for 2023-24 (usually Lincoln F30) and then whenever you get pulled from the waitlist, the parking dept emails you to tell you where to start parking. You may have to email back and accept the spot, I cannot remember.

Does anyone have any experience with The Linc (aka One Illinois) apartments?
I don’t have personal experience living there, but I know they are very much geared towards students and mostly undergrad students (which is why they do roommate matching) so you have a higher chance that you would be with loud undergrads, either in your apartment or in your same building.

So me and a few other incoming vet students are hoping to live in the village at Colbert, but the lease doesn’t start until august 18. From what I’ve seen, first year orientation stuff starts a week before classes, so that would be the 14th. The apartment place said there was no way to move in earlier. Has anyone dealt with this before and what did you do?

So me and a few other incoming vet students are hoping to live in the village at Colbert, but the lease doesn’t start until august 18. From what I’ve seen, first year orientation stuff starts a week before classes, so that would be the 14th. The apartment place said there was no way to move in earlier. Has anyone dealt with this before and what did you do?
I’m running into the same issue, with the same question

I’m running into the same issue, with the same question

I also ran into this issue and ultimately just had to avoid those places. I’ve been told they do it on purpose to deter students. Orientation is the 17th and 18th so that would be extremely stressful to try to move the weekend before classes imo

Does anyone have any experience with The Linc (aka One Illinois) apartments? I like the idea of being assigned roommates because I won't know anyone, and it connects to the bus to vet med, which would be nice in bad weather. I don't know if the area is sketchy though. The only place I visited in person was the Village, and I liked it but it was in a whole different area of town so it's hard to compare...
Make sure you check out the document that should have been emailed to you from our class rep! I think it's also linked on your class Facebook page. They worked really hard getting info from students about places they liked and didn't like and I remember One/The Linc being on there and it wasn't super great.

UPDATE: here's the link 2023 Vet Med Housing Feedback

Last edited:
I also ran into this issue and ultimately just had to avoid those places. I’ve been told they do it on purpose to deter students. Orientation is the 17th and 18th so that would be extremely stressful to try to move the weekend before classes imo
Did you find any nice places that weren’t too expensive? I’m paying OOS tuition, so I feel like I have to keep my rent as low as I can, so that makes the search harder.

Did you find any nice places that weren’t too expensive? I’m paying OOS tuition, so I feel like I have to keep my rent as low as I can, so that makes the search harder.

I’m also OOS so I get that! Luckily I’ll be sharing rent with my bf, but we went with an apartment from Kellner properties. We also toured some houses from RDI properties and they seemed nice with rents ~$1300

My class had this issue too. Give them a call and explain why you need to move in earlier. Our orientation started August 16th and I was able to negotiate moving in August 13th. A decent amount of my class lived there first year, so if enough people complain they should let you lol. Definitely not true that there’s no way around it though. Personally I did not have a good experience with them (and I only lived there for 4 months) you really have to fight management to get them to do anything.

Also there are tons of places that are just as nice and cheap! I lived alone and paid less in rent for a 3 bedroom house with a fenced in yard than I did at the village. A lot of people like the pointe, stone ridge square, the courtyards, and fairlawn village. There’s definitely others, I would ask on the Illinois Vet Med Free and For Sale page on FB (also a good place to find rentals. I rented from Neves Property Management first year and had a good experience with them.

Just called to get on the waitlist. They put me on for F30 and F32. I would call ASAP because F24 and F27 have already been filled up