Illinois C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As much as I would love to hear today because this constant anxiety is becoming annoying, I don't think we will. I think they took the full 10 days last year which for us would be on Thursday. Either way, y'all are amazing for getting this far. 💗

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an email. Did they only send out OOS acceptances?

OOS alternative, gonna be leaving my spot for Ohio State

OOS waitlist, I'll probably be declining for my 1 actual acceptance

OOS acceptance, probably gonna be declining for my IS though!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think IS is hearing today. I hope it's tomorrow at least

Congratulations to all of you! This is crazy! I'm so excited to meet you all this fall and thank you to @battie and @SkiOtter for being so helpful! You guys really helped ease my worries during this process 🥰

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get an accidental acceptance email followed up 30 mins later with an apology? 😐

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I got an email saying I was accepted, then one later on saying I was waitlisted. That’s cruel. And it was my last option. I feel so defeated, discouraged, I just don’t know what to do anymore.

• Care
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! I’ve literally been crying for over an hour, I can’t wait to meet everyone EEEEKKK AHHHH!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS accepted! I am genuinely so surprised, that was the WORST interview I've ever had lol. I will be declining this seat, good luck to those on the WL!

• Love
OOS acceptance! This was my last decision of the cycle!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!

Normal curriculum classes like anatomy/physiology are normal grade scale, electives are pass/fail!

There are some electives that are P/F. But lots are graded on letters. Classes are graded on letters with no +/- (80-90% = B)

To add, you get a single grade for the core courses per quarter, unless it has changed since I graduated. So anatomy, physiology, imaging, histology were all one grade.

To add, you get a single grade for the core courses per quarter, unless it has changed since I graduated. So anatomy, physiology, imaging, histology were all one grade.

Can confirm it’s still like this

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!! Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone on the waitlist. I was on the waitlist both cycles I applied and received the phone call pulling me from it 1 week after the acceptance deadline while I was at work. If they’re doing file reviews this year, definitely see about getting one set up to prepare yourself if you need to apply next cycle

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! I’m OOS accepted from NC state! Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know of any pages (like on Instagram, etc.) that can help with getting to know other admitted students? I literally don’t know a soul going to Illinois but would love the opportunity to meet others and possibly find a roommate(s)! Please reach out if interested/ you know anything!!

Hey everyone! I’m OOS accepted from NC state! Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know of any pages (like on Instagram, etc.) that can help with getting to know other admitted students? I literally don’t know a soul going to Illinois but would love the opportunity to meet others and possibly find a roommate(s)! Please reach out if interested/ you know anything!!
Past years had class facebook pages; my class is still relatively active with posting cases. May just need some time for someone to get it set up because it's generally someone like the class president from the class above that sets it up.

Here is a Facebook group some of vet med uses for roommates

If you look up vet med free and for sale this group also has some housing information in it as well!

SAVMA will send something to accepted students about a Facebook group for your class but here is a great start to find roommates and housing suggestions.

Declining my OOS seat. Best of luck to those on the waitlist. It’s my opinion that they ought to give preference to those who received the erroneous email. That sucks and my heart goes out to you.

Declining my OOS seat as well! Best of luck to everyone and my dearest condolences to those affected by the email issue! I can’t even imagine what that must feel like🩵

do our scrubs have to be a certain color?
Unless they’ve changed things recently, nope! I even wore Mickey Mouse scrub tops during 4th year from time to time. I think they did have a specific color for coveralls that they started more recently than my 1st year (so it didn’t apply to my class) but scrubs are whatever you want as long as there’s no company logos (like vet clinics, frontline, heartgard, etc. scrub brand logos are fine) on them. Logo kind are likely fine for anatomy lab though, since you’re wearing pretty much whatever you want and don’t even *have* to wear scrubs (though I def recommend it because my scrubs always smelled like formaldehyde afterwards).

Unless they’ve changed things recently, nope! I even wore Mickey Mouse scrub tops during 4th year from time to time. I think they did have a specific color for coveralls that they started more recently than my 1st year (so it didn’t apply to my class) but scrubs are whatever you want as long as there’s no company logos (like vet clinics, frontline, heartgard, etc. scrub brand logos are fine) on them. Logo kind are likely fine for anatomy lab though, since you’re wearing pretty much whatever you want and don’t even *have* to wear scrubs (though I def recommend it because my scrubs always smelled like formaldehyde afterwards).
thank you!!!

Does anyone know if I can eventually become an instate student at University of Illinois veterinary school?

Does anyone know if I can eventually become an instate student at University of Illinois veterinary school?
It's extremely difficult for single people. You essentially have to make the difference between IS and OOS tuition as income to be able to qualify. So people with working spouses can get it done by second year. Since it's likely they will make more than. 25k/year.

However, I only know of one person who was single who did it. She bought and built up a horse stable out in St. Joe's, which is a smaller area around Champaign. She became IS at the beginning of second semester her second year.

To get the most accurate information you should contact the registrar. It is not easy at all to get in-state at Illinois. During my Undergrad I did get in-state my 3rd-5th years, but I also married an Illinois resident and had bought a house giving me strong ties to the community. But again that was during Undergrad.

Just declined my OOS acceptance – hope that opens up a seat for someone else! :)

Hi all. I'm a former vet student who is desperately trying to sublease/mutually terminate my apartment at "The Village at Colbert Park". For those of you who are incoming vet students, a lot of other vet students live here with their classmates. The unit that I'm subleasing currently has 3 vet students and is a 4-bedroom/4.5-bathroom apartment. It is pet friendly with a $490 monthly rent (not including utilities) with a lease that ends in July of 2025.
If you're interested, please direct message me. I've been trying to sublease this unit for the past few months without success after I had to withdraw from the DVM program due to unforeseen circumstances. Thank you.

Any recommendations on housing for this upcoming year? I have looked at The Pointe and The Village. Thank you in advance!

Any recommendations on housing for this upcoming year? I have looked at The Pointe and The Village. Thank you in advance!
I honestly enjoyed Hessel on the Park the most. The Village was my worst experience.