University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS waitlist. First time applicant with 3.95 GPA and 120 shadowing hours

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they start taking people off the waitlist before April 15th or only after?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if U of Illinois does an info day or an accepted student day? I'd like to visit the school before I fully commit to it, and don't want to take a tour over spring break if there's going to be a student day later in the spring.
Hi! Current student here :) we did not have an accepted student day, however I am one of our student ambassadors that gives tours! 2nd years take our OSCE’s next week and 3rd years after spring break. We had a ton of tour requests come in recently, but most of us will be around during spring break to give tours (even during symposium though it may be a little hectic)

Does anyone know if they start taking people off the waitlist before April 15th or only after?
They will only take people off the waitlist before the deadline if they are not expecting to fill the class based on the number of early declines from accepted students and have less offers out than available seats.

Finally got the official rejection (aka not off interview wait-list) email. So that's done.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
anyone know if they have/when financial aid packages are sent out?

Do we know if we receive a physical letter in the mail? They did things differently this year like the online deposit.

Do we know if we receive a physical letter in the mail? They did things differently this year like the online deposit.
An acceptance letter? In the past they have. Looks like last year I got that mid March, but I had likely already paid my deposit online by then

I am in the process of filing my FAFSA and am hoping to get my parents information so I can be considered for LDS and HPSL loans. I understand that I have to supply my parents information on my FAFSA form, but does anyone know if my parents need to fill out their own form as well?

When I was in undergrad, my dad created a FAFSA account because we needed a parent plus loan, but I am not sure how much this differs for veterinary school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the process of looking at potential apartments near the vet school. I went through a few threads from previous years and I'm interested in the Village at Colbert Park, but it looks like the bus stop by the complex isn't serviced by a route that goes to the vet school - can anyone tell me if that's correct? I checked with the office there and they said that their private shuttle only goes to the main campus. I like the apartments at the Village, but I'd love to be somewhere where public transport is an option on bad weather days. Is there anywhere on the bus line that is similar in amenities/price? I'm fine with roommates (would actually love to be around other vet students) and I will have a cat with me, so it needs to be pet friendly.

It’s not furnished like The Village is, but I lived at Windsor West in SW Champaign and it was nice and allows pets. I know that there is a bus stop right outside the complex, but you would have to transfer buses at least once (and I believe would need to for most places not directly in the center of campus since vetmed only has 1 bus line that goes to it) so you would need to account for a lot of extra travel time.
I know there is some UIUC grad/family housing on campus near vet med, but I don’t know what their pet policies are.

I'd love to be somewhere where public transport is an option on bad weather days.
I would recommend going backwards to find housing then. Look up the bus line map and follow along the "black" or "raven" line as that's the direct line to and from vet med. Figure out where you'll have to transfer from places. When I lived at the Village, it would have taken 1.5 hours by bus one way to get to vet med.

Tbh, no matter where you live, it will still be faster to drive to vet med on bad weather days than to take the bus. The furthest you'll live is maybe 3-5 miles (unless your place was farther than I thought @SkiOtter ), and the city is pretty decent about plowing (campus is another story 🙄).

I would recommend going backwards to find housing then. Look up the bus line map and follow along the "black" or "raven" line as that's the direct line to and from vet med. Figure out where you'll have to transfer from places. When I lived at the Village, it would have taken 1.5 hours by bus one way to get to vet med.

Tbh, no matter where you live, it will still be faster to drive to vet med on bad weather days than to take the bus. The furthest you'll live is maybe 3-5 miles (unless your place was farther than I thought @SkiOtter ), and the city is pretty decent about plowing (campus is another story 🙄).
I was about 5.5 miles so not too much further than your range. Also do you mean the place or am I the one misremembering where you lived😂

I was about 5.5 miles so not too much further than your range. Also do you mean the place or am I the one misremembering where you lived😂
Honestly both cause they're both on the yellow line 😂

Any other alternates receive the email about being issued an ID number? Did you get an email containing your ID number?

Got the email about another email being sent but didn’t get the original email with the ID number🙃

Hi everyone! I just went on a tour of the vet school and was told by ASA that loan packages will be sent this coming week! They also said most scholarships go to 2nd-4th year rather than 1st years.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they usually update the accepted students page?

I just declined my OOS seat today due to accepting a seat at another program. Hope one of you on the waitlist gets good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my OOS seat due to cost - good luck to everyone on the waitlists!❤️

Does anyone know when they usually update the accepted students page?
Last year, it was... A long time. Honestly probably June sometime. It's a really good reference and you'll need it for things like Big Sib/Little Sib and some other stuff. LOTS of current students will sell their textbooks for cheap before the semester starts, so don't panic about that. Whenever you can, get your Illinois email set up and also on a parking wait-list! Those were my top two priorities. Otherwise just keep an eye on the page and you'll see things pop up.

Also, Class of 2027 does have a Facebook page set up!

Last year, it was... A long time. Honestly probably June sometime. It's a really good reference and you'll need it for things like Big Sib/Little Sib and some other stuff. LOTS of current students will sell their textbooks for cheap before the semester starts, so don't panic about that. Whenever you can, get your Illinois email set up and also on a parking wait-list! Those were my top two priorities. Otherwise just keep an eye on the page and you'll see things pop up.

Also, Class of 2027 does have a Facebook page set up!
Thank you for this information!

I know this has been asked before but I’m antsy lol. Has anyone gotten their acceptance packet by snail mail yet? (And also if they’ve decided not to send them lmk too)I keep checking my mailbox at my school and I’m worried it’s going to arrive here after I graduate and leave.

I know this has been asked before but I’m antsy lol. Has anyone gotten their acceptance packet by snail mail yet? (And also if they’ve decided not to send them lmk too)I keep checking my mailbox at my school and I’m worried it’s going to arrive here after I graduate and leave.
I don't remember getting a packet last year. It was literally just the emailed acceptance in printed form.

Anyone know when we should be getting our financial aid package?

I got mine on 3/28. I think you have to set up the email and stuff if you haven’t done that already.
Odd - I've done that and I haven't received mine yet. I did my FAFSA back in January.

Is today the day they start pulling people off the alternate list?

Is today the day they start pulling people off the alternate list?
Unless the class is overfull, you won't here for several days. The request to claim an acceptance is required to be post-marked by today. So people could mail their acceptance paperwork today and still get the seat

Unless the class is overfull, you won't here for several days. The request to claim an acceptance is required to be post-marked by today. So people could mail their acceptance paperwork today and still get the seat
Apparently it’s an online deposit now and we’ve become outdated 🥲

• Haha
  • Care
JUST GOT IN OFF THE IS WAITLIST!!! so surprised and excited! :)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS acceptance! Will be declining though so good luck everyone!

Pretty sure I got in off the waitlist but I missed the call and they didn’t answer when I called back 😬💀 (I’ll be declining it though because I just accepted my offer at LIU).

Got a call a few hours ago that I was accepted off the waitlist :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got the call off the waitlist at 4 pm yesterday!! OOS -- I wish the best of luck to everyone else anxiously waiting!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure I got in off the waitlist but I missed the call and they didn’t answer when I called back 😬💀 (I’ll be declining it though because I just accepted my offer at LIU).
OOS acceptance! Missed another call this morning because I was asleep but finally answered the third one and got the offer.

Has anyone received their UIN number yet? I am eager to get on parking waitlists.