University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS waitlisted :( letter went to permanent address

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no letter in MI. This is killing me. Even went as far to email vmcas for a pdf of my application to make sure my address was correct lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the address in which we are supposed to send our deposit? They did not exclusively say in the email or the letter, so I want to make sure I am correct. So excited! I revisited the campus with my mother today, and we both felt it was the right place for me!

Does anyone know the address in which we are supposed to send our deposit? They did not exclusively say in the email or the letter, so I want to make sure I am correct. So excited! I revisited the campus with my mother today, and we both felt it was the right place for me!

Were you guys able to get a tour?

Waitlisted in Illinois here :/

I'm sorry, broski. I was pulling for ya! Don't give up hope. This year won't be like the last one!

did any of you who were OOS waitlisted get the email with the subject "matriculation into the class of 2021" ? I'm away from my mailbox on spring break and this email makes me feel like I might have gotten in. They won't tell me over the phone and they won't email me! Best of luck to you guys moving up on that wait list.

I just got accepted to UIUC CVM class of 2021! I'm out of state.. YAY! who is definitely going?

Reactions: 2 users
Still nothing here in South Florida....I'm starting to get really worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did any of you who were OOS waitlisted get the email with the subject "matriculation into the class of 2021" ? I'm away from my mailbox on spring break and this email makes me feel like I might have gotten in. They won't tell me over the phone and they won't email me! Best of luck to you guys moving up on that wait list.

The email I received had instructions on sending in the deposit (I am accepted) and I think they would only ask accepted students to send in the deposit!

The email I received had instructions on sending in the deposit (I am accepted) and I think they would only ask accepted students to send in the deposit!

I called them and they said that they sent that to everyone, but I'm not sure I believe them haha. If someone OOS waitlisted got it, then I will!

Can any current students remember when you received your estimated financial aid package? Was it after sending in your deposit and April 15th or do they give you the information to aid in your decision?

Waitlisted IS, letter went to current address in IN. I am surprisingly okay with this, probably because I have had myself convinced I was waitlisted since Wednesday lol. I am going to wait it out for a while and see if I get called off the waitlist, otherwise I will be attending either Missouri or LMU (probably Missouri). Good job to everyone, whether you were accepted or not! We all know how hard we worked just to get an interview, so we should be very proud. ;):clap::nod:

Anyone happen to know if they start calling people off the waitlist before the April 15th deadline?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Waitlisted:(

I'm sorry Ski. Maybe they were more conservative this year with acceptances and it very well may have a chance of moving!! Are they a school they allows you to find out your position? ALL my good thoughts and vibes are going to you.

Waitlisted IS, letter went to current address in IN. I am surprisingly okay with this, probably because I have had myself convinced I was waitlisted since Wednesday lol. I am going to wait it out for a while and see if I get called off the waitlist, otherwise I will be attending either Missouri or LMU (probably Missouri). Good job to everyone, whether you were accepted or not! We all know how hard we worked just to get an interview, so we should be very proud. ;):clap::nod:

Anyone happen to know if they start calling people off the waitlist before the April 15th deadline?
It's possible, but not usually. Dr foreman said if they only had so many acceptances by the beginning of March they'd start calling, but the bulk, if not all, of the waitlist calls will be after the deadline

Still haven't gotten a letter in SC or IN, but definitely preparing myself for it to be a waitlist or a rejection.

Waitlisted in MI. Is there any way to find out how high or low you are on the waitlist??

Waitlisted in MI. Is there any way to find out how high or low you are on the waitlist??
No, they don't tell you your rank.

Highly unlikely, since all schools wait until a few days after April 15th for the mail to give them all acceptances postmarked appropriately. Just FYI, I had a classmate join the class like a week before classes started. She took the spot of someone who made it off his IS waitlist. waitlist movement for IS and OOS definitely happens, but it's unpredictable.
Can any current students remember when you received your estimated financial aid package? Was it after sending in your deposit and April 15th or do they give you the information to aid in your decision?
My memory is foggy, but maybe June or so? Your first loan is disbursed just before classes start, so keep that in mind when it comes to deposits for your leases. You don't see the info unless you accept.

Still haven't heard. I will call Tuesday if I still haven't gotten anything by then!

Do you think there is any way a Facebook group could be set up that's just for the class of 2021? It would be nice to just have a place to get to know/ socialize with the class of 2021 that's not overwhelmed with older students apartment roommate hunting/ selling stuff. The current group is very nice and useful! Just kinda hoping to get to know people more in my class.

Do you think there is any way a Facebook group could be set up that's just for the class of 2021? It would be nice to just have a place to get to know/ socialize with the class of 2021 that's not overwhelmed with older students apartment roommate hunting/ selling stuff. The current group is very nice and useful! Just kinda hoping to get to know people more in my class.

We set ours up when our class rep was chosen about halfway through first quarter. If you want, you could probably make a post about getting to know everyone and send a message to the admins to make it a pinned post.

There really is no point in doing it now when your class is no where near finalized, but it will happen. Each class has a private, invite-only FB group where you can talk among yourselves without other classes involved. If someone doesn't do it by August, set it up yourself. Just be sure it's private and non-searchable.

How much money do we typically need/use for rent, living expenses, etc. I lived at home for undergrad so I have no idea how much people normally get for living expenses through loans.

How much money do we typically need/use for rent, living expenses, etc. I lived at home for undergrad so I have no idea how much people normally get for living expenses through loans.
Rent: depends on what kind of set up you pick. One bedrooms are anywhere from $700-1000/month, and depending on how many roommates you can find/the number of bedrooms in a house, you can get as low as $300 a month.
Living expenses: depends on your lifestyle. Some people spend a good chunk of change for going out drinking/partying, others don't. some people have a lot of pet expenses (me, because I have 4 animals). Some people have no pets. Others get a lot of takeout. You get the drift.

I would sketch out a rough budget of how much you think you might spend and go from there. With loans, you can return what you don't use. You may/may not get charged interest on what you return, I think it just depends on how soon you return the excess after the disbursement.

Rent: depends on what kind of set up you pick. One bedrooms are anywhere from $700-1000/month, and depending on how many roommates you can find/the number of bedrooms in a house, you can get as low as $300 a month.
Living expenses: depends on your lifestyle. Some people spend a good chunk of change for going out drinking/partying, others don't. some people have a lot of pet expenses (me, because I have 4 animals). Some people have no pets. Others get a lot of takeout. You get the drift.

I would sketch out a rough budget of how much you think you might spend and go from there. With loans, you can return what you don't use. You may/may not get charged interest on what you return, I think it just depends on how soon you return the excess after the disbursement.

Okay, my husband is moving with me, but he will be working. We were budgeting for me to get around 800/month in financial assistance for living costs/rent. I guess I just wasn't sure how much money you can actually get or if there was a set limit set by the people who give the loans.

Okay, my husband is moving with me, but he will be working. We were budgeting for me to get around 800/month in financial assistance for living costs/rent. I guess I just wasn't sure how much money you can actually get or if there was a set limit set by the people who give the loans.
You will get the exact dollar amount that the school estimates you will need for tuition and cost of living. You can play around: https://cost.illinois.edu/

If you need significantly less than that, you either edit your financial aid package when you receive notice it has been finalized (July-ish) or you just return the excess.

You will get the exact dollar amount that the school estimates you will need for tuition and cost of living. You can play around: https://cost.illinois.edu/

If you need significantly less than that, you either edit your financial aid package when you receive notice it has been finalized (July-ish) or you just return the excess.
Thank you!!

Any ideas for rentals that allow multiple pets? My fiance and I have 2 dogs (35 and 60lbs, not "aggressive breeds"), 2 cats, and a bunny (cage confined). I know it's going to be a struggle...

Any ideas for rentals that allow multiple pets? My fiance and I have 2 dogs (35 and 60lbs, not "aggressive breeds"), 2 cats, and a bunny (cage confined). I know it's going to be a struggle...
I have 2 dogs and 3 cats so I know your struggle. My current landlord doesn't care as long as they don't destroy anything. It's Rector Realty. I don't know if he has anything available though.

Does anyone know if U of I offers any type of file review? Just trying to get a head start on next year!

Does anyone know if U of I offers any type of file review? Just trying to get a head start on next year!
They do! I'm not sure when they start though. Last year since they closed the waitlist immediately they offered file reviews right after the deadline, but they might do it later when they finalize the class, if they keep it open this year.

CCR is another company that has specifically told me that they don't care about how many pets you have. I also have a rabbit, as strange as it may seem, most landlords cringe at the word. The Village and a few other landlords completely ban them.
I don't remember the timeline of when you start scheduling your file review, but U of I's file review with me after my first attempt was by far the most helpful file review out of the 5 schools I applied to. I spent over an hour on the phone with Dr. Foreman himself discussing my application and what steps I should take before reapplying.

Edit: Back to landlords though...I personally would ask any landlord to specify in the official lease document that they recognize and approve of the pets (type and number) that you have. A verbal agreement isn't enough to go on when it comes to risking pets being kicked out, especially if you're dealing with multiple people/a realty office. It happened to my roommates and I both years we've been here. Granted, it was an apartment complex with college students in the office, but just insist that the pet addendum mentions exactly what animals you will have. If the landlord signs that lease and tries any funny business, you'll have a better chance of protecting yourself and your pets.

Last edited:
@pinkpuppy9 thanks so much this will be helpful! I'm feeling discouraged but don't want to give up quite yet hopefully next round is my round!

Last edited:
@pinkpuppy9 thanks so much this will be helpful! I'm feeling discouraged but do they want to give up quite yet hopefully next round is my round!
Best of luck! I felt like complete crap after my first attempt. Take a bit of time to wallow, but don't dwell too long. Get back on your feet and knock your next application out of the park!

On interview day I heard someone mention that are certain apartments where a large amount of vet students live. Does anyone know which complex(es) they would have been referring to?

On interview day I heard someone mention that are certain apartments where a large amount of vet students live. Does anyone know which complex(es) they would have been referring to?
The Village, The Place, and there's a few more in Urbana that I'm not sure the names of. I think one is called Fairlawn Village

Hard pass on the Village or Place. It's pretty expensive for the kind of amenities and crap you get.

Is anyone familiar with Scottswood Drive in Urbana? Is that area decent?

Hard pass on the Village or Place. It's pretty expensive for the kind of amenities and crap you get.
Any other places you would suggest?
(first time poster, long time lurker. hi everyone!)

Any other places you would suggest?
(first time poster, long time lurker. hi everyone!)

I'm moving to Nantucket Grove next year, but otherwise I don't know many other places to live. Sorry!!!