Graduate Certificate Veterinary Science, University of Illinois College of Vetmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPE Illinois CVM

Reaction score
Hi all! Congratulations to those of you with futures that have become more certain in the past few months with application acceptance. I'm cheering for all of you awaiting interviews and decisions or facing some uncertainties in your next steps. You've worked so hard and your futures are bright.

I work at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. I wanted to make you aware of a program that we offer, the Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Science. It's offered with two delivery options, both fully online:
1. full-time 12-week summer program
2. part-time two-semester program

This graduate certificate was designed for students who were admitted into veterinary school in the upcoming year or aspire to be accepted into veterinary school in the next application cycle.

The program objectives are:
1. Foundation for Veterinary School Success:
Establish a robust foundation that equips students with the essential knowledge and skills necessary for success in veterinary school.

2. Application of Health Science Principles:
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the application of basic principles of health science in addressing and resolving diverse animal health problems.

3. Enhanced Veterinary Applications:
Strengthen and better prepare veterinary school applications by acquiring specialized knowledge and practical skills that demonstrate a commitment to excellence in animal health.

4. Confidence and Competence in Critical Thinking:
Develop a high level of confidence and competence in critical thinking specifically geared towards solving complex animal health problems, fostering the ability to analyze, diagnose, and propose effective solutions.

Check out our website! Please reach out to [email protected] if you'd like to further understand the program and determine if it will help you achieve your goals.

If you'd like to have a more personalized discussion, you can shoot me an email at [email protected] to chat more.

Best of luck to each of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This sounds great! Is the program synchronous or asynchronous?

It is synchronous program. The full time summer program has live sessions every day and the part-time program has a more relaxed scheduled. Both include case based learning that have live sessions with the faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is synchronous program. The full time summer program has live sessions every day and the part-time program has a more relaxed scheduled. Both include case based learning that have live sessions with the faculty.
Hi! This does look great - as a "graduate certificate" how are the grades submitted in VMCAS. They stand alone or they are like a post-bacc that integrates into undergrad grades. I'm looking but don't walk away with a clear sense from the website.

Hi! This does look great - as a "graduate certificate" how are the grades submitted in VMCAS. They stand alone or they are like a post-bacc that integrates into undergrad grades. I'm looking but don't walk away with a clear sense from the website.
Hi! We are listed on VMCAS as a graduate certificate with the program named. You're welcome to shoot me a message if you have other questions or would like to chat further.

Hi! We are listed on VMCAS as a graduate certificate with the program named. You're welcome to shoot me a message if you have other questions or would like to chat further.
Thank you - I appreciate your response, I don't have additional questions at this time but will reach out if new questions surface.