University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who was accepted from the waitlist received any further information? I’m waiting for my UIN still

Members don't see this ad.

Do any previous students have recommendations as to how many sets of coveralls to get? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any previous students have recommendations as to how many sets of coveralls to get? Thanks in advance!
One set, unless you're going to be chilling with large animal or equine services regularly.

Reactions: 1 users
I am an OOS student that got accepted to U of I. I just looked at the cost from the student portal and it will be $80k+ each year. Is there anyway to establish in state residency without living in Illinois for 1 year for non educational reasons?

I am an OOS student that got accepted to U of I. I just looked at the cost from the student portal and it will be $80k+ each year. Is there anyway to establish in state residency without living in Illinois for 1 year for non educational reasons?
1) I was out of state. I never hit that high total because I lived off ~17000 per year except senior year. If you plan things out well, you won't need the full cost of attendance.

2) you establish in state residency by making the difference between in state and out of state tuition as income as a household. So for a single person living in Illinois, you'd have to make something like 25000 as income and pay the taxes on it. The only people I know who did it was a single gal that owned a horse boarding barn and couples where the spouse worked and made that 25000

Reactions: 1 users
This is kind of random but does anyone know if any horse boarding facilities relatively close to campus? I'm looking to take my mare with me out there

This is kind of random but does anyone know if any horse boarding facilities relatively close to campus? I'm looking to take my mare with me out there
A class of 2020 student opened a horse boarding facility in Tolono and did sell it when she graduated. So it might be there

Reactions: 1 user
I’d also def ask on the CVM free and for sale page! There were a handful of students in my class that brought their horses. Foreman (mostly his wife) also owns Commonwealth Farm in St Joseph, but idk if they have openings for boarders or anything

Anyone know when the parking permit will start selling for F30? I looked at the options and it looks like it's not an option available.

Anyone know if we need to send in our transcripts again if we just graduated? (I did not have any outstanding prerequisites)

Anyone know if we need to send in our transcripts again if we just graduated? (I did not have any outstanding prerequisites)
i sent mine just in case but I didn’t have any outstanding prereqs for the january due date for transcripts and i was fine not sending it. I would send one just in case or give them a call

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recommendations on insurance (health, liability, etc.?)

Does anyone know if two doses of the rabavert rabies vaccine fulfills the school requirement or do we have to get three doses? Its so expensive :(

Does anyone know if two doses of the rabavert rabies vaccine fulfills the school requirement or do we have to get three doses? Its so expensive :(
I would imagine it would have to be "standard of care" based on the vaccine manufacturer's guarantee. I think that's the 3 vaccine series.

I’d contact the school. The CDC did recently (I think last year?) change the recs from the 3 vax series to the 2 vax series, so UIUC’s website info may just not be updated yet.

• Wow
We only had to get two doses as Class of 2026! You should be fine as long as those are still the CDC recommendations.

• Wow
Not sure if I've missed this somewhere else - there is SO much going on now that we're almost there! Does anyone know if there is a dress code for orientation week?

Not sure if I've missed this somewhere else - there is SO much going on now that we're almost there! Does anyone know if there is a dress code for orientation week?
Day 1 is at Allerton which, while nice, will most likely be quite hot and humid next week. Todays relative humidity is well over 50%. Mud may be a real issue too if it storms over the weekend which is honestly always an option. I really wanted to volunteer for that, but I didn't think I could make it work with my hours. Of course we decided to change them starting this week🤦‍♀.

I'm so excited to see campus spring to life though! Illinois is wonderful and welcoming.

One of your days you do get your ID photo taken for your vetmed badge so def look semi-decent for that if you choose, since that photo will be on your name badge for all 4 years. (Not saying to dress up fancy, I just had a tshirt on in mine) but if you prefer to have makeup on for that, def make sure you wear it. I don’t remember if there was a specific time we all had to go down but I think it was just “this is the times they’ll be available, go at some point”

Def wear comfy clothes and comfy shoes for ivle though and bring sunscreen/sunglasses/a hat if you choose since a lot of it is outside. I’d also bring a bottle that you can fill with water. iirc they had a big jug (think sports team orange thing) of water for you to refill with.