University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an OOS acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance! First cycle and first acceptance

Congratulations to everyone who’s been accepted!! Sending all the good vibes for everyone on the alternate list💜 I was on it both years I applied and was pulled for co 2022 one week after the acceptance deadline (people have to mail in their deposit and acceptance and it just needs to be postmarked by the deadline so they have to wait for stuff to roll in before they start pulling people after the deadline)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS alternate. 4th waitlist for me and 2nd today lol.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS (international) acceptance! Will likely decline it in favour of my top choice school, so best of luck to all of those on the alternate list!

OOS acceptance!! I cannot believe it, I immediately started sobbing.

Reactions: 6 users
OOS acceptance! I’m crying I’m so excited

Reactions: 6 users
OOS acceptance!!! I can’t believe it!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who’s been accepted!! Sending all the good vibes for everyone on the alternate list💜 I was on it both years I applied and was pulled for co 2022 one week after the acceptance deadline (people have to mail in their deposit and acceptance and it just needs to be postmarked by the deadline so they have to wait for stuff to roll in before they start pulling people after the deadline)
Thank you❤️❤️ just got notified im IS alternate

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS Acceptance ~!! SO excited to meet all of you and start this journey! 😭 Thank you for all the support throughout this process 💗

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! for this being my last school after 4 waitlists and 3 rejections i feel on top of the world!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know how the alternate list works for IS? I know most IS people will accept their offer. Are there any success stories or should I just focus on gap year planning?

IS acceptance! Overall GPA: 3.4, science GPA: 3.3, major: Biomed and Animal Science!

Does anyone know how the alternate list works for IS? I know most IS people will accept their offer. Are there any success stories or should I just focus on gap year planning?
I read last years thread last night and there was a person who didn’t hear that she was accepted until mid April! I’m rooting for you!!❤️

Reactions: 1 users
I was on the IS alternate list 2 years ago. You likely won't hear anything back until after the national deadline as they give time for people who are mailing their responses/deposits. I received an email at the end of April that year advising that they did not anticipate making many offers off the waitlist. That being said, the amount the waitlist moves varies from year to year. I know there are cases where people have gotten off the IS waitlist, but they also don't tell you your ranking, so it's hard to say how much it moves.

OOS acceptance, but I am going to decline my seat because I’ve already accepted my top school! Good luck to everyone!

Anyone has idea about how fast the OOS waitlist move? And how many people they put on that waitlist?

Anyone has idea about how fast the OOS waitlist move? And how many people they put on that waitlist?
How fast it moves depends on the year and how many people decline seats. Unless they have a LOT decline before the national deadline and they’re not expecting to fill the class with what offers they have left out there, I would probably not anticipate hearing until after the deadline.
They have ~75 OOS seats so I would guess they probably send out somewhere around 80-100 acceptances (give or take) since they tend to be a lot more on the conservative side since the co 2020 fiasco. They aim to interview around 250 OOS students, per the admissions website, and anyone who isn’t initially accepted is an alternate.

For anyone on the alternate list(and not accepting at a different school this cycle), if they offer file reviews this year I would recommend doing one. I believe last year they weren’t able to offer them because they were understaffed but hopefully they’ll be able to do them again.

If we were on the interview waitlist is there any known timeframe that we may hear back now that decisions have been released?

If we were on the interview waitlist is there any known timeframe that we may hear back now that decisions have been released?
Not really. The only time they interviewed more than just the initial group was last cycle and they didn’t have an interview waitlist then. So the interview waitlist is new for this year so it’s pretty unknown.

Not really. The only time they interviewed more than just the initial group was last cycle and they didn’t have an interview waitlist then. So the interview waitlist is new for this year so it’s pretty unknown.
Oh wow I didn’t realize the interview waitlist was new for this year…I’ll just air on the side of caution and assume it’s a rejection :(

OOS acceptance! I’ve been lurking forever but decided I should probably post this one :)

OOS acceptance but just declined my seat as I will be taking my in state offer!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I can't wait to meet some of you on your rotation vacation in the fall! I'm a current Vet Assistant in ECC, and live in (and love!) the Chambana area. Feel free to reach out to me with questions about living in the area!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I can't wait to meet some of you on your rotation vacation in the fall! I'm a current Vet Assistant in ECC, and live in (and love!) the Chambana area. Feel free to reach out to me with questions about living in the area!
Do you have any recommendations for good apartments within a reasonable distance of the school?

Do you have any recommendations for good apartments within a reasonable distance of the school?
A ton of vet students live at the Village at Colbert Park. It's in Savoy, very pet friendly as Vet Students don't pay a fee for them. It's about 10 minutes away from the CVM campus. The closer you get to the main university campus, the more undergrads there are, just so yall know. The campus is off of Lincoln Ave, between Kirby/Florida Ave and Windsor Rd. Its technically in Urbana, but western Champaign and Savoy are a lot more convenient than somewhere like East Urbana. Anywhere in that area is going to get you to school relatively quickly though.

The Transit system we have in CU is great too, so you don't necessarily need a car. It's helpful to have, but especially on campus it's nice to have.

Who makes the class Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if U of Illinois does an info day or an accepted student day? I'd like to visit the school before I fully commit to it, and don't want to take a tour over spring break if there's going to be a student day later in the spring.

Does anyone know if U of Illinois does an info day or an accepted student day? I'd like to visit the school before I fully commit to it, and don't want to take a tour over spring break if there's going to be a student day later in the spring.
I’ve looked pretty thoroughly and don’t see one, but I also plan on visiting this spring to check it out!

For tours there is the option to have a student tour with you at noon, but depending on when your spring break is, OSCEs may be going on and affect student availability.

Unless it’s new this year, they don’t have an accepted student day or anything. They have the info sessions on interview day and that’s about it.
SAVMA Symposium is happening at UIUC this March too, so that probably will also limit touring availability. If it does and that’s when your break is, you may still be able to still find someone through sdn that would be able to tour you around, but they wouldn’t necessarily have the whole spiel that the tour guides do.

I know these aren’t a full sub for tours, but figured I’d toss them on here for anyone who wants them and may not be able to make it out for a tour.

• Love
OOS acceptance! But I will be declining as I’ve accepted another school. Hopefully one of y’all gets my seat!

Congratulations to all those accepted and those who have achieved an alternate spot!

I’ll be starting residency at UIUC and will be looking for a roommate to share a house with. If you prefer the peace of a single family home with a backyard versus living with hundreds of students jammed into an apartment then let me know! I also have the cutest puppers who will be the boss of the house 😍

Hi all! Friendly reminder to not give up hope if you were waitlisted! Current second year at UIUC. Originally waitlisted and wasn’t pulled off the list until May

For those accepted, a decent place to look for housing until your class page is set up is the Free and For Sale page. Sometimes you can find roommates if a room in their house is opening vs their whole house being up for rental.