Illinois C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor713

Reaction score
Starting this thread for this year (sorry if there’s one I missed)
2nd time OOS but first time applying to Illinois

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone 😍

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Current second year here, I'll do my best to answer any questions

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk?
We have an amazing bus system at UIUC. It can be a little slow sometimes, but it's an incredibly extensive network. A lot of students still have cars, but it's not necessarily required.

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk?
Depends on where you live too. Using the bus to get from the Village or the Place took over an hour to get to Vet Med. But could get to vet med easy peasy from my townhouse 2 miles away using the bus.

As far as getting to classes, people drive, take the bus, bike, or walk depending on where they live. All the vet med buildings are next to each other, which is nice.
We have an amazing bus system at UIUC. It can be a little slow sometimes, but it's an incredibly extensive network. A lot of students still have cars, but it's not necessarily required.
To add on to this, only one of routes actually stops at vet med.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received any follow up info after submission like access to a student portal or confirmation or anything?

Anyone received any follow up info after submission like access to a student portal or confirmation or anything?
You won't hear anything until December as long as you meet all the basic requirements. The only reason you'll hear sooner is if you're missing classes, don't have the required Gpa, etc

First time OOS! I submitted in summer and I had nothing so I almost forgot about it:rofl:

Can’t find anywhere if interviews will be in person or virtual, anyone have experience interviewing with them?

Not entirely thread related, but I was wondering if any prospective students or UIUC CVM students are planning to attend ISVMA next weekend? I’ll be there!

Any idea what the in-state GPA cutoff may be for Phase I? I don't think it's published but if anyone knows based on last year that would be helpful!

Last year this upcoming Friday first phase of rejections/moving on to phase 2 decisions were released. Maybe we’ll hear!

Yeah. Round one is entirely gpa. They rank you highest to lowest and cut a TON. It looked like OOS people below a 3.85/3.8 were cut.

Yeah. Round one is entirely gpa. They rank you highest to lowest and cut a TON. It looked like OOS people below a 3.85/3.8 were cut.
I’m fully expecting to get cut. I applied a bit last minute to Illinois so I didn’t really deep dive into their admissions… which is my own fault!

My overall gpa is a 3.79 and my science gpa is a 3.71. I feel like I am going to get rejected but 🤞🏽

Since Friday was a holiday, do y’all think we will receive anything tomorrow or this week?

I came to read the forum for a pre-vet friend who was nervous about not hearing yet and I’m seeing a lot of misinformation here and wanted to jump on! I’m an Illinois in-state first year (2027) and was interviewed and accepted at the only 2 schools I applied to for the first time (Illinois and Mizzou). My overall gpa was like a 3.47 and I was offered a recruitment scholarship by the dean of the college. I have several out of state friends who got in with a 3.6-3.7 and in state friends who had a 3.4 or slightly below. Every year it varies based on the pool of applicants. Second years (2026) had a higher gpa overall and myself and many of my classmates probably wouldn’t have gotten in if we applied that year. I also know 3rd and 4th years who are here with a 3.3 and 3.4 overall undergraduate gpa. They take into account course load as a whole. I’ve already witnessed applicants who applied with very high gpa’s not make it through the program. Did you work in undergrad, were you in 18 credit semesters, heavily involved, diversified experience in all areas on vet med and animals? If that’s the case then you shouldn’t have any issue getting in. Yeah it’s nice if you have a 4.0 but if you had 13-15 credit semesters, didn’t work, weren’t involved, and have no experience it doesn’t let them know that you can handle how hard of a curriculum this is. Also I think 60% of our class was initially waitlisted too!

Reactions: 8 users
Every year it varies based on the pool of applicants. Second years (2026) had a higher gpa overall
Just wanted to add on to this. I'm IS, and my overall undergrad GPA was around a 3.3
Since Friday was a holiday, do y’all think we will receive anything tomorrow or this week?
Hard to say when specifically. Last year they contacted people around this time, but in the 2 years prior, applicants heard back in early December

I am class of 2021, originally accepted for 2020. I was accepted with a GPA of 3.3.

Just wanted to add on to this. I'm IS, and my overall undergrad GPA was around a 3.3

Hard to say when specifically. Last year they contacted people around this time, but in the 2 years prior, applicants heard back in early December
Good to know. Thank you !!!

Has anyone been denied yet? Last year around this time I received my rejection letter and wanted to know if they've sent any denials at all. Fourth-year applicant here...It's getting tough to stay positive!

Has anyone been denied yet? Last year around this time I received my rejection letter and wanted to know if they've sent any denials at all. Fourth-year applicant here...It's getting tough to stay positive!
I haven’t heard anything yet

I haven't gotten anything from them yet either.

I went to undergrad there. Bus system is excellent. You can park in the lot but you need a permit (you will get ticketed without it). I worked at the vet school and parked on Race or Florida and just walked across the green space. Some apartments have a shuttle service too. I lived in Savoy and it ran every 30 minutes.

Has anyone received any updates? I didn’t get any links to a portal so I’m assuming they’re emailing about everything but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Has anyone received any updates? I didn’t get any links to a portal so I’m assuming they’re emailing about everything but I haven’t heard anything yet.
I have not heard anything