***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
any1 w/ gpa between 3.0-3.3 and decent DAT scores got in?

got accepted with 3.1 and 20 DAT. 3rd time applicant, and recently completed masters. not too excited about the cost

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does the drug test and finger print occur? I'm asking for a friend.

I think that's later, it says "if necessary" probably if you fail the background check? Or before clinic rotations?
Thanks. I'll relay the message to my friend. Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Do they skip this month for acceptance?
They sent out their "May" acceptances at the end of February. The next round isn't expected until late June/early July.

Accepted folks, when are your spring transcripts due by? Thanks!

They sent out their "May" acceptances at the end of February. The next round isn't expected until late June/early July.

Accepted folks, when are your spring transcripts due by? Thanks!
June 23

Hey all!

Current D2 here. Congrats on your acceptances! If you haven't already, go join the USC Class of 2021 FB page.

If you have any questions about school I would be happy to answer them. Fight On!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Southern California and still waiting on the acceptance packet. Anyone else?

Has anyone on the waitlist sent in additional letters of reference? Did your referee just email the letter? Wondering what people's thoughts are on this, thanks!

Has anyone on the waitlist sent in additional letters of reference? Did your referee just email the letter? Wondering what people's thoughts are on this, thanks!

Couldn't hurt at this point. Any letter of reference you send should come from the source and not you. Best of luck!

I live only one hour away from campus, but still haven't gotten the matriculation packet. Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'm seriously freaking out right now.

Edit: I meant the matriculation info packet.

Last edited:
Maybe some good news tomorrow!? Really praying for an acceptance here.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are planning to attend USC, how are you planning to pay for school?
I plan on going to USC, but I just calculated the cost and it's a ridiculous amount. Any advice would be appreciated.

For those who are planning to attend USC, how are you planning to pay for school?
I plan on going to USC, but I just calculated the cost and it's a ridiculous amount. Any advice would be appreciated.
Loans. Loans and more loans a bit of praying for raining money. Every dentist I talked to said the loan debt isn't that big of a deal once you start working.

A better question would be how they plan to pay off those loans.
Paying every month for the next 10 to 20 years. Living within my means and spending and investing wisely. I just learned to accept that because I want to be a dentist I will be in debt at the end of schooling.

Did anyone from the wait list get a call today? I got a call from USC checking up if I'm still interested. Anyone else?

Have u already had an interview!? What r they gonna do
I interviewed on February. I assumed they are checking up on all those who are wait listed to see if they're still interested before they start calling people for acceptances in July. I may be wrong.

I interviewed on February. I assumed they are checking up on all those who are wait listed to see if they're still interested before they start calling people for acceptances in July. I may be wrong.
At this point isn't everyone that interviewed on the waiting list?

Did anyone from the wait list get a call today? I got a call from USC checking up if I'm still interested. Anyone else?
Wow how interesting! I have called a couple times in the last few weeks because they hadn't responded to an email and I wanted to make sure they received it and it has been impossible to get ahold of anyone. They must be so busy right now. I'm hoping they didn't call me because they assume from my calls that I'm obviously interested :xf:

I called a few days ago to see if they received my transcript... I spoke with Saul and expressed my continued and genuine interest in attending USC *Sigh* I'm praying for an acceptance here!!!

I called a few days ago to see if they received my transcript... I spoke with Saul and expressed my continued and genuine interest in attending USC *Sigh* I'm praying for an acceptance here!!!
We need to send transcripts?

Unless you've been accepted I don't believe you need to send transcripts. The acceptance packet directs you to send in transcripts.

I haven't been able to get ahold of him
:( I called and sent an email. About what time were you able to reach him?

I haven't been able to get ahold of him
:( I called and sent an email. About what time were you able to reach him?
hmm sorry about that He mentioned they were really busy nowadays. I called around 3pm

Hi all, do you guys think that it is time to start giving up on USC? I had an interview on March 21st. I sent them two additional LORs from recent professors and sent them my straight A's unofficial transcripts of Winter and Spring Quarter 2017. Feeling so desperate..

Hi all, do you guys think that it is time to start giving up on USC? I had an interview on March 21st. I sent them two additional LORs from recent professors and sent them my straight A's unofficial transcripts of Winter and Spring Quarter 2017. Feeling so desperate..
Not too late! They are sending out another round July 1st

Not too late! They are sending out another round July 1st

Thank you. I really want an acceptance. Waiting for another year is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.