USC School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

did everyone receive a confirmaion email for the pbl interview registration?? cant contact the admin office!
Same! No confirmation email yet.. I am worried that I can’t book the date I have requested!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! No confirmation email yet.. I am worried that I can’t book the date I have requested!

Just got the confirmation emails around 6pm PST! If you haven't gotten it yet I would definitely try to contact them again

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes for the MMI during the preparation time?

Reactions: 1 user
No. The ball is in your court when you're paying $700k to go here. Treat the interview more of "Why should I come here" instead of them making it "why should we accept you". I know lots of people who got accepted very late here, there's always empty spots because it's not really anyone's first choice due to the exorbitant cost
That’s not answering the question….

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes for the MMI during the preparation time?
I took some notes during the prep time! I used them to prepare an answer and so I don’t forget any important points and tried not to look at them while answering the question

No. The ball is in your court when you're paying $700k to go here. Treat the interview more of "Why should I come here" instead of them making it "why should we accept you". I know lots of people who got accepted very late here, there's always empty spots because it's not really anyone's first choice due to the exorbitant cost
Are you okay? Lol

can anyone tell me how many questions were asked during Kira MMI interview?

can anyone tell me how many questions were asked during Kira MMI interview?
Its about 1 hr long but don't remember how many question they made. Maybe like 20 questions. They also give you time to think about the question.

Hi all! I have an interview here today but have not yet received a link from Kira for the MMI scheduled today. Was that supposed to come earlier or right prior to the MMI session?

Hi all! I have an interview here today but have not yet received a link from Kira for the MMI scheduled today. Was that supposed to come earlier or right prior to the MMI session?
You should have received an email containing the "check-in" link from Kira. It allows you to register, set up your devices, and practice, and then the actual MMI is the last step which will open at your interview time.

You should have received an email containing the "check-in" link from Kira. It allows you to register, set up your devices, and practice, and then the actual MMI is the last step which will open at your interview time.
I have not seen it yet, which worries me. I’ve contacted their office but everything is currently closed.

does anyone know if they will be sending more interview invites?

Hey guys, the status changed on ADEA to 'watilisted'...maybe we will hear something tomorrow...

Hey guys, the status changed on ADEA to 'watilisted'...maybe we will hear something tomorrow...
I believe Everyone is placed on waitlist after you interview. Hopefully you do hear back soon tho.

I believe Everyone is placed on waitlist after you interview. Hopefully you do hear back soon tho.
yes but my status hadn’t officially changed in ADEA until yesterday. By reading old threads is seemed like when ADEA changed your status there was usually news. I could be wrong though

I just got waitlisted today as well, and I did my PBL last Tuesday. Interesting how some got waitlisted immediately... Trying not to overthink it lol!

yes, same here. finished my PBL last week and immediately waitlisted. I wonder when the acceptances will be sent out.
yeah it’s interesting. i haven’t heard of anyone from our batch of interviews receive anything. i feel like there’s at least a trickle of acceptances right after a batch of interviews

I believe people are ranked when placed on the waitlist. So I imagine the sooner you are waitlisted the higher up you are on the list. That would be my guess
I just got waitlisted today as well, and I did my PBL last Tuesday. Interesting how some got waitlisted immediately... Trying not to overthink it lol!

is this true? i was told everyone is immediately placed on waitlist.. it would be impossible to rank everyone in such a short amount of time.. no?
I interviewed pre-december and we were told we would be placed on a ranked waitlist. I assume they do the same for post-december interviews.

is this true? i was told everyone is immediately placed on waitlist.. it would be impossible to rank everyone in such a short amount of time.. no?
I'm not sure... I had glitches with my Kira interview, but admissions got back to me yesterday saying everything was received, so maybe that could be the reason some got waitlisted later since ik a lot of us had glitches in the last batch of Kira... or if the post-interview applicant form was filled out later? Idk though!

how do you know of other people’s status if any of them were accepted or not? just wondering..
You can check the official facebook page. Currently there are about 55 students. So a lot seats left to fill out.

I know the admissions committee has to get together and review our apps, but does anyone know how often acceptances are sent out?

Anybody have any idea about when they start accepting into post-december interviews?

Have no acceptances been sent out yet for January interviews? I'm getting very curious and other programs are only giving a short timespan to put down a deposit...

Anybody have any idea about when they start accepting into post-december interviews?
"Beginning in July 2022, Post Interview Candidates are generally contacted by phone first then email"
"Applicants will continue to be notified through the last week of August 2022"

This is found in their Post-Interview Info packet. Hopefully it'll be sooner than that though 😅

they give that to everyone, even the people who get direct admissions after interviews. they just send this out as protocol
"Beginning in July 2022, Post Interview Candidates are generally contacted by phone first then email"
"Applicants will continue to be notified through the last week of August 2022"

This is found in their Post-Interview Info packet. Hopefully it'll be sooner than that though 😅

Has anyone sent an e-mail to usc claiming them as their first option? If so, did that help get an interview?

Did anyone interview on 01/24 hear back yet?
haven't heard back yet either :( The FB group has only had 2 people join since then too. I would expect it to be a-lot more if they sent out acceptances from January interviews.