***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the acceptance packet? Heard we get them in May.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal? email? Please, tell me more. I'm accepted as well.
Did you submit a fafsa? I got an email from the FA office to proceed with submitting the rest of the required info. I made an account following the link & it directed me to submit an online form regarding housing and dates I am supposed to be enrolled

Reactions: 1 user
Did you submit a fafsa? I got an email from the FA office to proceed with submitting the rest of the required info. I made an account following the link & it directed me to submit an online form regarding housing and dates I am supposed to be enrolled
Of course, and when did you get the email. I spoke to Chris in the admission office( facilitator of mock PBL) and he told me that I we should be receiving the same thing in the mail soon.

Of course, and when did you get the email. I spoke to Chris in the admission office( facilitator of mock PBL) and he told me that I we should be receiving the same thing in the mail soon.
Wait I didn't get any email

IMG_1295.PNG

They processed my deposit and I got an email for that yesterday morning and received this one last night at like midnight

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called and one of the interviewers said "we don't know when the next batch is going to be sent out". So I hope it's before July!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. I am a lurker here and this is my first post but I was accepted on April 24th! I was wondering for the admitted students, how are you planning on dealing with the insane financial hole that we are going to dig ourselves into? I am not rich by any means and am on my own for all four years, and the thought of being between half a million to 1 million dollars in debt at the end of it all terrifies me...USC was my only acceptance and I am half considering dropping my seat to reapply as I didn't receive any other interviews at schools with lower costs of attendance like Western or UCLA. Do you guys have any tips on dealing with this daunting black hole that is facing us right now? It felt amazing to finally be accepted but the cost is just giving me so much anxiety and I keep questioning if it really is going to be a nightmare dealing with the debt after graduation...

Hi everyone. I am a lurker here and this is my first post but I was accepted on April 24th! I was wondering for the admitted students, how are you planning on dealing with the insane financial hole that we are going to dig ourselves into? I am not rich by any means and am on my own for all four years, and the thought of being between half a million to 1 million dollars in debt at the end of it all terrifies me...USC was my only acceptance and I am half considering dropping my seat to reapply as I didn't receive any other interviews at schools with lower costs of attendance like Western or UCLA. Do you guys have any tips on dealing with this daunting black hole that is facing us right now? It felt amazing to finally be accepted but the cost is just giving me so much anxiety and I keep questioning if it really is going to be a nightmare dealing with the debt after graduation...
You should have thought about it before applying there....

If dentistry is something you want to do I'd go for it. Median salary for a dentist is $150,000. As long as your working you'll have the means to pay off the loan. I consider dental school debt to be worth it. Or if all else fails ignore it and wait for the bill will be to busy to worry about it once were in school.

That's a really big topic of discussion. Some will tell you that by reapplying next cycle you gave up a year of peak earning and risk not being admitted next year/ever. Others will tell you NYU & USC are financial suicide. Personally, I would never turn down a seat (especially for a Californian with UCSF/UCLA as their only in-state public options).

PS: I'd consider not practicing in SoCal.

Last edited:
YOLO!!! Do you really wanna put yourself through this process again? Plus USC is top 10 dental school according to startranks

Everyone has their own opinion and their own struggles.. whatever you decide I'm sure it's going to be the best decision for you!

The best way to deal with dental school debt, no matter where you go, is to practice dentistry. :) So get in and get out, don't wait. Dental schools can look poorly on an applicant's decision to not attend a school once they'd already been accepted. Not worth the risk IMO. Best of luck!

Did you apply late this cycle? If you are a competitive applicant (competitive DAT/GPA/Extracurriculars) I don't see why it would be a bad idea. I am supposing you applied late. You can apply day 1 of this upcoming cycle and work during the gap year (get life experience). If you applied early and your stats are so so than I would just accept the offer and get on with your life. I totally get the struggle. There was no way I could afford to go to USC (it is insane how much they charge). Fortunately I got into allot more affordable schools. There is also the military option, which is not a bad deal, but that is not for everyone. Hope this helps :)

Hi everyone - congrats on everybody who got accepted!
I applied to USC but I haven't heard ANYTHING yet. No interview or rejection or anything! Did this happen to anyone else?

Hi everyone - congrats on everybody who got accepted!
I applied to USC but I haven't heard ANYTHING yet. No interview or rejection or anything! Did this happen to anyone else?
This happened to me. Very unprofessional on their part.

I know the wait is tough, just gotta be patient guys. There are still a few schools I haven't heard from as well. Doesn't make them unprofessional, just busy.

I really hope they send out May acceptances.. USC is my top choice ;(((

I really hope they send out May acceptances.. USC is my top choice ;(((

May was already sent out. They said beginning of July would be when they send out the next batch. Good luck!

Does anyone know about how many people are left on the waitlist right now?
How many spots left in the class?

Our second deposit is due July 1st for those curious. So maybe first week of July will be another batch?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about how many people are left on the waitlist right now?
How many spots left in the class?

When I called last it was the day before they sent out the last acceptance and they said about 85% of the class is full.. so about 22 seats are open.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't apply quite as early as some, but haven't received any rejection from USC as of yet. Holding out hope still. There really should be a better way to let people know of their standing as it is really frustrating to be kept in limbo this late in the game.

I didn't apply quite as early as some, but haven't received any rejection from USC as of yet. Holding out hope still. There really should be a better way to let people know of their standing as it is really frustrating to be kept in limbo this late in the game.
Did you interview?

I didn't get accepted last year and I got my rejection notice the 6th of May. No interview last year either.
No I did not. Im pretty sure my fate is sealed for this cycle, but some type of update would be appreciated

Any word if we are expecting the matriculation packet sometime soon?

Can someone who's been accepted to USC this cycle please reply if you or anyone you know got in this cycle WITH AN 18AA?????

any1 w/ gpa between 3.0-3.3 and decent DAT scores got in?

Status
Not open for further replies.