The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've got some serious side eye for Lyra and Snowy right now. The NSFW lynch is a stupid distraction that he started (and shouldn't have done)

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, I'm back from work, and have caught up. Sorry in advance for the stream of consciousness posting, but some people said I was "quiet". Can't let THAT nonsense stand.

This is just not like you, and it's weirding me out a little bit

I didn't see anything prompting this statement. I struggle to read Dr. S, so to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get a great read here, but this and a couple of other statements struck me as odd.

Lol yeah, I would say she probably has some real life stuff going on. But aside from that, this seems like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.

Why would you be confused and annoyed? I mean, I know that Coop likes this movie a lot and I would imagine she'd play it straight with the roles, but if she didn't, you'd be annoyed?

The good (?) news about BBC is that if she is a wolf, she tends to self-implode with some pressure (sorry BBC, I say this with love). So I think it might be good to test that at some point in the near future and see what happens.

That was my question as well

You've played with Cheat before. Last game, in fact, when she did basically the same thing on D1. And yet you're surprised by an overly defensive, bizarre reaction this time around?

Yup. I am not a big fan of the reaction, but I don't see much difference between the last game and this one at the moment.

I'm not sure why you're fixated on this. (I mean, it's a great movie -- game aside, you should see it). But this just seems like a bit of a distraction tactic to me. Again, I have difficulty parsing you sometimes (e.g. the speed game where you were a wolf and I kept giving you village cred for your posts), so it appears nothing has changed about that :p

No, the point is to put pressure on people to see how they respond. You're not locked into a lynch vote after making one, and you know this, so I'm not sure why there was hesitation from you on applying a little heat. Again, it's starting to weird me out.

What? I'm pretty sure no one is doing that -- if they were, they'd be breaking the game rules, and that's some bad juju.

See comment above about BBC. I am not too concerned about her at this point, to be honest. I'm getting more of a village read than non-village read, and if she gets weirder, we can throw some lynch votes on her tomorrow.

Yup, I agree with this.

I think this is the first time I've ever been called "aloof" in one of these games. I feel like I should get a gold star right now for exercising restraint lol
(But in all seriousness, I don't have *extra* time, I just have *some* time compared to what I usually do. But that sadly doesn't mean I can blow off work entirely).

I mean, you are a good player, though, so I don't know where that earlier nonsense was coming from.

And similarly...3M, you're throwing out semi-retaliatory joke votes?

And then "always a wolf" votes? Gonna be real -- I don't like this.

Oh guess what -- villagers can also make jokes ;)

And yes, my initial comment was made with friendly -- and simultaneously serious -- intent. And I continue to be interested in the response.

I actually didn't really see this until AM pointed it out, but yeah -- sketch point for Lyra. Especially because when she was a wolf, she made a couple posts that had inner contradictions like that one.

I feel like there are a few people who it's just kind of a mistake to put as solid village lean early on. I've played 1 game with Lupin. It was a speed game, she was a villager. Despite that, she's probably not ever going on my village reads until mid-game at least. She could certainly be village, but maybe iiitt's a traaaaap.

I mean, Snowy is one of my favorite players. I'm struggling a bit with her right now, because those earlier posts did give me a weird vibe, but I'm worried I'm looking at this through a clouded lens.

LOL. Yes.

Are...are you possibly village? I don't know how to process this new Zen.

As opposed to where? Also, this comment has some eerily similar tones to your role-fishing comments when you were a wolf.

I agree, this strikes me as a natural progression.

Lol I do not want to die. So yeah, preemptive "please don't kill me" statement. #Sorrynotsorry

I honestly went "what?!" and then laughed at the irony.

Damn straight shots fired. I correctly called that Cheat was a villager the last few games, and have not once voted to lynch her, because I want to give her more experience with playing. I am still getting village vibes, but I also have finite patience.

I agree with the bottom line (lyra --> more sketch than BBC right now), but I don't get the lead-in statement. If you're not basing early feels off of previous experiences, what are you basing it off of? Not all wolves are going to nicely self-destruct.

How do you feel about people bringing up the fact that they have a full time job AND finals? My life is busier than your life :p (ok probably not)

Ehh it's D1 and I was just trying to get a vote on the board so I could go finish my presentation and present.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be too late, but in case it helps I'm Kiara. I'm a vanillager.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got some serious side eye for Lyra and Snowy right now. The NSFW lynch is a stupid distraction that he started (and shouldn't have done)
I agree with this, but I can't let NSFW voting for himself go, right now. I don't generally like ties, so I want to break it. I'd be willing to vote for nsfw. I find it really weird to vote for yourself.

TWO MINUTES REMAINING

Official Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (5) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary

Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26
lynch close in ~30 minutes

Roll call: @Devastating @katashark

Lyra did reveal at least and nsfw hasn't come back.

Lynch nsfw.

But, I'm pretty sure I will regret not voting for Lyra. We can revisit lyra tomorrow. I'm too sketched out by voting for yourself.

Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now

Reactions: 4 users
Lynch closed. Results pending. Check your votes.

cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Kara () -
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata

Wafflemeter: 13 (6 from LIS)
25/26

Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now

THIS. This happens every time he plays...

Reactions: 4 users
LYNCHED CLOSED RESULTS PENDING PLEASE CHECK YOUR VOTES

ZERO MINUTES REMAINING

Official Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Kara () -
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, kata

Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26

Not ridiculous, you just don't like it. Maybe people will stop doing stupid things for lulz if we do vote them out.

Not enough time to get the vote on lyra but that is exactly where I'm going tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
unlynch deva

lynch lyra

Edit: Didn't edit lynch votes, just corrected spelling because it was annoying me.

Lynch closed. Results pending. Check your votes.

cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Kara () -
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata

Wafflemeter: 13 (6 from LIS)
25/26
Really? I was ninja'd twice by my baby mod *sigh*

Reactions: 1 user
Not ridiculous, you just don't like it. Maybe people will stop doing stupid things for lulz if we do vote them out.

Not enough time to get the vote on lyra but that is exactly where I'm going tomorrow
I'm simultaneously frustrated by his play style and everyone jumping on the self lynch even though most of them hedged and said Lyra was acting suspicious. Sigh. :oops:

Reactions: 1 users
Wtf NSFW?!

(PS - it's weird that it's only 6 PM for me and lynch is already closed)

I'm simultaneously frustrated by his play style and everyone jumping on the self lynch even though most of them hedged and said Lyra was acting suspicious. Sigh. :oops:

I actually didn't see the lyra sketch until she role claimed. At that point, it was too late to swing it back.

Reactions: 2 users
What an interesting day! Animals came from all over to discuss this new threat. "It must be one of you!" Someone finally exclaimed. "Why us? Why not you?" Someone else replied. The discussion devolved from there. Accusations started flying, and some birds did too. There was a squabble between a lion and a lioness and the lion ended up with a bloody nose. After a good amount of waffling, a wide spread of votes, and a possible misunderstanding of the LIS rule (?), the circle of life comes to pass.

You have lynched @NSFW, Young Kovu, a VILLAGER who would receive a small amount of information about people who visited him.

giphy.gif

Everyone beds down for the night, waiting to see what the sunrise will bring. It is now Night 1. Night will close at 9 am EST. Please submit night actions as soon as possible.

Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
12. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC)
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Lupin21
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
21. @LetItSnow
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
24. @Doctor-S
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu

TL/DR: me thinking I am funny for answering Dr S on this after 3 hours (?) of not posting...

LadyOtheFarm (LOTF). Might be leaning wolf because she chose to play in this game (despite the birth of a new baby - yay!). But, now she is very quiet. If she is at home with her new baby, I would guess that she would be near the Internet and available to check-in and post. Just a thought, that's all.
I'm in the hospital still, but had a conference call with my new employers mid day and a bunch of pre check out stuff to do with doctors today. I came back and tried to race deadline to the end but didn't quite make it. (By the way, I actually miss hospital food in CO. This stuff is awful!)

Oddly enough, I always play on my cell phone and don't have internet at home (especially since I am living in a temporary house until we move) so having WiFi at the hospital is a step up.

Um... she signed up and explained her circumstances before roles were dropped out. I'm not understanding your reasoning - were you expecting LotF to drop out if she wasn't a wolf?

And yeah, this.

I head home from the hospital tomorrow.

:annoyed: Great lynch. Well I guess we know lion king 2 characters are in the picture .

ninja'd by @DVMDream

I haven't seen the 2nd one so I can't comment on the badness/goodness potential of any LK2 roles