The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok that is understandable. However, there is no need to get so defensive. Yes I know I got a little when someone lynched me randomly as well today, but I didn't get this defensive and snippy. And "fell asleep"? Sorry it was like close to midnight when it was going on and didn't end till 2. I also have 12 hour days filled with class and work. We all do. It was a genuine reason for not being involved in that one.
Kind of off-topic, but what time zone are you in?? I just glanced at that game because I was curious what happened there, and your last posts were around 9pm central/10 eastern, and the game ended about 11:30 central/12:30 eastern.

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of off-topic, but what time zone are you in?? I just glanced at that game because I was curious what happened there, and your last posts were around 9pm central/10 eastern, and the game ended about 11:30 central/12:30 eastern.

Central. Looking at the dead chat it ended around 1. That's what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wide Spread Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (2) - Pippy, DVMD
hmufasa (1) - AM
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara (1) - Snowy
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (2) - LIS, 3m
Cheat (1) - Lupin
AM (1) - Lyra
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (2) - kara, vmh
LOTF (1) - Trilt

Wafflemeter: 8 (5 from LIS)
21/26
lynch close in ~3 hours

Edit to add vmh vote & Lupin

Last edited:
Honestly I'm ready to start lynching people who keep bringing up irrelevant crap from previous games just so I don't have to hear about it anymore. There's a difference between "meta" and throwing spaghetti at the walls to see what sticks.

That being said, I looked back through the thread and Lyra is giving me more feels than BBC at the moment.

Unlynch BBC/Ferny, lynch Lyra

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, but I was subsequently told that's just how cheat reacts to getting a single vote. So I backed off. Even though I think lynching might teach a good lesson.
I looked through her post history real quick and don't really see much to turn her back to village though, do you?

Honestly I'm ready to start lynching people who keep bringing up irrelevant crap from previous games just so I don't have to hear about it anymore. There's a difference between "meta" and throwing spaghetti at the walls to see what sticks.

That being said, I looked back through the thread and Lyra is giving me more feels than BBC at the moment.

Unlynch BBC/Ferny, lynch Lyra
Again, what is it exactly giving you feels here? Is there a particular post that is reading badly?

@SnowshoeDog143 , I see that you had a conversation that revolved around 3m and getting her talking, but you still have her listed as neutral without asking her a single question. Can I ask why you didn't pursue her at all just to put her in a lean of wolf or villager one way or another?

Yeah, but I was subsequently told that's just how cheat reacts to getting a single vote. So I backed off. Even though I think lynching might teach a good lesson.
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::happy:
I swear, even when I am being a good little pseudo mod in the background, I am still sketch :p. Let it be known that LIS will eternally always find me to be sketchy
:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Reactions: 3 users
Again, what is it exactly giving you feels here? Is there a particular post that is reading badly?
Feels about Lyra or my initial feels about BBC?

My feels about Lyra are related to the way she tossed out a lynch vote on AM. It felt off to me given that AM is always a lynch candidate for silly reasons and some of this just felt a lot like grasping. Also didn't like the bolded in the second quote because it's a lame justification.
Lynch AM, she's made a lot of posts but several were just comments about past games, and a couple posts were defending other players for them. She's not being her normal quiet villager self.

I mean, I want her to participate, but a sudden change in activity is going to throw me off. :shrug: But I don't have solid feels on anyone at this point.

As for BBC, most of the reason I voted for her initially was this post, which is almost amusingly unhelpful from a strategy perspective but still looks like an attempt at strategizing if you're just perusing the thread quickly:
I lied I'm back for another post.

From the writeup it sounds like the dead will have a role in the game.
(for reference, the intro write up explicitly asked for dead players to hang around, so adding this comment just didn't seem useful as just about anyone would have assumed that this meant the dead were doing something in this game).

I also wasn't a fan of the repeated "I'm super busy and won't be on much, but I found time to sneak in on thread" at the beginning of almost all of her posts.

Reactions: 1 user
Although I do want to add that I recognize that it is finals week or close to it for many of the people playing the game right now (or your life is even worse than finals week and you have an actual full time job), so I have no beef if you're not on thread for long periods of time. It makes my hackles raise when people bring it up constantly though.

Reactions: 1 users
Feels about Lyra or my initial feels about BBC?

My feels about Lyra are related to the way she tossed out a lynch vote on AM. It felt off to me given that AM is always a lynch candidate for silly reasons and some of this just felt a lot like grasping. Also didn't like the bolded in the second quote because it's a lame justification.

As for BBC, most of the reason I voted for her initially was this post, which is almost amusingly unhelpful from a strategy perspective but still looks like an attempt at strategizing if you're just perusing the thread quickly:

(for reference, the intro write up explicitly asked for dead players to hang around, so adding this comment just didn't seem useful as just about anyone would have assumed that this meant the dead were doing something in this game).

I also wasn't a fan of the repeated "I'm super busy and won't be on much, but I found time to sneak in on thread" at the beginning of almost all of her posts.
Thanks. This makes sense. I will put you in my villa territory.

@SnowshoeDog143 , I see that you had a conversation that revolved around 3m and getting her talking, but you still have her listed as neutral without asking her a single question. Can I ask why you didn't pursue her at all just to put her in a lean of wolf or villager one way or another?

Um super lame but I don't really know how to question someone at the start of the game. I have her neutral based on similar play to other games. I'm not a fan of her reasoning for the Zen vote. But I'm also leaning to Zen because she was the first person to start the mechanics talk at the beginning of the game which can be a wolf tactic, so I don't think I'm too concerned about 3m at this point.

Although I do want to add that I recognize that it is finals week or close to it for many of the people playing the game right now (or your life is even worse than finals week and you have an actual full time job), so I have no beef if you're not on thread for long periods of time. It makes my hackles raise when people bring it up constantly though.
Meathead doesn't have any beef?! Lies! :p

Reactions: 2 users
Cheat is, I think, being Cheat. I don't believe in the "beat enthusiastic noobs over the head until they calm their early enthusiasm," - I think if people have to learn what is and isn't sketchy, hey, maybe just maybe what we consider as sketchy needs a bit of a rewrite?

I disagree. Not on the point about cheat, that I agree with. But on the we need to rewrite what we consider sketchy. Those things are sketchy because they have repeatedly caught wolves. It just so happens to be that noobs also do those things due to enthusiasm and not knowing. However, many noobs have learned why certain things are seen as sketchy and have adjusted and graduated from noobdom.

I think as experienced players, we just need to recognize that noobs can do sketchy things out of not knowing. How to determine if it is noobness or wolfy is the difficult part. I'd say if they continue to raise flags throughout the game then they should be lynched.

Reactions: 1 users
Um super lame but I don't really know how to question someone at the start of the game. I have her neutral based on similar play to other games. I'm not a fan of her reasoning for the Zen vote. But I'm also leaning to Zen because she was the first person to start the mechanics talk at the beginning of the game which can be a wolf tactic, so I don't think I'm too concerned about 3m at this point.
You question her about her progression on zen if that is what made you question her. Like I am doing now for you. :)

Thanks. This makes sense. I will put you in my villa territory.
heres-why-your-jeans-have-that-tiny-front-pocket.jpg

:p

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch AM, she's made a lot of posts but several were just comments about past games, and a couple posts were defending other players for them. She's not being her normal quiet villager self.

AM was not a normal quiet villager last game..

Unlynch snowy
Lynch Zen

'Cause Zen is always a wolf, and snowy is usually a pretty good player that might be a regrettable D1 lynch

Zen is a better player then me btw so your logic doesn't make a ton of sense, but I can't tell if you are just joking about your reasoning or not.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a job. And today I have been the only tech for 3 doctors, so...not a ton of time to be hanging out on the thread thus far. But I'll be home in ~45 min and will catch up then, although I also have class tonight. Mondays are not my best days.

Although, Cheat -- considering you (and pretty much everyone else) lynched me D1 for being too active last game, and that you *fell asleep* during the last speed game...you're really going to drop a lynch vote on me for inactivity because I haven't posted since this morning? Mmmk.

Ugh I realize you were probably busy and I like keeping you around, but calling out cheat for falling asleep last game? Really? That seems like you are trying to distract to her and not allowing her to have good reasons for voting you because she's played poorly in the past.

Okay. So, I'm not enough posting enough content but I'm posting too much?

I see what people are meaning.. You gave advice to cheat, talked about where hmufasa came from, was in the conversation on bad guy vs good guys roles, gave Dr S the video link, tallied, joined the stl is sketch even when not playing convo, and commented on vmh's pocket pic.. All of which would be easy for a wolf to post to look like they are active without having to analyze anyone or anything.

Do you have anyone you are feeling is sketchy at this point?

Checking in between classes, since I may not be able to get on until tonight maybe.

I also didn't read much into the "dark thoughts" line. Could always be a curveball with the roles, but for now I'm just expecting the straightforward (Scar...) I wonder if Coopah would go into deep lore ;)

Weird to check in and give thoughts on game design, say you might not be able to check in tonight and then not cast a lynch vote.

Unlynch Kara

Lych Deva

Hour-and-a-half Left Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (2) - Pippy, DVMD
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (2) - LIS, 3m
Cheat (1) - Lupin
AM (1) - Lyra
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (1) - NSFW

Wafflemeter: 9 (5 from LIS)
24/26
lynch close in ~1.5 hours

Roll call: @Devastating @katashark

Edit to update as of 7:41.

Last edited:
I see what people are meaning.. You gave advice to cheat

I was just trying to give cheat a chance at actually playing this game instead of being the easy Day 1 lynch.

talked about where hmufasa came from

It was only a couple of posts and didn't distract from gameplay.

was in the conversation on bad guy vs good guys roles, gave Dr S the video link, tallied

And?

joined the stl is sketch even when not playing convo, and commented on vmh's pocket pic.. All of which would be easy for a wolf to post to look like they are active without having to analyze anyone or anything.

I can see this being a problem if all I posted was jokes, but there also been some analyzing/strategy as well.

Do you have anyone you are feeling is sketchy at this point?

Lyra. I'm not liking how she seems to have forgotten my playing style despite playing with and/or watching me in recent games.

Okay. Just got some time between studying to do a quick catch up. Mostly reading really fast so I may have missed some nuances but for now, in case I don't get time to check in again before lynch close I'm going to

Lynch Lyra

I didn't like the reasons for voting AM, seemed like a lazy vote without much substance. Also got mild feels from how she was calling attention to BBCs role post that has been discussed a few times. I got a chance to wolf with BBC in the last game and she's convinced she's a terrible wolf so I very highly doubt that as a wolf she would make an attention-grabbing statement like that.

Going to try and go back and re-read for more nuances, but I also have to study epidemiology tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Not feeling any solid feels so I'm gonna do the only reasonable thing and pull from LIS's book of tricks till this game gets going.

Lynch NSFW