The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My role PM just said Kiara, I have no idea if there's a young version of me floating around. Kiara ages in the movie too like Kovu does, they're love interests, but for what it's worth the IMDb page for the movie lists "Young Kiara" and "Kiara", not "Adult Kiara" or something.
I think it's interesting that you answer this point, but not the vanillager questions. Though I do find your answer for this particular point believable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's interesting that you answer this point, but not the vanillager questions. Though I do find your answer for this particular point believable.
Lupin is onto something, I'll say that much.

Reactions: 1 users
If there are multiples of major characters (young vs old), I am not sure that all of them would have an ability.

I am also curious about the theory that there is an old and young Kovu - if so, then would there be an old and young Kiara? Something to consider I guess

I'm just not seeing a reason to have multiples of the same character when we've got enough Lion King to go around. Seems like a waste.
With "young Kovu" revealed, I'm betting there's at most 4 "youngs" (the only major characters that appear as kids, Simba/Nala and Kovu/Kiara--I doubt it would go into the TLK2 side characters like "young vitani", that'd be a bit overkill). My role is also really minor, so these "duplicates" are probably not taking up a lot of roster space.
I can see the "young" versions as having more minor abilities, but I did notice that Lyra claimed just "Kiara" proper. That would be an easy role to claim (A major character, and prior to this lynch I definitely didn't come in expecting there to be young/old versions)--It makes the vanilla thing seem even more odd since if anything I'd expect an adult char to be more likely to have an ability than a "young" version...But I digress, saving this subject in the back of my mind for now

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a fairly minor character. Like, not painfully minor, but enough that if we included people on my character's level of screen time, there's probably a good selection between the three movies without duplication. If anyone else can give a nod to knowing that old/young characters are a thing, we can kind of put this behind us I guess, but I won't buy it until I've got proof.

Considering the earlier part of this discussion re: vanilla vs. not, I'm side-eyeing you a little bit right now for asking people to confirm this kind of thing.

And what proof would you even be looking for?

Regardless, as I've been thinking about this for a hot second, I'm a bit worried we're going to start going down a rabbit hole. Coop alluded to uniformly formatted role PM titles in the opening:

There is no PMing unless stated in your role description. Also, roles that were sent out only included your role name as the title so everyone is on the same page.

She actively called out not being able to use role formatting, so I guess I'm not sold on the idea that she wouldn't have further messed with the types of roles that are included so that people can't exploit it too easily.

With "young Kovu" revealed, I'm betting there's at most 4 "youngs" (the only major characters that appear as kids, Simba/Nala and Kovu/Kiara--I doubt it would go into the TLK2 side characters like "young vitani", that'd be a bit overkill). My role is also really minor, so these "duplicates" are probably not taking up a lot of roster space.
I can see the "young" versions as having more minor abilities, but I did notice that Lyra claimed just "Kiara" proper. That would be an easy role to claim (A major character, and prior to this lynch I definitely didn't come in expecting there to be young/old versions)--It makes the vanilla thing seem even more odd since if anything I'd expect an adult char to be more likely to have an ability than a "young" version...But I digress, saving this subject in the back of my mind for now
Major roles are actually harder to claim if they aren't legit, because you know if you're lying someone else has it. Something isn't adding up.

Do we think 1 1/2 is in here?
1 1/2 is mainly just Timon & Pumbaa (and characters already existing in part 1, with the exception of Timon's meerkat colony) so unless Coopah included Timon's relatives, it wouldn't add any additional characters to the roster

If Kovu was villager, Kiara will be too I'm pretty sure. I don't think we should lynch Lyra, and think we should take a look at who is pushing for her (AFTER the write up).

Reactions: 2 users
do you not think it's weird that kovu had an ability and kiara wouldn't though?

I think it's weird people are pushing for her to reveal an ability IF she has one, which could make her a wolf target... it frankly doesn't matter if she's a vanillager or not. I'm convinced she's not a wolf because if kovu wasn't, there's no way she would be.

Also, don't forget that this is a new mod game, so things might not be the most consistent ever (no offense mods, I love the ideas and game so far)!

Reactions: 3 users
I think it's weird people are pushing for her to reveal an ability IF she has one, which could make her a wolf target... it frankly doesn't matter if she's a vanillager or not. I'm convinced she's not a wolf because if kovu wasn't, there's no way she would be.

Also, don't forget that this is a new mod game, so things might not be the most consistent ever (no offense mods, I love the ideas and game so far)!
i get what you are saying

Members don't see this ad :)
Vet school was so friggin' easy comparatively.
Can you not ruin the illusion that vet school is the hardest thing I'll ever have to suffer through PLEASE

I'm probably in the minority. It's not just vet life beating me down. Don't worry, you'll be fine.
side-eye.gif

Edit: I posted this gif cause I thought you were being sarcastic about vet life, but now that I reread your comment I think I misinterpreted so now I feel like an ass. I hope everything is okay! ❤️

Man. I so get that.

All I am is exhausted nowadays.

Vet school was so friggin' easy comparatively.
I've been giggling for a while now knowing I get to go back to just being a vet student, so perspective is always a fascinating part of life.

I'm typing up this post and sending it before catching up so I don't forget what I wanted to say. I'll catch up and post full thoughts/analysis when I get home. Except that might be a little while because that exam was rough and I intend to stop and get some yummy food on the way home to eat my feelings about it.

Old vs Young in Lion King 2: I have seen this movie more than 100 times and basically grew up on it. To me it would make sense that Kovu has a "young" and "old" version while Kiara does not. Kiara was always the protagonist and was a fairly static character. Young Kovu started out as an antagonist due to his upbringing. He transformed into his protagonist self after moving to Pride Rock, and was basically a whole new character. Following that logic I would have expected the young Kovu to have a wolf lean, which clearly was not the case.

Kiara would have been a very bold wolf claim, and I am inclined to believe it for that reason. I'm with everyone else where I do not really believe the vanillager claim (though no one else had claimed vanillager so it was a bold move in itself).

I finally finished catching-up on the posts that I missed and here are some thoughts.

Neutral to Leaning Wolfy:

1. cheathac (cheat). Neutral to leaning wolfy. She didn’t seem to offer analyses of other players. I’d like to hear more from her.

2. Devastating (Dev). Neutral to leaning wolfy only because she missed D1 lynch vote. Later, she seemed to become active on thread during N1 cycle. So, struggling with this one. Need to hear more from her.

3. Genny. Neutral to leaning wolfy. She is not making an effort to contribute to game play unless she's too busy with real life. Made 1 post D1; no analysis; and no substance. Seems to be lurking and staying under the radar. I'd like to hear more from her.

4. katashark (kata). Leaning wolf. Kata said she would regret not voting to lynch Lyra (after Lyra’s so-called “Kiara” name role was reveal near end of D1). Kata threw a lynch vote onto NFSW at the last minute - even though NFSW was doing a suicide vote on himself and NFSW never bothered to return to the game. This seemed sketchy to me or maybe it was done to save Lyra from being lynched. Kata came into lynch vote very late on D1 but did not cast any lynch vote before close of lynch.

5. SARdoghandler (SAR). Neutral to leaning wolfy. So far, minimal posts and not many discussions to find wolves. Non-committal, but seems to be posting more in N1. I’d like to hear more from her because I'm struggling with this one.

6. Snowshoedog143 (Snowy). Now leaning wolfy because she started waffling near the end of D1 lynch cycle. She said she was leaning slight wolf on Zen but kept lynch vote on Deva instead. Then, she tried to change her vote from Deva to Lyra (even though she said that she thought Zen seemed slight wolf and didn't mention Deva again). Her Lyra lynch vote was too late - right after D1 lynch ended. So that whole series of waffling lynch votes seemed sketchy to me.

7. WildZoo (Dubz). Still leaning wolfy to me, but just my feels because I thought she was throwing shade at Snowy in early D1 but now I'm wondering if Snowy is a wolf at this time. So, I’d like to hear more from her.

8. Zensing (Zen). Neutral to leaning wolfy. Very quiet; barely participating in game. Not contributing to discussion to find wolves. Just my feels right now. I'd like to hear more from her.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see the point in lyra claiming vanillager in the first place. If she's village all it did was make her look suspicious to the rest of the village, and at the same time the wolves would probably figure she was BSing since she claimed a major character at the same time. That's why my brain immediately went to cover role (I can't be the only mod who has intentionally left major characters out of the roster for the wolves to use as cover roles, right?).

At any rate I would have rather seen her respond to the suspicions before lupes and others made her defense for her, but that's just me.

Reactions: 7 users
I haven't seen anyone pushing for her to reveal an ability...or say that a Kiara role would in itself be a wolf
But after her input tonight, I'm done looking there.

I think people should drop the Lyra ability thing. I'm inclined to believe the role claim given NSFW's role. I also disagree with BBC, I could see there being a few young vs grown up characters, like Simba, Nala and Kiara. Just my opinion on the matter.

After a quick skim, I'm willing to believe Lyra. I was thinking Lion King 2 would be included just based on the number of people on the roster. I'll read through after my exam. I will also not be on at close again as I will be out with my class celebrating the end of 3 academic years and the soon to be start to clinics!

This is a gentle reminder to get your night actions in. Day closes in about 15 minutes. If you do not submit an action you will not be doing anything tonight. On that note contingency actions are appreciated.

For the normally peaceful and quiet Pridelands last night was shockingly busy. Plans were hatched, identities were revealed, and some animals slept when they were supposed to to be keeping guard. Perhaps its was the fact that no one had to keep guard before. Suddenly people were awoken with thunderous roar and what sounded like quite the scuffle! They raced over to see who was fighting and found the body of @genny Kovu, a vigilante who could take out one suspected wolf during the night. Such big plans they had for him too.

Chatting, the animals were concerned, who could take out Kovu, a killer in his own right? Suddenly another cry went up! They raced to the source and became even more concerned. Dry and barren was @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo, the Water Hole, who could boost any animal with her refreshing waters twice during game. Now the animals were terrified, what could kill the source of African water? Maybe the source of Mexican water? Theories abound, each crazier than the next!
latest

It is now Day 2! Lynch ends at 9PM EDT.

Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Lupin21
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
21. @LetItSnow
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
24. @Doctor-S
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. @genny - Kovu

Well, that makes BBC's role comment make sense. :( But I still think that could have been RNG, there are a few of us playing that frequent the Watering Hole. Interesting to see that there are apparently some non-animal roles in the game.

Well, that makes BBC's role comment make sense. :( But I still think that could have been RNG, there are a few of us playing that frequent the Watering Hole. Interesting to see that there are apparently some non-animal roles in the game.
I think her comment was because she came up with The Watering Hole name suggestion :)

So, I'm thinking Fern was taken out by genny (i.e., a vigilante who could take out a suspected wolf during the night) on N1.

Then, genny was killed by wolves on N1 (unless wolves have more than one kill per night; is that even possible)?

Here are some thoughts before I leave.

Leaning Village (in alphabetical order):

1. DVMD (DVMDream). Village. My feels because her posts seem authentic; contributing and pensive. She seems to be looking for wolves. She also challenges players on the thread to respond to different comments (she's not mute); and calls-out players to challenge their comments, or lack thereof.

2. Hazelmoo. Despite some fluffy stuff and joke-type comments on D1, she started to discuss players late on D1. At first, she was neutral to me. But later in the game, she seemed more analytical and communicative. Liked her comment about a young Kovu and an old Kiara (currently claimed by Lyra). Her comments helped me to visualize this WW game as a game with conforming or non-conforming characters; if that makes sense to anyone. It seems as if nothing can be assumed about any character's role-name until established otherwise.

3. Jilary (jil). Leaning village. She seemed seriously displeased with NFSW’s suicide lynch vote and was willing to do battle to defend her comments and ideas. Willing to stand up for herself and justifies her ideas; contributing to discussion. Not perched on the sidelines.

4. LeTitsNow (LIS). Village. Just doesn’t feel wolfy to me; always seems to feel village to me.

5. LyraGardenia (Lyra). Claimed that she is someone called "Kiara" at end of D1. Leaning village - secondary to Kiara role-name reveal. I don’t think a wolf would be willing to offer a role-name reveal knowing they’re going to get called-out on the role-name reveal after they do it. Maybe I’m wrong, but it does not seem as if it would be a logical wolf strategy to do that. Plus, I’m guessing if there is another player in this game who is the “real Kiara" character (and not Lyra), he or she might start to go after Lyra hard or accuse Lyra of lying. In that case, I'd be squinting at Lyra and voting to lynch her for lying at close of D1.

6. Lupin21 (Lupes). Leaning village. Thinking ... contributing ... and offering concise analyses of different players. My feels.

7. vetmedhead (vmh). Leaning village. She doesn't obsess about players' game play based on other (past) WW games. She seems to be trying to find wolves, thinking, discussing, and calling people out on the thread.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to return later when I have more time.

It is possible for wolves to have more than one kill.
I'm not a mind reader and would need to look back over genny's posts but she was a one shot vig, I am not sure I believe that she would have used it on BBC last night.
We'll probably need to wait to see what happens during the rest of the game to have a better idea of what happened last night.

I'm going to back off of lyra even though I still feel like there was some weirdness there. Going to stick with my feels from yesterday pending rereads when I'm out of class.

lynch snowy

6. Lupin21 (Lupes). Leaning village. Thinking ... contributing ... and offering concise analyses of different players. My feels.

Lupin (love you Lupes, sorry) isn't even CLOSE to leaning village to me. She's wayyyyyyy too savvy for me to give a village read yet just because she's challenged a few players.

I was going to say it could be possible that BBC inadvertently boosted a wolf (then got chosen as one of the 2 kills), but rereading I see that it's only twice per game, so...doubt she'd use that immediately.

Looking up Zen now, her only other post is player meta discussion and calling out/voting DrS. Not sure I like her reasoning for that vote but I also just read DocS as village.

Just curious about your thoughts, what was her reasoning for voting DocS and why do you think its sketch?

I've never played a game with NSFW, and I understand the whole "people who vote for themselves" thing, but that was awfully convenient. .

This is a weird statement. How is it convenient getting yourself killed? What purpose would a villager have doing that except if they are crazy like NSFW and just doing it for the Lolz?

Lynch Snowy

I want to hear more from her after the half-hearted 3m pushing. Also looking back, seemed to emphasize on everyone questioning my playing style when it was really only Lyra.

Lupin (love you Lupes, sorry) isn't even CLOSE to leaning village to me. She's wayyyyyyy too savvy for me to give a village read yet just because she's challenged a few players.
heh. Luv you too. I only make it far as a wolf these days if converted as I am generally targeted first couple nights anyway. I am confident we can get this "but she's never trustworthy" out of the way and move on to bigger and better things.

heh. Luv you too. I only make it far as a wolf these days if converted as I am generally targeted first couple nights anyway. I am confident we can get this "but she's never trustworthy" out of the way and move on to bigger and better things.

I didn't say you're never trustworthy. Just that I can never tell when I can trust you. :)

But yes, wolfing sucks for some of us unless we have cover. Always seer'd.

After last night, I'm getting slight wolfy reads from WildZoo.

I'll check in later to see what else develops.

I got some feels from WZ too. That's where I'm thinking about putting my vote today

I agree with Dubz that BBC found her role name funny because BBC came up with the name for The Watering Hole. Makes me want to keep on eye on those that frequent The Watering Hole in case someone was able to figure out why BBC found her role funny

As much as this saddens me since she hasn't played in awhile, i have been informed that Lupin is a wolf guys.

### Lynch lupin###

Source will be kept anonymous unless the info is incorrect.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

I agree with Dubz that BBC found her role name funny because BBC came up with the name for The Watering Hole. Makes me want to keep on eye on those that frequent The Watering Hole in case someone was able to figure out why BBC found her role funny

Sorry, half thoughts, struggling to post complete thoughts after my exam

I would keep an eye on those people in case the wolves get an extra kill for non-animal roles

It's all good. I got all the info I needed to keep the wolves fat for days to come. I do thank you all for playing along. Just so you know, there is a neutral character and a chaos. Those are the only two that are ambiguous in role name versus alignment. And I am pretty sure because I am such a darling, they will be wolf sided as I also left instructions for wooing. :)

Lynch Snowy

I want to hear more from her after the half-hearted 3m pushing. Also looking back, seemed to emphasize on everyone questioning my playing style when it was really only Lyra.

I have explained every little detail of that 3m comment and I literally don't know what else to say about it... Look at the rest of my posts/play and ask me about those if you are questioning me.

I wasn't emphasizing everyone questioning your play style. You made a comment that was about how could you be accused of not posting content when you were posting a lot and I pointed out why that would be a possible conclusion from your posts. I don't think your play is different then past games and you aren't in my wolf leans right now. I thought it may be helpful because you are doing a good job at actively improving your game play each game.