The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also possibly more than one per named role? After all if there is a "Young" Kovu, possibility that there might be "older" roles as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay... guess there are some Lion King II characters.

Members don't see this ad :)
:annoyed: Great lynch.

What's with this? We're always more often going to lynch villagers. And if you are going to do stupid things (lynch yourself) you will win prizes that you don't like...being lynched. And deservingly so... I mean NSFW posted nothing but that vote for himself. I don't really feel bad. *shrug*

Reactions: 5 users
What's with this? We're always more often going to lynch villagers. And if you are going to do stupid things (lynch yourself) you will win prizes that you don't like...being lynched. And deservingly so... I mean NSFW posted nothing but that vote for himself. I don't really feel bad. *shrug*

Sorry, I didn't mean it to the people who lynched him. It was me annoyed with the fact he had a useful role and pretty much said "lynch me please"

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did Jilary just defend me? She hates me. I'm totally sketched out.

And grateful at the same time.
This is totally not true, I luvs you! :biglove: We may disagree sometimes, but I appreciate that you are usually reasonable about the disagreement and don't jump to "oh you're an idiot for not agreeing with me" like some people do.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't seen LK2 (kinda didn't know it was a thing) but I have seen The Lion Guard TV show so I think I know most of these characters.

Lion King 2 is amazing... I have it on DVD if anyone wants to come watch ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean it to the people who lynched him. It was me annoyed with the fact he had a useful role and pretty much said "lynch me please"

That's the problem with players who play as a chaos character regardless of their real affiliation.

MJ kinda started out that way, but has morphed into more of a "chaos is just my cover" type of player.

That's the problem with players who play as a chaos character regardless of their real affiliation.

MJ kinda started out that way, but has morphed into more of a "chaos is just my cover" type of player.
No, nowadays he just kinda plays a useless player...

Started lion king 2 up on my rabbit (link in watering hole) if anyone wants to join.

Is that the bad asian rip-off of Lion King 2?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 7 users
Thoughts on Lyra- Her character claim is a main character from LK2, and said at a time where at least a number of us were only expecting movie I inclusions. I feel like this would be pretty risky claim from a wolf. Where are others at here?

Man, eff fake time zones

It's also pretty common for wolves to focus on "game solving" (what do people think the mechanics are? what about this mechanic? who might wolves be? etc), especially if it's "game solving" without really committing to any strong votes. Another good way to seem involved without getting pinned to anything, and if you're clever, it's a good way to get villagers off on a red herring chase.

So I could see that vote....
I completely agree--and I tried to do it whenever possible when I was wolf in Minecraft. That first post wasn't really intended to be "game solving" of real substance, though :shrug: it was just super early in the game, and I found Zen's mechanic speculation odd.
Looking up Zen now, her only other post is player meta discussion and calling out/voting DrS. Not sure I like her reasoning for that vote but I also just read DocS as village.

Lion King 2 is amazing... I have it on DVD if anyone wants to come watch ;)
I have it on VHS ;)

I've never played a game with NSFW, and I understand the whole "people who vote for themselves" thing, but that was awfully convenient. While reading, I wasn't initially putting Lyra into either camp, but then I was also INCREDIBLY sketched out by her claim that she's Kiara and vanilla. Nooo way. Especially when we now have an example of a major character which had a power-role-lite ability.

No, nowadays he just kinda plays a useless player...
Harsh. I try, I just don't have much energy lately, everything is hard. I used to post more on SDN in one day than I have in the past four weeks, so obviously this isn't about Werewolf. But I try.

Thoughts on Lyra- Her character claim is a main character from LK2, and said at a time where at least a number of us were only expecting movie I inclusions. I feel like this would be pretty risky claim from a wolf. Where are others at here?
IDK, given the size of this game and the nature of WW I was kind of expecting character inclusions to at least dip into TLK2 (and possibly even deeper, but probably not--there are only so many options in part 1), so I don't think a major sequel character was a particularly risky claim.

ETA: Kiara sort of appears right at the end of TLK1...the baby. :p (unless you go into lore and all that blahblahblah but for continuity/simplicity's sake)

IDK, I was kind of expecting character inclusions to at least dip into TLK2 (and possibly even deeper, but probably not--there are only so many options in part 1), so I don't think a major sequel character was a particularly risky claim.
So you would think that Kiara was not included but Kovu is? I guess I am trying to decide if the claim was poorly done, but still likely village.

So you would think that Kiara was not included but Kovu is? I guess I am trying to decide if the claim was poorly done, but still likely village.
Knowing that Kovu is in this game means it's likely Kiara is as well, but now I'm trying to sort out how much I believe that Kiara would be a vanillager role

It's not that Kiara would not be included, but that I find the role claim + ability claim doubtful (a major char being vanillager). It seems so cover-y or made up...but on the other hand it could've been an attempt to conceal ability, in which case bolded is possible.

It's not that Kiara would not be included, but that I find the role claim + ability claim doubtful (a major char being vanillager). It seems so cover-y or made up...but on the other hand it could've been an attempt to conceal ability, in which case bolded is possible.

hehe. This is basically what I was getting at. We don't have PM in the game, so I am wondering how much experience some have with subtle of information transfer and such.

Given that my role specifically states "You are X! There's not much told to us about X, so as a result you are a vanillager...but you are still a part of the circle of life!" I find it unlikely that a major role would be a vanillager, unless this is a very vanillager heavy game.

I at first thought it was a pretty sketchy role claim and well within wolfy bounds (something that could be conceivable but obscure enough that it wouldn't likely be duplicated) which affirmed my vote for today (not that I made it back before lynch close anyway). However, given that we now have a young kovu, I'm actually more inclined to believe the role claim. I still have some points against Lyra from earlier today which I mentioned earlier but I am willing to maybe let Lyra go for another while now and look elsewhere.

And yes, my reasons for voting Lyra were similar to vmh's but I feel like a large part of that is the fact I came to the party late and only really had time to skim, so no real time to create in detail thoughts. Just wanted to put some justification to my vote knowing that I likely wouldn't be back before lynch close today.

Idk whether kiara/lyra is a villager or not, but i do not think she is vanilla at all, and that lie feels weird to me. Or, it could be that there is a young kiara who has an ability and older kiara does not? Could there be an old kovu who is a vanillager? Idk.

The vanillager thing is just rubbing me the wrong way...

I am also curious about the theory that there is an old and young Kovu - if so, then would there be an old and young Kiara? Something to consider I guess

I am also curious about the theory that there is an old and young Kovu - if so, then would there be an old and young Kiara? Something to consider I guess
I'm mainly wondering because Lyra's claim was just Kiara, with no age modifier
I'm just not seeing a reason to have multiples of the same character when we've got enough Lion King to go around. Seems like a waste.

I'm just not seeing a reason to have multiples of the same character when we've got enough Lion King to go around. Seems like a waste.
I mean, based off of NSFW's role name specifically mentioning age, I think it's a logical conclusion that there are old and young iterations of the same character.

Reactions: 3 users

According to wikipedia and Lion King Characters — My Lion King

There looks like there are ~20 main characters between 1, 2, and 1 1/2, since there are 26 players in this game I could see there being old and young versions of some of the main main characters. But if there are minor roles or characters from the books or movies, then probably not.

Yeah, I have no idea if the so called "old" would be a modifier or if they are simply called by name. Guess we'll eventually find out.
But, I was thinking about this, too. I'm not very familiar with the sequel, so I guess I could also see a scenario where the character doesn't change in age in the movies, and therefore doesn't get a distinction.

It honestly could also just be Coop messing with role titles so people can't use some dumb villager code to hack their way through actually wolf hunting.

According to wikipedia and Lion King Characters — My Lion King

There looks like there are ~20 main characters between 1, 2, and 1 1/2, since there are 26 players in this game I could see there being old and young versions of some of the main main characters. But if there are minor roles or characters from the books or movies, then probably not.
I'm a fairly minor character. Like, not painfully minor, but enough that if we included people on my character's level of screen time, there's probably a good selection between the three movies without duplication. If anyone else can give a nod to knowing that old/young characters are a thing, we can kind of put this behind us I guess, but I won't buy it until I've got proof.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm mainly wondering because Lyra's claim was just Kiara, with no age modifier
My role PM just said Kiara, I have no idea if there's a young version of me floating around. Kiara ages in the movie too like Kovu does, they're love interests, but for what it's worth the IMDb page for the movie lists "Young Kiara" and "Kiara", not "Adult Kiara" or something.