The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They must have gotten incredibly confused about what the rule is.

Maybe. Won't know until they explain, so I'm lynching at least until am explanation is provided.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I'm back from work, and have caught up. Sorry in advance for the stream of consciousness posting, but some people said I was "quiet". Can't let THAT nonsense stand.

danggit 3m was going to be my first lynch vote and for that reason. But since her name is now on the table, I will find someone else :p
This is just not like you, and it's weirding me out a little bit

But ... I am a villager, and not a wolf.
I didn't see anything prompting this statement. I struggle to read Dr. S, so to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get a great read here, but this and a couple of other statements struck me as odd.

I know LotF's got other things on her mind at the moment, but this seemed like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.
Lol yeah, I would say she probably has some real life stuff going on. But aside from that, this seems like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.

I also just read the "dark thoughts" bit in the writeup as referring to Scar's plotting, I'd be confused and a little annoyed if "good" characters from the movie are wolves. And I didn't read too much into the bit about resources, maybe referring to items, or just artistic license.
Why would you be confused and annoyed? I mean, I know that Coop likes this movie a lot and I would imagine she'd play it straight with the roles, but if she didn't, you'd be annoyed?

I'll probably change this later but for now I'm going to lynch BBC, as some of her posts are setting me off and are almost artfully unhelpful but seem like strategy at first glance.
The good (?) news about BBC is that if she is a wolf, she tends to self-implode with some pressure (sorry BBC, I say this with love). So I think it might be good to test that at some point in the near future and see what happens.

Why on earth would you hold back just because someone else did????
That was my question as well

I also could come back to a cheatac lynch for that bizarrely-defensive reaction to a single D1 lynch vote.

Actually. I think I will.

unlynch zensing

lynch cheat
You've played with Cheat before. Last game, in fact, when she did basically the same thing on D1. And yet you're surprised by an overly defensive, bizarre reaction this time around?

I also agree that cheat was awkwardly defensive over one vote but I think she's done that before in a prior game and was village.
Yup. I am not a big fan of the reaction, but I don't see much difference between the last game and this one at the moment.

Granted, I am the first one to admit I have not seen the Lion King. Just saying.
I'm not sure why you're fixated on this. (I mean, it's a great movie -- game aside, you should see it). But this just seems like a bit of a distraction tactic to me. Again, I have difficulty parsing you sometimes (e.g. the speed game where you were a wolf and I kept giving you village cred for your posts), so it appears nothing has changed about that :p

I wanted to do it to get 3m talking up front, but it was already done so no use double voting there unless I start getting wolfy vibes from her.
:yeahright:
No, the point is to put pressure on people to see how they respond. You're not locked into a lynch vote after making one, and you know this, so I'm not sure why there was hesitation from you on applying a little heat. Again, it's starting to weird me out.

Can you explain what this means?
Are you having telephone conversations/social media conversations with Snowy or with other players in this game?
What? I'm pretty sure no one is doing that -- if they were, they'd be breaking the game rules, and that's some bad juju.

Also, just for the record, cheat seems to have a trend of over-reacting to lynch votes D1 and getting lynched as a villager. I don't find her reaction out of her normal. I'd prefer to give her at least another day so she doesn't stay noob forever lol.

BBC comments are sketchy weird, but I've only played with her once when she was a wolf so I might be biased to that. Also, I think she said she was gone for the rest of the day, so I don't really want to lynch her based off 3 comments when she can't defend.

Also where is @PippyPony ? She is usually an ever talkative force on thread so it's odd she only posted twice so far? :p
See comment above about BBC. I am not too concerned about her at this point, to be honest. I'm getting more of a village read than non-village read, and if she gets weirder, we can throw some lynch votes on her tomorrow.

Lynch snowy

Only one I've gotten any kind of feels from so far. Reluctance to put a second vote on 3m was odd, since having a bunch of people with one vote doesn't make for a very useful lynch.
Yup, I agree with this.

PippyPony (pippy) Where is she? She said that she has extra time this week to play in this game, so why is is she being so aloof right now?
I think this is the first time I've ever been called "aloof" in one of these games. I feel like I should get a gold star right now for exercising restraint lol
(But in all seriousness, I don't have *extra* time, I just have *some* time compared to what I usually do. But that sadly doesn't mean I can blow off work entirely).

Edit: I realize I still probably fall under the category of noob to most of you haha.
I mean, you are a good player, though, so I don't know where that earlier nonsense was coming from.

Yeah and my lynch vote was cast as a joke in response...I really don't have wolf feels (yet..lol.). So I was kinda wondering what other people were thinking when they threw your name up for lynch...
And similarly...3M, you're throwing out semi-retaliatory joke votes?

Unlynch snowy
Lynch Zen

'Cause Zen is always a wolf, and snowy is usually a pretty good player that might be a regrettable D1 lynch
And then "always a wolf" votes? Gonna be real -- I don't like this.

Yeah I can see your point, I just took the comments from snowy and Pippy as a joke because a made a comment about having never been a wolf in the last game.
Wolves can make jokes too ;) and knowing pippy I'm sure even though there was a joke involved, she was still interested in your response
Oh guess what -- villagers can also make jokes ;)

And yes, my initial comment was made with friendly -- and simultaneously serious -- intent. And I continue to be interested in the response.
Okay. So, I'm not enough posting enough content but I'm posting too much?
I actually didn't really see this until AM pointed it out, but yeah -- sketch point for Lyra. Especially because when she was a wolf, she made a couple posts that had inner contradictions like that one.

DrS has made some comments that have seemed off. I also don't know how you can have Lupin as village lean when she's only posted a couple times and there hasn't really been anything to make you lean one way or the other
I feel like there are a few people who it's just kind of a mistake to put as solid village lean early on. I've played 1 game with Lupin. It was a speed game, she was a villager. Despite that, she's probably not ever going on my village reads until mid-game at least. She could certainly be village, but maybe iiitt's a traaaaap.

Snowy's reluctance to put another vote on 3m is odd. She does tend to be sketchy early game but tends to have good thoughts
I mean, Snowy is one of my favorite players. I'm struggling a bit with her right now, because those earlier posts did give me a weird vibe, but I'm worried I'm looking at this through a clouded lens.

She also has exams, and to be fair, I think we pushed her to be talkative last game. Is she usually very talkative when not up for lynch?
LOL. Yes.

We had this discussion last game. I am always a wolf in basics games only :). Also, I don't count as a good player? :cryi:
Are...are you possibly village? I don't know how to process this new Zen.

I didn't think BBC's comment was necessarily wolfy, I think she would have been more careful not to hint at her role in that case. It just seemed like a weird comment to make on thread.
As opposed to where? Also, this comment has some eerily similar tones to your role-fishing comments when you were a wolf.

I don't know if that count as "sudden change" if participating more is something I've done over the last five games...
I agree, this strikes me as a natural progression.

kinda oddy preemptive defending
Lol I do not want to die. So yeah, preemptive "please don't kill me" statement. #Sorrynotsorry

Ok that is understandable. However, there is no need to get so defensive. Yes I know I got a little when someone lynched me randomly as well today, but I didn't get this defensive and snippy. And "fell asleep"? Sorry it was like close to midnight when it was going on and didn't end till 2. I also have 12 hour days filled with class and work. We all do. It was a genuine reason for not being involved in that one.
I honestly went "what?!" and then laughed at the irony.

21c4ce42769f0bad9ad0c2912dffc585_bear-woah-shots-fired-shots-fired-meme_490-178.jpeg
Damn straight shots fired. I correctly called that Cheat was a villager the last few games, and have not once voted to lynch her, because I want to give her more experience with playing. I am still getting village vibes, but I also have finite patience.

Honestly I'm ready to start lynching people who keep bringing up irrelevant crap from previous games just so I don't have to hear about it anymore. There's a difference between "meta" and throwing spaghetti at the walls to see what sticks.

That being said, I looked back through the thread and Lyra is giving me more feels than BBC at the moment.

Unlynch BBC/Ferny, lynch Lyra
I agree with the bottom line (lyra --> more sketch than BBC right now), but I don't get the lead-in statement. If you're not basing early feels off of previous experiences, what are you basing it off of? Not all wolves are going to nicely self-destruct.

Although I do want to add that I recognize that it is finals week or close to it for many of the people playing the game right now (or your life is even worse than finals week and you have an actual full time job), so I have no beef if you're not on thread for long periods of time. It makes my hackles raise when people bring it up constantly though.
How do you feel about people bringing up the fact that they have a full time job AND finals? My life is busier than your life :p (ok probably not)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Karabiner13 Thanks for the tag, I would've loved to play, but I'm SWAMPED right now, and probably won't be able to play any games til I'm out of class in a couple more weeks.

(I'm honestly kind of glad I haven't been on sdn since Thursday, since I probably would've signed up for this nonsense otherwise, and that wouldn't have reflected well on my grades haha)

Reactions: 1 users
I disagree. Not on the point about cheat, that I agree with. But on the we need to rewrite what we consider sketchy. Those things are sketchy because they have repeatedly caught wolves. It just so happens to be that noobs also do those things due to enthusiasm and not knowing. However, many noobs have learned why certain things are seen as sketchy and have adjusted and graduated from noobdom.

I think as experienced players, we just need to recognize that noobs can do sketchy things out of not knowing. How to determine if it is noobness or wolfy is the difficult part. I'd say if they continue to raise flags throughout the game then they should be lynched.
Lol, of course you disagree.

I have, since I started playing, watched people get lynched for early enthusiasm and early defending. And okay, I admit I don't have solid data, but my impression - having paid attention - is that it's **** for catching wolves. But it's a great way to waste an early lynch on a noob who doesn't know better and spare people who are enjoyed as players for further analysis.

Which isn't wrong, per se, but I hate to see people actually try and say it is good wolf hunting. It's crap for that, imo, and not only that but it frankly discourages enthusiasm and that's lame.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay. Just got some time between studying to do a quick catch up. Mostly reading really fast so I may have missed some nuances but for now, in case I don't get time to check in again before lynch close I'm going to

Lynch Lyra

I didn't like the reasons for voting AM, seemed like a lazy vote without much substance. Also got mild feels from how she was calling attention to BBCs role post that has been discussed a few times. I got a chance to wolf with BBC in the last game and she's convinced she's a terrible wolf so I very highly doubt that as a wolf she would make an attention-grabbing statement like that.

Going to try and go back and re-read for more nuances, but I also have to study epidemiology tonight so we'll see how that goes.
You mirrored what vmh said here... This feels like you just wrapped it in different packaging to get a vote in.

Lol, of course you disagree.

I have, since I started playing, watched people get lynched for early enthusiasm and early defending. And okay, I admit I don't have solid data, but my impression - having paid attention - is that it's **** for catching wolves. But it's a great way to waste an early lynch on a noob who doesn't know better and spare people who are enjoyed as players for further analysis.

Which isn't wrong, per se, but I hate to see people actually try and say it is good wolf hunting. It's **** for that, imo, and often just discourages enthusiasm.
It isn't enthusiasm for defending per say, it is more like they seemed maybe a bit jumpy, but then did they start posting okay after the defense. cheat hasn't come back that I've seen, so I would love it if she came back so I can get a better read on her.

@PippyPony to respond to your question about my 3m hesitancy: I like wide discussion especially D1, I would rather start the day with multiple people on the table and narrow down my thoughts about their responses as the day goes. There were 3 votes when I made that comment, so I wanted a different person to discuss as well and not just vote on one of the three originals which makes it easier for people to bandwagon/tunnel early on. I only made that comment because I thought it was funny to myself that you said pretty much what I was going to say, but at that point 3m hadn't said anything that made me think she was wolfy. Kara is a person I like to play with but has been a wolf enough to be good at it, so I voted her instead. I've liked what she's posted recently and I think Deva's one comment was sketch so I changed my vote. Everyone is reading into a comment I didn't give much thought to writing and I understand where you are coming from, but there's really not much more I can say about it.

It isn't enthusiasm for defending per say, it is more like they seemed maybe a bit jumpy, but then did they start posting okay after the defense. cheat hasn't come back that I've seen, so I would love it if she came back so I can get a better read on her.
I know the point that I'm arguing, and would have liked to have seen DVMD's response without interjection.

Not feeling any solid feels so I'm gonna do the only reasonable thing and pull from LIS's book of tricks till this game gets going.

Lynch NSFW

Uhhh.. What? This seems too easy. Trap?

Weird to check in and give thoughts on game design, say you might not be able to check in tonight and then not cast a lynch vote.

Unlynch Kara

Lych Deva

It's also pretty common for wolves to focus on "game solving" (what do people think the mechanics are? what about this mechanic? who might wolves be? etc), especially if it's "game solving" without really committing to any strong votes. Another good way to seem involved without getting pinned to anything, and if you're clever, it's a good way to get villagers off on a red herring chase.

So I could see that vote....

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the point that I'm arguing, and would have liked to have seen DVMD's response without interjection.

Then you and I disagree. I've seen it catch wolves. It caught cuit very early one game and that was a long arse time ago. I'm not even voting cheat, for the most part, I agree with you and see where you are coming from. But it has in multiple games caught wolves and if those players continue to have red flags, I will lynch them, because I can't write off every sketch thing as noobness, at some point a noob will be a wolf.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

They must have gotten incredibly confused about what the rule is.

I'm not sure how they could have gotten so confused as to think my rule is "vote for yourself when you aren't sure who else to vote for"...... that's more than just a stretch.

Lupin, we need to get drinks. (Totally not apropos to the game, I'm just in a drinkie mood.) Find an excuse to come to VECCS this fall.

haha. considering I am the one currently voting cheat and saw her defense as a flag, I felt it pertinent to weigh in. What I say will have zero influence on DVMD's reply I'm sure.

You've played with Cheat before. Last game, in fact, when she did basically the same thing on D1. And yet you're surprised by an overly defensive, bizarre reaction this time around?

Hey, the old man can't even remember who is dead or living half the time. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Are you seriously surprised I can't remember Cheat's reactions in previous games? Gimme a break. My memory (or lack thereof) is legendary.

I barely recognize Cheat's username, much less remember how she has played.

I'm not sure how they could have gotten so confused as to think my rule is "vote for yourself when you aren't sure who else to vote for"...... that's more than just a stretch.

Lupin, we need to get drinks. (Totally not apropos to the game, I'm just in a drinkie mood.) Find an excuse to come to VECCS this fall.
For sure on drinks. I will see what i can do now that I'll be a vet student again.

THIRTY MINUTES LEFT Left Lynch Tally

cheat (2) - Jil, Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM (1) - Lyra
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (3) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS

Wafflemeter: 11 (6 from LIS)
24/26
lynch close in ~30 minutes

Roll call: @Devastating @katashark

Last edited:
Are you seriously surprised I can't remember Cheat's reactions in previous games? Gimme a break. My memory (or lack thereof) is legendary.

I barely recognize Cheat's username, much less remember how she has played.

When did I say I was surprised? ;) I pointed out that it seemed like you were surprised.
Which, to be honest, I'm not thrilled about because it feels like a convenience vote.

When did I say I was surprised? ;) I pointed out that it seemed like you were surprised.
Which, to be honest, I'm not thrilled about because it feels like a convenience vote.

You pointed out that I was surprised when you felt I shouldn't be. Which.... makes no sense. Like I said, I hardly know who cheat is.

Do you even understand the point you're trying to make? Or are you just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative?

And as far as a convenience vote ... um ... I haven't had my vote on cheat for a handful of waffles now.

Oh no! I haven't watched Lion King in a while, but is this a not well thought out posting restriction? Mods would have to have a death wish if so. haha

Hahahaha. No, no post restriction. I'm just all over the vote today.

I'll probs go back to Zensing if NSFW starts making sense. Though I might go to Snowy. Kinda feeling that vote. I'm not going back to Cheat (today, anyway). And I really don't like the DocS vote.

Lol yeah, I would say she probably has some real life stuff going on. But aside from that, this seems like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.
I wouldn't call it fixating, I was commenting on several things I noticed.

Why would you be confused and annoyed? I mean, I know that Coop likes this movie a lot and I would imagine she'd play it straight with the roles, but if she didn't, you'd be annoyed?
It just seems unnecessarily complicated to me to switch up affiliations when it's already a movie with a clear group of "bad guys" and a bunch of good guys/innocents. I'm not going to get up in arms about it if Coop made affiliations RNG, but it would seem a little weird to me.

I actually didn't really see this until AM pointed it out, but yeah -- sketch point for Lyra. Especially because when she was a wolf, she made a couple posts that had inner contradictions like that one.
How is that a contradiction? That is what I meant, she's made lots of posts but not much real content. People seem to be hardcore tunneling on me for some reason, it was a D1 lynch vote, of course my reasoning is weak. If anyone has feels for someone else (other than me), I'd be glad to hear it.

As opposed to where?
In her role PM. Like BBC herself said, she wasn't hinting at an ability, it just seemed like a weird thing to hint about on thread when it could have been said to just Coop.

Hahahaha. No, no post restriction. I'm just all over the vote today.

I'll probs go back to Zensing if NSFW starts making sense. Though I might go to Snowy. Kinda feeling that vote. I'm not going back to Cheat (today, anyway). And I really don't like the DocS vote.

I don't mind Snowy's replies to my questions. DocS I agree is also not setting of flags. Feeling like the lack of response from Lyra means a villager is going down. Don't have a good place to go necessarily unless something shifts for a Chinese Fire Drill in these last moments.

In the interest of self-preservation,

Unlynch AM, lynch NSFW

I'm still not feeling Snowy or Doc S is sketchy, and LIS rule and all.

Well, speak of the devil. These tags can be so useful. Lyra, out of those closest in votes to you, who would you vote and why?
Woops, ninja'd you again! And for the record I was already typing before you tagged me, I'm on my phone and it took a while to delete the rest of Pippy's tl;dr. :rolleyes:

I am beyond hardcore eyeballing everyone going for the NSFW vote. Seriously? We think that's a wolf vs. noob move?

Maybe I'm just grumpy this evening but c'mon.

Reactions: 6 users
I am beyond hardcore eyeballing everyone going for the NSFW vote. Seriously? We think that's a wolf vs. noob move?

Plus it's just him lol. Ya kinda just have to go with it for awhile...lol

I don't know Lyra is sounding more on the village side to me... I feel like NSFW is a weird trick or something, but maybe I'm a paranoid person. I am interesting in hearing more from @kcoughli and Deva when they get on again. Zen is slight wolf right now, and I agree with whoever it was that said wolf BBC implodes under pressure, but that can also wait until she's around.

I don't remember LIS waffling so much before? I don't know what to make of it...just mood? Lol

I didn't particularly want to, but he was the best option out of the runners-up. Although someone else needs to switch, I'm leery of ties after last game...

Why would would a noob vote himself out of the game? Especially since he's played before?

Yes in fact there in the tally as well!
*they're :p
Can we all just vote to lynch @SummerTheLynx just to make <SURE>?

I mean, he might be some non-roster'd hidden player.
I can totally get on board with this!!! :D

Glad to see AM posting and participating more!

Seriously what the hell is with NSFW voting for himself? I almost want to switch my vote. When is lynch close?

TEN MINUTES. Plus a tie.

Official Lynch Tally

cheat (2) - Jil, Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()