The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, just for the record, cheat seems to have a trend of over-reacting to lynch votes D1 and getting lynched as a villager. I don't find her reaction out of her normal. I'd prefer to give her at least another day so she doesn't stay noob forever lol.

Well, probably the best way to help her is to keep lynching her when she overreacts so she learns not to overreact, rather than say "Oh, let's just ignore it."

I mean, an overreaction is a tell for some people. *shrug*

Look at how often LoTF got lynched when she started playing. Now she's a pretty decent contributor when she has the time to analyze. Just takes time.

BBC comments are sketchy weird, but I've only played with her once when she was a wolf so I might be biased to that. Also, I think she said she was gone for the rest of the day, so I don't really want to lynch her based off 3 comments when she can't defend.

Which BBC comments are these? I can't find anything that jumps out to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Lynch snowy

Only one I've gotten any kind of feels from so far. Reluctance to put a second vote on 3m was odd, since having a bunch of people with one vote doesn't make for a very useful lynch.

I can get on this. Especially since people seem to think cheat's reaction was par for the course. Regardless of what I said above, I do hate to hammer on a n00b, even though it's a tough love approach.

unlynch cheat

lynch snowy

Actually, gonna hold off. I think that might make 4-5 votes for Snowy, and I don't want to make it an easy pile-on for wolves if Snowy is a villager.

unlynch Snowy

Going back to my initial: lynch zensing

Members don't see this ad :)
WAFFLES :hungry: Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmoo (1) - AM
Snowy (4) - LOtF, 3m, BBC, WZ
Kara (1) - Snowy
Doc S (2) - kcough, genny
LIS () -
BBC (1) - vmh
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - LIS
Cheat () -

Wafflemeter: 6 (5 from LIS)
12/26
lynch close in 5 hours

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch snowy

Only one I've gotten any kind of feels from so far. Reluctance to put a second vote on 3m was odd, since having a bunch of people with one vote doesn't make for a very useful lynch.

I still don't get it. There were votes for lots of people, so one vote wouldn't necessarily get 3m talking. So you seem to be defeating your own stated goal.

Weak wolf for Snowshoe.

I had nothing on her except that she hasn't been a wolf yet. Pippy already got her talking. I have her as neutral right now, so no reason to put a vote on her. I only made that comment because I thought it was funny Pippy wrote almost exactly what I was going to before I read the thread today.

Reactions: 1 user
I caught up with the posts and here are some of my thoughts:

If no one posts on this thread, I'm going to place them in the "leaning wolf category" because I have no way of determining if they're good or bad at this time.

Lion King Roster (in alphabetical order):

Animal Midwife (AM). Neutral or leaning village. She seems to be making an effort to analyze game play (e.g., mentioning made-up cover roles and titles).

cheathac (cheat). Neutral or leaning village. Just my feel.

Devastating. Neutral

Doctor-S (DRS): Village (i.e., me).

DVMD (DVMDream). Leaning Village

genny. Nothing

hazelmoo. Neutral or leaning village. She reminded cheat that mufasa is a good guy which was liked by mod and AM. Post 232.

Karabiner13 (kara). Nothing

katashark (kata). Nothing

kcoughli. Neutral to me (although she has thrown shade my way).

Jilary (jil). Nothing

LadyOtheFarm (LOTF). Might be leaning wolf because she chose to play in this game (despite the birth of a new baby - yay!). But, now she is very quiet. If she is at home with her new baby, I would guess that she would be near the Internet and available to check-in and post. Just a thought, that's all.

LeTitsNow (LIS). Leaning village. He is trying to analyze game play.

LyraGardenia (Lyra). Neutral

Lupin21 (Lupes) Leaning village

mmmdreamerz (3m). Neutral

Mad Jack (MJ). Nothing

NSFW. Nothing

PippyPony (pippy) Where is she? She said that she has extra time this week to play in this game, so why is is she being so aloof right now?

SARdoghandler (SAR). Nothing

Snowshoedog143 (Snowy). Don't know about her. It sounds as if she is trying to initiate more discussion on thread ... or may be distracting.

TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (Fern/BBC). Leaning village to me because she mentioned something about humor and what she thinks might be clever modly intervention in role distribution. If Fern was a wolf, I would expect her to be more guarded, reserved and paranoid at the beginning of a WW game.

Trilt. Nothing

vetmedhead (vmh). Neutral

WildZoo (Dubz). Leaning wolf because I don't think it seems unusual for a player on the first day of a WW game to be reluctant to throw a vote at anyone, just to cause a jump aboard and pile-up on the first day. I may be wrong, but that's just my humble feeling right now.

Zensing (Zen). Nothing

Well, probably the best way to help her is to keep lynching her when she overreacts so she learns not to overreact, rather than say "Oh, let's just ignore it."

I mean, an overreaction is a tell for some people. *shrug*

Look at how often LoTF got lynched when she started playing. Now she's a pretty decent contributor when she has the time to analyze. Just takes time.

Which BBC comments are these? I can't find anything that jumps out to me.

Eh maybe I'm just nicer to noobs.. I wasn't around when LoTF started to play so I don't know about that.

Making 1 post now and then you won't see me on here again until my exam is done (so 10:00pm PST tomorrow).

Either RNG had a sense of humour or there was a bit of modly intervention in role distribution. :laugh:

This is the post I found weird. I guess didn't re-read through her posts before I said she was sketch, I was weirded out this morning that she said she wouldn't be back until after lynch close and didn't cast a vote, but now she has so nvm that. And the other posts don't seem necessarily sketch on a re-read.

Edit: I realize I still probably fall under the category of noob to most of you haha.

WAFFLES :hungry: Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa (1) - AM
Kara (1) - Snowy
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - vmh
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - LIS
Cheat () -
WZ (1) - Doc S

14/26
lynch close in ~5 hours

Edited to add hmufasa

Lynch LIS, too many damn waffles :p

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that cheat's overreaction to one lynch vote was weird, but understandable from her since she keeps getting killed off early (sorry about that last game :p). Some of Dr. S's comments have seemed off to me, but she's one of those that's always hard to read. I'm not seeing what everyone else thinks is sketchy about Snowy.

Lynch AM, she's made a lot of posts but several were just comments about past games, and a couple posts were defending other players for them. She's not being her normal quiet villager self.

No more waffles :( Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa (1) - AM
Kara (1) - Snowy
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - vmh
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - LIS
Cheat () -
AM (1) - Lyra

14/26
lynch close in ~4.5 hours

I had nothing on her except that she hasn't been a wolf yet. Pippy already got her talking. I have her as neutral right now, so no reason to put a vote on her. I only made that comment because I thought it was funny Pippy wrote almost exactly what I was going to before I read the thread today.

Yeah and my lynch vote was cast as a joke in response...I really don't have wolf feels (yet..lol.). So I was kinda wondering what other people were thinking when they threw your name up for lynch...

Unlynch snowy
Lynch Zen

'Cause Zen is always a wolf, and snowy is usually a pretty good player that might be a regrettable D1 lynch

One more waffles :D Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa (1) - AM
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara (1) - Snowy
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - vmh
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (2) - LIS, 3m
Cheat () -
AM (1) - Lyra

Wafflemeter: 7 (5 from LIS)
14/26
lynch close in ~4.5 hours

Yeah and my lynch vote was cast as a joke in response...I really don't have wolf feels (yet..lol.). So I was kinda wondering what other people were thinking when they threw your name up for lynch...
Meh, I stand by my commentary. Still think snowy's comment was weird in the context of her wanting to see how people defend themselves. You made two nothing comments after pippy's vote. If snowy actually wanted to get you talking in a meaningful way, she did a bad job of it :shrug:

Meh, I stand by my commentary. Still think snowy's comment was weird in the context of her wanting to see how people defend themselves. You made two nothing comments after pippy's vote. If snowy actually wanted to get you talking in a meaningful way, she did a bad job of it :shrug:

Yeah I can see your point, I just took the comments from snowy and Pippy as a joke because a made a comment about having never been a wolf in the last game.

Yeah I can see your point, I just took the comments from snowy and Pippy as a joke because a made a comment about having never been a wolf in the last game.
Wolves can make jokes too ;) and knowing pippy I'm sure even though there was a joke involved, she was still interested in your response

I'm interpreting this as a joke, but I just want to be sure: Are you joking, or do you actually find it wolfy to waffle?

I'd actually like an answer, if yer willing. It matters to me.

I'm somewhat joking, but I was a teeny bit off-put by it because you could be a wolf trying to cover your bases for later. "See, look how I voted for so-and-so and they were a wolf, I must be innocent yadda yadda". Not saying that you would do that, but in general, I could see how waffling a ton could be considered wolfy.

I read that part more as artistic license, but I suppose you could be right -- I'm not sure how deliberate Coop is planning to be with her wording. Although on the flip side, there are a lot of possibilities for animals to choose from, and resources (except territory, I guess?) don't really play much of a role in the movie. So I dunno.

Maybe I read too much into it. There was a lot of artistic license in Telenovela but Coop might be changing that this game. I'll keep it in mind going forward and see how things play out.

I'm somewhat joking, but I was a teeny bit off-put by it because you could be a wolf trying to cover your bases for later. "See, look how I voted for so-and-so and they were a wolf, I must be innocent yadda yadda". Not saying that you would do that, but in general, I could see how waffling a ton could be considered wolfy.

Ok. I buy it.

If you had said "joke" I was moving you wolfy in my book.

If you had said "serious" I was moving you village (even though I disagree with the logic, I 'get it').

Just for the record, have you ever known me to say "I voted for so-n-so and they were a wolf, I must be innocent"??

If I ever did that, people would roll their eyes and say "You're bussing."

:)

Anyway, +1 village for Hmoo.

Unlynch snowy
Lynch Zen

'Cause Zen is always a wolf, and snowy is usually a pretty good player that might be a regrettable D1 lynch

Lynch 3m

I'm tired of people using past games or "always a wolf" as a reason to lynch. Think of this game. It is different if you notice they are acting the same as when they were a wolf in a game, but the whole "always a wolf" excuse pisses me off, it is lazy play.

Reactions: 3 users
The one who seems to be acting sketchiest to me is Pippy.. past few games I've played with her, she's been EXTREMELY active both times. And she was village both times I think. Major change in mode = wolfy for me. LYNCH PIP

Lynch AM, she's made a lot of posts but several were just comments about past games, and a couple posts were defending other players for them. She's not being her normal quiet villager self.

Okay. So, I'm not enough posting enough content but I'm posting too much?

Lynch 3m

I'm tired of people using past games or "always a wolf" as a reason to lynch. Think of this game. It is different if you notice they are acting the same as when they were a wolf in a game, but the whole "always a wolf" excuse pisses me off, it is lazy play.

You know how hard it is for me to resist the urge to waffle my vote to you and post "always a wolf" right now???

AM I know is trying to be more active and it's been a trend in recent games so not concerned about her not being quiet. She does seem overly helpful though

DrS has made some comments that have seemed off. I also don't know how you can have Lupin as village lean when she's only posted a couple times and there hasn't really been anything to make you lean one way or the other

Snowy's reluctance to put another vote on 3m is odd. She does tend to be sketchy early game but tends to have good thoughts

Can someone add me to spectator chat?

Lynch Lyra

first to point out BBC's post about RNG sense of humor for her role which reminded me of Coop jumping on Cheat last game. She's also voting for AM for not being her normal quiet when the last few games it's been apparent that AM is trying to improve and not be quiet

Comments so far to things that other people haven't already asked and responded
Also where is @PippyPony ? She is usually an ever talkative force on thread so it's odd she only posted twice so far? :p
She also has exams, and to be fair, I think we pushed her to be talkative last game. Is she usually very talkative when not up for lynch?

LadyOtheFarm (LOTF). Might be leaning wolf because she chose to play in this game (despite the birth of a new baby - yay!). But, now she is very quiet. If she is at home with her new baby, I would guess that she would be near the Internet and available to check-in and post. Just a thought, that's all.
Um... she signed up and explained her circumstances before roles were dropped out. I'm not understanding your reasoning - were you expecting LotF to drop out if she wasn't a wolf?

WildZoo (Dubz). Leaning wolf because I don't think it seems unusual for a player on the first day of a WW game to be reluctant to throw a vote at anyone, just to cause a jump aboard and pile-up on the first day. I may be wrong, but that's just my humble feeling right now.
It is unusual when there's this much time before lynch. At this point, someone can get some pressure and have time to defend, and any bandwagons have time to dissipate if the village agrees with the defense. With that being said, it does take some time to get used to that mindset.

We had this discussion last game. I am always a wolf in basics games only :). Also, I don't count as a good player? :cryi:

lynch DrS for some weird logic above that reads like throwing shade, and because it seems like overkill to post feels (including neutrals) on everyone at this point in the game.

I'm starting to get annoyed for AM at this point
I mean, I want her to participate, but a sudden change in activity is going to throw me off. :shrug: But I don't have solid feels on anyone at this point.

Okay. So, I'm not enough posting enough content but I'm posting too much?
That's pretty much what I said, yeah.

Lynch Lyra

first to point out BBC's post about RNG sense of humor for her role which reminded me of Coop jumping on Cheat last game.
I didn't think BBC's comment was necessarily wolfy, I think she would have been more careful not to hint at her role in that case. It just seemed like a weird comment to make on thread.

I mean, I want her to participate, but a sudden change in activity is going to throw me off. :shrug: But I don't have solid feels on anyone at this point.

I don't know if that count as "sudden change" if participating more is something I've done over the last five games...

Also where is @PippyPony ? She is usually an ever talkative force on thread so it's odd she only posted twice so far? :p

The one who seems to be acting sketchiest to me is Pippy.. past few games I've played with her, she's been EXTREMELY active both times. And she was village both times I think. Major change in mode = wolfy for me. LYNCH PIP

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a job. And today I have been the only tech for 3 doctors, so...not a ton of time to be hanging out on the thread thus far. But I'll be home in ~45 min and will catch up then, although I also have class tonight. Mondays are not my best days.

Although, Cheat -- considering you (and pretty much everyone else) lynched me D1 for being too active last game, and that you *fell asleep* during the last speed game...you're really going to drop a lynch vote on me for inactivity because I haven't posted since this morning? Mmmk.

I don't know if that count as "sudden change" if participating more is something I've done over the last five games...
It felt like more posting than last game to be, but maybe I'm wrong. You're being awfully defensive over one vote.

To be honest, most Day 1 votes start off random but are used to put pressure on players. I wouldn't worry too much about a single lynch vote. Unless, of course, it gains traction for silly reasoning.
I like this mildly snippy AM that has been coming out recently. lol.
Plea to all...as much as I loved dead chat last game (and am excited Coop is apparently including it), I actually have time to play this week, and so I would prefer not to be the D1 queen of the dead again
emoji14.png
kinda oddy preemptive defending
I think this was the first movie I bawled in the theatre watching it. Luckily I was sitting in the back so I could snot up my shirt.
This was the first movie I remember seeing in a theater, period.
I think several people did in the end. I just remember it was brought up during an on thread argument. I wanna say it was a Trilt game or Trilt was a heavy player at that point. I was paying enough attention to those details so likely I played too. I would guess, one of the last 2 I played.
Bit of a diversion conversation...
Lynch Snowy

So that I get a vote out there in placeholder land. If we get people talking, I will try to make it a reasoned vote as quick as I can.
there's not much out there that grumps me up more than people acknowledging they're being lazy voters while they do it. "If we get people talking"... maybe try and contribute? Comment on something worthwhile instead of fluff about nicknames, then peacing out? Two comments in a row I don't like, so:

lynch LOTF

I took it more as hinting what her role name is rather than any specific ability. Kind of like LIS' role name in the Telenova WW.
^this. If I'm randomly (*dr evil air quotes*) assigned "queen sloth, overlord of all sloths" I'm gonna make a mild comment about RNG to the similar tune. Jumping on it and pushing on it feels much more sketchy than the initial comment; what wolf is going to go "haha my role name"?
I didn't think BBC's comment was necessarily wolfy, I think she would have been more careful not to hint at her role in that case. It just seemed like a weird comment to make on thread.
Weird to call it out, too. :eyebrow:

Cheat is, I think, being Cheat. I don't believe in the "beat enthusiastic noobs over the head until they calm their early enthusiasm," - I think if people have to learn what is and isn't sketchy, hey, maybe just maybe what we consider as sketchy needs a bit of a rewrite?

Dr-S is also always very difficult to read.

I want to hear more from KC and Pippy.

Lol. Then I'd have to lynch you for lying because I haven't been a wolf for at least the last 7 games. I actually don't recall when I was last a wolf. ;)

I know, that's what actually kept me from doing it ... I couldn't remember when you were last a wolf.

I haven't been an original wolf in a long time (at least, that I remember). I'm glad. I <hate> wolfing, and I'm always caught earlier because I'm a high-profile seer target. So unless I have a cover role I just sigh and figure I'm screwed.

Plus, I like being village more.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a job. And today I have been the only tech for 3 doctors, so...not a ton of time to be hanging out on the thread thus far. But I'll be home in ~45 min and will catch up then, although I also have class tonight. Mondays are not my best days.

Although, Cheat -- considering you (and pretty much everyone else) lynched me D1 for being too active last game, and that you *fell asleep* during the last speed game...you're really going to drop a lynch vote on me for inactivity because I haven't posted since this morning? Mmmk.

Ok that is understandable. However, there is no need to get so defensive. Yes I know I got a little when someone lynched me randomly as well today, but I didn't get this defensive and snippy. And "fell asleep"? Sorry it was like close to midnight when it was going on and didn't end till 2. I also have 12 hour days filled with class and work. We all do. It was a genuine reason for not being involved in that one.

21c4ce42769f0bad9ad0c2912dffc585_bear-woah-shots-fired-shots-fired-meme_490-178.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users