SUNY Buffalo Vs Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TannerTheBear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any input would be really helpful for me as I have to make a decision very soon and am starting to panic about it!

I am a New York resident so Buffalo would be quite a bit cheaper but on the other hand I was recently notified that I am an "alternate" for Einstein's Service and Research scholarship.

Any recommendations?

Thank you all in advance for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

What factors are you considering? Do you have family near NYC or Buffalo? Interested in research (specific type)? Cost of attendance? Facilities? :confused:

Provide some background info on what's important to you and maybe we can help you out

Go to Einstein because I'm applying to Buffalo. No need for us to compete against each other :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, forgot to mention that stuff in my first post!

I am from the Buffalo Area and have a lot of family close by.
I would prefer to have school affiliated hospitals in close proximity to the medical school campus.
Cost is a fairly big concern for me as I have some outstanding Undergraduate loans to deal with which is why This Service and Research Scholarship is a big deal for me.
Does anyone know what the typical award amount is?

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Go to Einstein because I'm applying to Buffalo. No need for us to compete against each other :)

Haha the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards Einstein.

But any info (amount, stipulations, requirements, etc.) on the Service and Research Scholarship would be awesome....

Please somebody help me out:D!

I was accepted to AE and got the Service/Research scholarship in the amount of $25,000/year. However, I ended up sticking with one of my state schools for both personal and financial reasons and declined the offer on Tuesday. I believe the only stipulations were that you be in good academic standing. hope that helps. Best of luck!

If you go to Buffalo, we'll be classmates. I'm also from Buffalo, and UB is my only acceptance, so no tough decisions for me.:)

It's not that difficult to get to all the hospitals UB uses, like Buffalo General. Owning a car is a good idea.

Thanks Topher46 and Maxell7307! Your input was really helpful.

After talking with my family, friends and current med students I am going to go to Buffalo.
It was a very tough decision but I think it is the better option for me.

I was rejected last week from my top choice school (off the wait list) and I guess it finally hit me that I needed to make a decision between AECOM and UB!

Look forward to seeing you in the Fall Maxwell!

Thanks Topher46 and Maxell7307! Your input was really helpful.

After talking with my family, friends and current med students I am going to go to Buffalo.
It was a very tough decision but I think it is the better option for me.

I was rejected last week from my top choice school (off the wait list) and I guess it finally hit me that I needed to make a decision between AECOM and UB!

Look forward to seeing you in the Fall Maxwell!

Cool! See you there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.