StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
shorty and I had so many big plans when we started this game and I'm glad we were able to squeeze most of them in and I hope that you guys enjoyed it :love:

And as always thank you so much KD for helping with game balance/mechanics/everything in between

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to play this game with you and fluffy next time
Definitely! When I realized all the cool mechanics and cult stuff was involved, I kind of got sad that I wasn't playing. Watching the cult chat was great though! The AM reveal was also great to see, loved watching the mass thread panic attack. :giggle:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
shorty and I had so many big plans when we started this game and I'm glad we were able to squeeze most of them in and I hope that you guys enjoyed it :love:

And as always thank you so much KD for helping with game balance/mechanics/everything in between
You guys are the best and I love you both dearly.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
…. Oh crap i shouldn’t have tunneled you and stoaty now :bag::sorry:
just out of curiosity, is tot chat having similar reads with dead chat :rofl: i can imagine shorty telling us that tot chat is doing poorly but then running to tot chat and telling them that the dead chat has all their reads wrong hahaha
i had a sinking suspicion that tot chat and dead chat were tunneling the wrong people haha

• Haha
…. Oh crap i shouldn’t have tunneled you and stoaty now :bag::sorry:
Can't believe that lawpy didn't believe in me 😭😭😭

I was trying to be a good upright villager, I really was

• Care
  • Haha
I desire being an awoo

Being in the dark is so hard. I want to pretend to be in the dark for a while instead 😅

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Can't believe that lawpy didn't believe in me 😭😭😭

I was trying to be a good upright villager, I really was
Well i kept forgetting the day closes at 9 PM EST instead of the usual 10 PM so i was just sticking with usual reads and very cursory feels while very loosely following what’s going on. I was convinced you were the cult leader though :bag::sorry:

• Care
  • Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well i kept forgetting the day closes at 9 PM EST instead of the usual 10 PM so i was just sticking with usual reads and very cursory feels while very loosely following what’s going on. I was convinced you were the cult leader though :bag::sorry:
Man, if I was the cult leader all of my pathetic fumbling would look brilliant and devious in hindsight. That would be nice 😂

• Care
Wait so Genny was the blocker AND the money thief??

genny did the block but only because she bought the sword from the store

She could steal money every night

• Wow
Also hey @SportPonies, you've definitely got the start of a Truenamer reading card. Thank you for believing me, even though you were evil at the time!

• Love
Definitely! When I realized all the cool mechanics and cult stuff was involved, I kind of got sad that I wasn't playing. Watching the cult chat was great though! The AM reveal was also great to see, loved watching the mass thread panic attack. :giggle:
I legit wished I was playing too! Who am I fooling, I spent the same amount of time reading the thread anyway

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I legit wished I was playing too! Who am I fooling, I spent the same amount of time reading the thread anyway
I missed the Good Fluff. Next game we'll all get to be terrified and confused together!

Loved the mechanics, by the way! It was really cool getting to buy things. Out of curiosity, if you ran it back, do you think there's anything y'all would change about the planting or shopping?

• Care
Loved the mechanics, by the way! It was really cool getting to buy things. Out of curiosity, if you ran it back, do you think there's anything y'all would change about the planting or shopping?
Yeah, for one thing, we wouldn't do 4 different planting options with different grow times lol. WAY too much work.

There's a lot that we'll have to discuss for the redux version. Interactions are another thing that took up an enormous amount of time.

• Care
Yeah, for one thing, we wouldn't do 4 different planting options with different grow times lol. WAY too much work.

There's a lot that we'll have to discuss for the redux version. Interactions are another thing that took up an enormous amount of time.
If you want a baby mod who likes spreadsheets the next time around... 🥺

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Fact: this setup was supposed to be the redux version, and I no longer remember what the OG StardeWW was supposed to be, but it was nowhere near as complex as this game ended up :rofl:

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
From cult chat:

ETA: not mechanicsssssss
Oh I just mean mechanics were the nail in the coffin. Not much I can do when I'm blocked on a no wolf kill night and it's known that there's only one wolf.

I do wonder why that vote was so triggering for everyone though. That was the moment Zenge fully flipped on me too.

In hindsight, I should have stayed off it. I regretted it immediately lol

• Angry
  • Care

yeah and maybe a little bit of rework on how much the items are worth. It was difficult for people to buy any in the early game

yeah and maybe a little bit of rework on how much the items are worth. It was difficult for people to buy any in the early game
Oh I thought making people think they could afford stuff when they couldn't was the goal :thinking:

• Haha
If you want a baby mod who likes spreadsheets the next time around... 🥺

Another fun fact: the spreadsheet for this game is so large it froze both KD's and I's devices :laugh:

• Love
  • Wow
  • Haha
@SportPonies don't angery me
When this game started I thought kdswg and I needed 5 misyeets to win. I wanted to push Zenge out of his sporty tunnel but I didn't think that was fair to my wooflet, who was up next on the chopping block.

Turned out it happened anyway but. Hindsight 20/20.

• Care
Oh dang, 'twas my own villagers that turned against me. @Truenamer @bluestoat Ye shall forever regret the day you yeeted me and not genny.
Also apologies for screaming at everyone in dead chat.

• Care
  • Haha
Why is it that the day I die tends to be the day I make the best predictions? I was misyeeted in the speed game and identified both wolves and sort of got things right here with recognizing Dubz as the wolf and genny as the cult leader in my last reads list.

• Care
handing in my true and blue reading cards until the end of time haha

handing in my true and blue reading cards until the end of time haha
I love that it's looking like literally everyone thought I was either the cult leader or a wolf, clearly my "project good village vibes" game isn't on point yet

• Care
  • Haha
I love that it's looking like literally everyone thought I was either the cult leader or a wolf, clearly my "project good village vibes" game isn't on point yet
Well, if your goal was to not village as hard as last game/be sketchy enough to make it further in the game, then you definitely achieved it.

I believed in youuuuu
I wanted so much for you to believe me, it felt so important. It's strange how different it was from Real Life games, where at that moment you could just make really clear eye contact and emote at people. Doing everything by text makes it so difficult to be earnest.

• Care
I wanted so much for you to believe me, it felt so important. It's strange how different it was from Real Life games, where at that moment you could just make really clear eye contact and emote at people. Doing everything by text makes it so difficult to be earnest.
Then I guess you could say that's... the importance of being earnest.

• Haha
Why is it that the day I die tends to be the day I make the best predictions? I was misyeeted in the speed game and identified both wolves and sort of got things right here with recognizing Dubz as the wolf and genny as the cult leader in my last reads list.
Protect pshelty forever

I never doubted you in the tot chat

• Love