StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Although i will say i’m hoping for a zenges/truey hydra in a future WW game :cat::shy:
Btw Lawpy

If the tales of your tot adventures are to be believed... YOU MISYEETED ME TWO GAMES IN A ROW

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Btw the foragers would find various forageables overnight and it would be converted to money automatically. We’d RNG an amount between 100-250g in increments of 50.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also @bluestoat catch up with one piece for ~reasons~
She's only two manga chapters behind! Three once the one comes out this weekend. After binging the whole thing she needed a bit of a break.

Can't believe I found someone willing to read/watch an excessively long goofy pirate manga 🥰

I even read illicit spoilers 😂
I am one behind! Whatcha wanna talk about

I like having another one piece to read after getting through a chapter
Oho oho!

PROTECT STOATY AND TRUEY FOREVER AND EVER

And now you guys know the origins of my SDN name and why i’m hyped :cat::shy:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Oho oho!

PROTECT STOATY AND TRUEY FOREVER AND EVER

And now you guys know the origins of my SDN name and why i’m hyped :cat::shy:
It probably won't make sense to them because you altered your name a while ago.

lol I do feel like even the clumsiest baby wolf would know better than to be all "hey, stay away from my precious packmate" on day 1
I was just reminded of this post

Heh

One of the reasons cubs had to die when he did was because I didn't want him thinking too much about how I'd tried to redirect him away from kdswg in our PM :whistle:

• Sad
What would’ve happened if she’d tried to convert dubz?
Interestingly, I love to tinker with this stuff. I tried to convince my fellows to let a wolf conversion go through. Cause, cmon, I just like to do 9D sekret level stuff.

but it would have been too great of a betrayal for game size. but someday (watch out, @WildZoo , Cthulhu goin’a getchu)

• Haha
thanks for a fun game!! Y’all were thoroughly entertaining!! :biglove::biglove:
Thanks for making the game that gave me my first 3P win!
I am super pleased and hope you enjoyed despite being so busy!!
Fantastic game, everyone, and thank you so much for playing!!! Special thanks to the DREAM TEAM modsquad that I got to do this with - this game was a labor of love, and it would never have been possible without the incredible @kaydubs and @Dinashadow!

I hope you all had fun and join us for more kayshortDina games :biglove::biglove:

I'll share the spreadsheet and add everyone to dead chat momentarily.

shorty and I had so many big plans when we started this game and I'm glad we were able to squeeze most of them in and I hope that you guys enjoyed it :love:

And as always thank you so much KD for helping with game balance/mechanics/everything in between
Working with you both continues to be such a pleasure. I’m glad I could enable, er, encourage you to go ham on mechanics, and if my balancing abilities and mod experience helped to achieve some/any of the dreams, I’m thrilled I could do so.

until next time :biglove::biglove::biglove:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Idk why I woke up still wanting to figure out math

So the only shot village had to win was to yeet sporty, then have genny try and fail to recruit me at the same time that I tried and failed to kill her, and then it would have been 2:1:1, they yeet me, no one dies or is recruited overnight since it was an even night, and then they yeet genny. Right?

I can't think of any other scenario where they could win and even that one is uhhh... we'll say unlikely given genny would have known she couldn't recruit me :laugh:

Meanwhile my best shot would have been the same except then for them to decide to yeet genny instead of me for some reason, again unlikely since genny was never going to try to recruit me. There's no realistic way to get to the 1:1:1 scenario I don't think, with genny knowing with some certainty I was a wolf (even before I outted myself) since I was blocked when a wolf kill didn't happen.

So the death avoidance still being in play made it very unlikely Cult was going to lose since they were realistically always going to hit their wincon before we could remove genny from play and stop her recruitments, once we got to this f5 situation.

Should have pushed harder for the genny yeet d2 (and joined PSV D4) smh.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Wait I just realized
If I'd been able to kill True last night it would have been
1 village (stoat)
1 wolf (me)
2 cult (genny and sporty)

@genny now I'm even more mad :rage:
I thought you might try to kill me, which would have made me vulnerable to the next day’s yeet. Cult was recruiting on odd nights, so if I just made it through that yeet, we’d be fine.

I thought you might try to kill me, which would have made me vulnerable to the next day’s yeet. Cult was recruiting on odd nights, so if I just made it through that yeet, we’d be fine.
genny pls, killing you would only have led to me getting yeeted harder. I was already in the POE, I wasn't gonna make it smaller :laugh:

• Haha
I'd like to share something I posted in my role PM the day before my misyeet:
"I just caught my first super cucumber while fishing. Hopefully that's a good omen...?"
Spoiler alert: it was NOT.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I'd like to share something I posted in my role PM the day before my misyeet:
"I just caught my first super cucumber while fishing. Hopefully that's a good omen...?"
Spoiler alert: it was NOT.
Now I really wish I knew what the super cucumber you caught did

We all absolutely need to have this game run again LOL, especially so that some of the tots and sidecars can join

Do you know how sad I’ll be if you’re an OG wolf and I backed off your case?

…not actually that sad because I’ll take solace in reading you “different” early game.
Idk this is the last thing village!sporty said about wolf!Dubz, seems hedgy :p

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Not much. AM was pinging me really hard yesterday and I ended up wondering if she's a seer because it's AM and I knew she couldn't be a wolf but I didn't know about the cult.

It's not that my radar has changed. But, with new information, I want to reset and revise my thinking. On-board collaboration seems like it'd be easier if Barkley doesn't feel defensive or like there's hostility from me. I know I couldn't have worked well with Bob because he was convinced I'm a wolf convert and True is an original wolf; it was a roadblock to alternative discussions.
I was never confident of anything in this game. Or most games for that matter. You weren't in my POE (True, WZ, genny, barks) bc True flip would've sorted that out. FYI for future games- I am always open for alternative discussions. Now I am just curious what you will act like as a wolf. Can you give me a secret signal so I will know?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Oh, did someone say there were conversion hints, or at least hints that you might want to think about another faction?
Ironically, I worried that some of them were too OBVIOUS when I wrote them :laugh:

But some of them caution you - not all is right in this seemingly peaceful village. Fellow farmers cast disdainful looks at a large, shiny building as they talk to you about the value of selling your produce, and how everyone should appreciate the family farm. You haven't been here long enough to decide your own feelings on Jojamart.
Omg what, there was a hint in the sign up thread??
You see a flyer sticking out of your mailbox and examine it carefully. It talks about how some people and animals have been going missing, never to be seen again. How peculiar. It warns you to keep an eye out for shady people, and to support your local farmers. Well, of course you support yourself. Wonder what that's all about.

Most returned home to sleep to restore their much needed energy but a whispered conversation or two could be heard. Or were those crickets?
samac's role probably should have been a hint at least to the wolves that there was another faction, given that there was nothing about conversion in their roles, but that would be very difficult for them to bring up on thread, so.
Everyone was settling into a routine. Lively discussions with their fellow townsfolk during the day, and gently tending to their crops at night. Some people planted what they liked to eat. Others decided to build a parsnip empire. All had the goal of finally being able to afford a new farming tool from the general store, or that shiny prismatic shard - everyone wanted to support their local business, but man, sometimes those prices made people understand why big box stores were able to lure people in.

He grew fond of the blue chicken over time. It was saucy, a real wildcard sometimes, and though he couldn’t always understand it, he somehow knew that the blue chicken made bad dad jokes in its chicken language. You sure couldn’t get eggs from chickens like this at Jojamart, though he’d noticed that it seemed like the supermarket was growing more popular. He shook his head watching people walk across the bridge to shop. If only they’d support local farmers breeding quirky chickens.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Oh, did someone say there were conversion hints, or at least hints that you might want to think about another faction?
Ironically, I worried that some of them were too OBVIOUS when I wrote them :laugh:

samac's role probably should have been a hint at least to the wolves that there was another faction, given that there was nothing about conversion in their roles, but that would be very difficult for them to bring up on thread, so.
Yeah. I totally picked up on all of those hints...lol

• Haha
I just thought we hadn't unlocked the conversion yet :sorry:
Until kdswg died and there was still no conversion and then I was too busy melting into a puddle to think about it lol though i think I did say something about 3p maybe existing and that I wished they would help kill some villagers :laugh:

I think my eyes glazed over the other hints because I didn't know the source material. Perhaps the hints were more obvious to people who even knew what Jojamart was. I thought that was all flair lol I did catch the whispered conversation one though!

• Care

Man I couldn't tell if that was just setting-based storytelling. I figured the wolves were Joja-esque, until AM flipped.

I still love that DubZ killing people by kicking them in the shins ended up in the write up :rofl:

• Haha
  • Love
I just thought we hadn't unlocked the conversion yet :sorry:
Until kdswg died and there was still no conversion and then I was too busy melting into a puddle to think about it lol though i think I did say something about 3p maybe existing and that I wished they would help kill some villagers :laugh:

I think my eyes glazed over the other hints because I didn't know the source material. Perhaps the hints were more obvious to people who even knew what Jojamart was. I thought that was all flair lol I did catch the whispered conversation one though!
I didn’t catch them :sorry:

• Care