StardeWW Valley - Sign Up Thread - Sign Ups CLOSED - Game Start 2/2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everything's been such a whirlwind. And now, you've found yourself in a new place to call home.
Your grandfather's farm, overgrown, with only a decrepit greenhouse and a tiny house for you. And yet, you see endless possibilities. You could be very happy here.

Your eyes sparkle as you imagine the farm after some hard work and elbow grease. Fields of crops, barns of animals, trees bearing fruit instead of just dropping acorns and pine cones everywhere.

It's a big change from the city life. Here, it seems like everyone knows everyone. Talk about a small town vibe. Right now, you're the outsider, but you look forward to building relationships with the people you call your neighbors. You hope to call them friends soon too.

But some of them caution you - not all is right in this seemingly peaceful village. Fellow farmers cast disdainful looks at a large, shiny building as they talk to you about the value of selling your produce, and how everyone should appreciate the family farm. You haven't been here long enough to decide your own feelings on Jojamart. There's an run-down community center that intrigues you. And a mine - you're cautioned that the mine is dangerous, which intrigues you. You'll wait and see - before you can think about any of that, you have to learn how to be a farmer!

Welcome to Stardew Valley, your new home, chaperoned by myself, @Dinashadow, and @kaydubs!

Theme: Stardew Valley
Cycle Timing: 36/12 accelerating to 12/12 later in the game
Setup: role madness, closed.
Participation Requirements: 10 posts per 36/12 cycle, 5 per 12/12.
Start Date: 1/31 or slightly later depending on how signups go.

Please note that the mods have a Zero Patience Threshold (ZPT) for incivility and unsportsmanlike behavior. If we see this in our game, you will be removed from gameplay without warning. We put this rule in the sign up thread so it isn’t a surprise at the start of the game. If you cannot abide by this, don’t sign up. Keep it friendly and civil, or keep your lips ZPT. Any questions about this policy can be directed to shorty.

We have no set player minimum, but please only sign up if you can be an active participant!

SIDECARS ARE AN OPTION IN THIS GAME. What the heck is a sidecar? Doesn't sound very farmy. A sidecar is a chance for a noob to sit on the tractor with a veteran and hear their words of wisdom (or screams) about the game. If you want to take a sidecar, please indicate this on your sign up. Nooblets who want to sidecar can add themselves to the appropriate list.

(music for ambiance)

It is now time to sign up. Sign ups will close when the mods feel is appropriate.

@Lawpy, tags pls.

Players:
7. @WildZoo
13. @Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc.​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
If any nooblets would like to sidecar, please let us know and I'm sure we have some people who would be willing to take a farming apprentice!

If you are a veteran and willing to take a sidecar, please indicate this when you sign up!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This noob finished her physiology exam today and is itching to leave the warm cozy comfort of tot chat for the nitty gritty action of a game!

Players:
3. @Dana_May_B
7. @WildZoo (sidecar)
13. @Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc.

• Love
Players:
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142
7. @WildZoo (sidecar)
13. @Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I want to play
But I’m going to have to be getting up a hour earlier the month of February
And I think I would never be here for yeet close and that’s some anti village behavior so I guess I will tot

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
What exactly is a sidecar? I’d love to play again but I could not keep up with the bowling game. Not sure if I should just wait for another noob game. I also work 9-6 most days with a measly 30 minute lunch so I’m not the most active

Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly is a sidecar? I’d love to play again but I could not keep up with the bowling game. Not sure if I should just wait for another noob game. I also work 9-6 most days with a measly 30 minute lunch so I’m not the most active
Sidecars get to hang out in the role PM of a veteran and can ask them questions about strategy and stuff! It's basically a souped-up version of totting.

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142
7. @WildZoo (sidecar)
13. @Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

I think Assassination Classroom will overlap with this but with 36/12 cycles that should be fine.

Assassination Classroom isn't running until the late spring/beginning of the summer now.
Oh darn! Well, that just means I'll spend all my time on this game, assuming I don't die early on.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I'd love to be a sidecar! I'm afraid I'll burn myself out on WW otherwise :laugh:

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142
7. @WildZoo (sidecar)
13. @Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

What iiiiifffff
I play, but my sidecar feeds me the thread info so I'm actually able to keep up?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
2. AM (sidecar)
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142 (sidecar)
7. WildZoo (sidecar)
13. Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
Etc.

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

• Love
What iiiiifffff
I play, but my sidecar feeds me the thread info so I'm actually able to keep up?
This. Feed me raw data points so I can compute in peace

This looks like fun, but next time! School is keeping me busy.

• Care
Down to sidecar! I love the theme but can only allow myself a game/ month 😊

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
2. AM (sidecar)
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142 (sidecar)
7. WildZoo (sidecar)
13. Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
2. Justafluff

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

Very much enjoyed my first game, really looking forward to this one. I'm sure the valley will be very peaceful with zero devourings.

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
2. AM (sidecar)
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142 (sidecar)
7. WildZoo (sidecar)
11. Truenamer
13. Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
2. Justafluff

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
alright I'll bite

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
2. AM (sidecar)
3. DanaB
5. Zenge142 (sidecar)
7. WildZoo (sidecar)
11. True
13. Barkley13
Etc.

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
2. Justafluff
3. AceHydro

Subs:
Etc.

Tots:
1. Lawpy?
Etc

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I reeeaaaally want to do this, but I have an addiction and I want to train (carefully, given COVID recovery) for a marathon. So sub

• Care
Oh wait, True and a lot of noob game friendos are playing.

UGH.

Decisions

• Care
Oh wait, True and a lot of noob game friendos are playing.

UGH.

Decisions
dooooo ittt. then go run off your anger after the wolves pull some stupid trick on you

• Love
What iiiiifffff
Sidecars are not secretaries, April. If you want a WW secretary, get a second job and take out an add in the classified section, like the rest of us.

Wanted: Person with good reading and note taking skills. Must adapt to online personas quickly and be able to read tone in an online forum game and convey a summary of those messages back to me with brevity. Must have good typing proficiency, and be able to make my online persona adhere to the following rules: 1. Be wolfy but not too wolfy. 2. Be interesting but not memorable. 3. Be funny but don’t make people laugh. Must have a knack for lying and for catching other people in lies. $9.50/hr starting, with bonuses on successful conquests and room to advance into your own WW persona. Vacation, overtime, and medical. No vision or dental. Expected to work nights and weekends.

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Sidecars are not secretaries, April. If you want a WW secretary, get a second job and take out an add in the classified section, like the rest of us.

Wanted: Person with good reading and note taking skills. Must adapt to online personas quickly and be able to read tone in an online forum game and convey a summary of those messages back to me with brevity. Must have good typing proficiency, and be able to make my online persona adhere to the following rules: 1. Be wolfy but not too wolfy. 2. Be interesting but not memorable. 3. Be funny but don’t make people laugh. Must have a knack for lying and for catching other people in lies. $9.50/hr starting, with bonuses on successful conquests and room to advance into your own WW persona. Vacation, overtime, and medical. No vision or dental. Expected to work nights and weekends.
Hold on, you're telling me I could have played WW and gotten PAID for it??????

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

I’ll throw in some Vision if we can timeshare , I get them on Monday and Wednesday

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Hold on, you're telling me I could have played WW and gotten PAID for it??????
^Example of something funny but not laughable. Pls hire me, Zenge (or any other vet).

Talents include:
  • Being a dedicated, good(ish?), paranoid mason/vanillager
  • Being forgotten about as a possible wolf during speed games and then immediately dying (AKA losing) in the F3
  • Procrastinating on schoolwork for WW (def not doing that rn)
Will also bring you homemade baked goods! Possible treats include: banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and lemon bars.

• Love
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
^Example of something funny but not laughable. Pls hire me, Zenge (or any other vet).

Talents include:
  • Being a dedicated, good(ish?), paranoid mason/vanillager
  • Being forgotten about as a possible wolf during speed games and then immediately dying (AKA losing) in the F3
  • Procrastinating on schoolwork for WW (def not doing that rn)
Will also bring you homemade baked goods! Possible treats include: banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and lemon bars.
HIRED

as long as you are okay with non-monetary payment such as vet school application review and questionable studying advice

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users