StardeWW Valley - Sign Up Thread - Sign Ups CLOSED - Game Start 2/2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Oh before everyone starts to lose their **** Iā€™m not tinfoiling

IVE NEVER PLAYED

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I plan to set aside an hour each evening of the game to read the thread on my computer, NOT MY PHONE, organize a response, and leave for the night. We'll see what happens
I wish I had this kind of self control

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Never played but love listening to the soundtrack! :giggle:

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Highly recommend the Mass Effect and Divinity: Original Sin 2 soundtracks as good background music to study to. I know some people like the Skyrim soundtrack, but I cannot focus with people chanting "Dovahkiin" over and over lol. It makes me feel rushed/stressed. I will have to try the Stardew Valley soundtrack sometime!
update: I am listening to it right now and it's so serene I love it already

Last edited:
  • Love
Me: *signs up for a random dnd one shot, know nothing about it other than itā€™s valentines themed and hosted on Valentineā€™s Day*
Tonight was character creating, actual game is is on Valentineā€™s Day.
DM describes the game tonight: ā€œSo this one shot will be kind of mafia, werewolf basedā€
Me: :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Highly recommend the Mass Effect and Divinity: Original Sin 2 soundtracks as good background music to study to. I know some people like the Skyrim soundtrack, but I cannot focus with people chanting "Dovahkiin" over and over lol. It makes me feel rushed/stressed. I will have to try the Stardew Valley soundtrack sometime!
I once tried to have Dark Souls boss themes playing in the background while I did an assignment. Only once.

• Haha
Me: *signs up for a random dnd one shot, know nothing about it other than itā€™s valentines themed and hosted on Valentineā€™s Day*
Tonight was character creating, actual game is is on Valentineā€™s Day.
DM describes the game tonight: ā€œSo this one shot will be kind of mafia, werewolf basedā€
Me: :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah:
Do you guys actually do your one shots in one shot? All of our "one shots" have ended up lasting 3+ sessions. We had one that ran for 10+ sessions until we all moved to new states, so we continued playing on Skype and still didn't finish it šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys actually do your one shots in one shot? All of our "one shots" have ended up lasting 3+ sessions. We had one that ran for 10+ sessions until we all moved to new states, so we continued playing on Skype and still didn't finish it šŸ˜‚
Doing a satisfying one-shot in one session is really hard unless you have like, 6 hours to do it. The only time I've seen it done successfully unless is when everyone at the table has been very comfortable with D&D and all of the characters were prepared and ready beforehand.

I honestly have no idea. This is with someone Iā€™ve never played with before, but the plan is 6pm-11pm so itā€™s a good chunk of time.

Check out the journey soundtrack

Finalized roster:

Players:
1. Potentialsheltervet
2. AM (sidecar)
3. DanaB
4. kdswg
5. Zenge142 (sidecar)
6. genny (papoose)
7. WildZoo (sidecar)
8. Samac (sidecar)
11. True
13. Barkley13
14. Terminator!Sporty (sidecar)
15. cubs (beer)
16. stoaty
18. BobLoblaw

Sidecars:
1. violetvett
2. Justafluff
3. AceHydro
4. IvyMoose

Subs:
*crickets*

Tots:
1. Lawpy
2. Alleys
3. Mayo
4. Oxy
5. Doggos

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Preemptive warning that this game has several Important Posts that will follow the opening post and the forum is probably going to be fussy about my posting all of them because they are both lengthy and colorful, so please do not start posting in the game thread until I have posted the following:

(EXAMPLE ONLY)
It is now Day 1. Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3/2021.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm just breathing a sigh of relief over here that this is a relatively small game so it's a nice break after BoWWling.

Reactions: 4 users
Preemptive warning that this game has several Important Posts that will follow the opening post and the forum is probably going to be fussy about my posting all of them because they are both lengthy and colorful, so please do not start posting in the game thread until I have posted the following:

(EXAMPLE ONLY)
It is now Day 1. Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3/2021.
You should be able to lock the thread to prevent others from posting until you're done, assuming that feature hasn't disappeared again :)

You should be able to lock the thread to prevent others from posting until you're done, assuming that feature hasn't disappeared again :)
I feel like the last time I locked a thread, I kept having to unlock it to post myself šŸ¤”

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The forum software was remarkably cooperative about the formatting of the opening post draft in mod chat, which is giving me whatā€™s likely a false sense of security about how it will behave tomorrow.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
makes a note that Zenge, samac, and Dubz are starting the game with demerits and PSV is starting with a bonus
What did I do?! I didn't start the game! I didn't yeet anyone!